PDA

View Full Version : White Sox ST roster

Daver
01-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Was released today.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020122_nonrost erbios_news&team_id=cws

bjmarte
01-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by daver
Was released today.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020122_nonrost erbios_news&team_id=cws

Anyone catch the photo of Julio Ramirez they chose to put at the top right.

Jjav829
01-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Anyone catch the photo of Julio Ramirez they chose to put at the top right.

LOL! Im sure they were looking for a picture of a play where he actually did something right. But those are hard to find.

czalgosz
01-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Inviting Justin Baughman is kind of intriguing. He's too old to be considered a prospect, and his bat is only average at best, but he's got very good speed and he can play infield. But he would be competing directly against Graffanino, so he won't make the team.

Hummel, Borchard, and Malone are all long-shot possibilities, but I wouldn't count on it out of Spring Training. Those guys are the future.

The only ones that have a legitimate shot to make the team out of Spring Training are Porzio and Evans, and that's only if someone gets hurt or if they absolutely sparkle in Spring Training. All in all, no real surprises.

AsInWreck
01-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Inviting Justin Baughman is kind of intriguing. He's too old to be considered a prospect, and his bat is only average at best, but he's got very good speed and he can play infield. But he would be competing directly against Graffanino, so he won't make the team.

Hummel, Borchard, and Malone are all long-shot possibilities, but I wouldn't count on it out of Spring Training. Those guys are the future.

The only ones that have a legitimate shot to make the team out of Spring Training are Porzio and Evans, and that's only if someone gets hurt or if they absolutely sparkle in Spring Training. All in all, no real surprises.

One of the reasons graf was so underused last year may have been the fact he was usually the only IF on the bench- maybe the sox are looking to
have 2 this year, i definitely think it would be a good idea, personally-on borchard i'm all for the idea of him starting the season w/ the sox - he's 23 and plenty of players of his caliber made the transition w/ less experience-i'm not saying the sox feel the same way but if you've got a high impact player i say throw him in the water - i think he'll learn to swim - just my opinion - same
w/ malone