PDA

View Full Version : Guillen: The reason he is here is because of Ozzie

SoLongFrank
04-14-2006, 01:41 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep14.html
QUOTE: It was Guillen who first pushed for the Sox to call up Ordonez to the major leagues back in 1997, which Guillen felt eventually cost him his job as the team's shortstop.

Guillen: "The reason he is here is because of Ozzie. But we've wanted to talk to each other for a little while. Like I said, I don't want to hold a grudge with anyone. It was time to turn the page.''

Did he really say that?

chaerulez
04-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Maybe he's being too blunt, but it's true. Ozzie bashed management when at first they wouldn't give Mags a spot on the roster.

Corlose 15
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Wasn't it something along the lines of the Sox weren't going to protect Ordonez in the rule 5 draft, and Ozzie went to bat for him? Or maybe they didn't and he wasn't picked up and Ozzie went to bat for him. Something like that.

32nd&Wallace
04-14-2006, 06:47 PM
I noticed that too this morning. I think the point of this thread is to inquire as to whether Ozzie refered to himself in the third person.

RKMeibalane
04-14-2006, 08:20 PM
I noticed that too this morning. I think the point of this thread is to inquire as to whether Ozzie refered to himself in the third person.

:ozzie:

"Ozzie likes spicy chicken."