PDA

View Full Version : New Bleacher Shirt

ewokpelts
04-13-2006, 11:59 PM
I was at the Scrubs game today and saw this shirt:

"CLASSIC BLEACHERS 1915-2005"

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't......
a. the cubs not even in wrigley field until 1916
b. and wrigley was built in 1914
and c......the bleacher built in 1937?

Gene

TornLabrum
04-14-2006, 12:05 AM

Gene

You are correct on all three counts. Once again, Sox fans prove they know more about Cubs history than people who bill themselves as Cubs fans.

LuvSox
04-14-2006, 12:09 AM
"Go Bleachers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chisox003
04-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Nothing against Ewo here, but damn .... this is the 6th or 7th (possibly 8th) thread TODAY alone started about the Cubs or something Cub related.

Pretty sad me thinks....

:kukoo:

FedEx227
04-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Well he said he went to a Cubs game, imagine your mindstate after such a horrendous experiences. Hes merely trying to rid himself of all Cubness.

MUsoxfan
04-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Nothing against Ewo here, but damn .... this is the 6th or 7th (possibly 8th) thread TODAY alone started about the Cubs or something Cub related.

Pretty sad me thinks....

:kukoo:

It's been out of control for months. One would think that winning the World ****ing Series would be enough to pacify the Cubsessed. But it's never enough.

TheDarkGundam
04-14-2006, 12:29 AM
It's been out of control for months. One would think that winning the World ****ing Series would be enough to pacify the Cubsessed. But it's never enough.
If you don't want to read about the Cubs, then stay out of What's The Score. It's that simple.

CLR01
04-14-2006, 12:30 AM
If you don't want to read about the Cubs, then stay out of What's The Score. It's that simple.

If you want to talk about the Cubs go find a Cubs board. That's pretty simple too.

ewokpelts
04-14-2006, 12:31 AM
I agree...it's not like i posted this in the parking lot or clubhouse
Gene

Chicken Dinner
04-14-2006, 12:38 AM

Gene

Why is everyone always at Wrigley???? Makes me think that there are closet Cub fans on this board.

ewokpelts
04-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Why is everyone always at Wrigley???? Makes me think that there are closet Cub fans on this board.
A. I'm secure in my sox fandom to enjoy a game at wrigley.
b. I was off today.
c.Killer Seats
d. sox were in detroit, otherwise i'd be there.

Gene

FedEx227
04-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Why does everyone have to be so judgemental here... chill Spike Lee. He went to Wrigley because he probably got great seats for free. If someone presented me with great free tickets to any MLB game I would go in a heart-beat.

Plus Whats the Score? is devoted to this kind of stuff, so I don't know why its such a crime to post a topic about the subject matter the section of the board is about. Like someone said above if you don't want to hear about the Cubs, then don't come to Whats the Score.

Chisox003
04-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Why does everyone have to be so judgemental here... chill Spike Lee. He went to Wrigley because he probably got great seats for free. If someone presented me with great free tickets to any MLB game I would go in a heart-beat.

Plus Whats the Score? is devoted to this kind of stuff, so I don't know why its such a crime to post a topic about the subject matter the section of the board is about. Like someone said above if you don't want to hear about the Cubs, then don't come to Whats the Score. Ok, and I agree with that, but I can't help but wonder why the **** I've seen 8 different, new threads about them today. So I venture into one, and ask why, and get the predictable response of it's "What's the Score" (aka ****house Jr.)

Well, of course my response is going to be if people want/NEED to fill their daily/hourly Flubsession, find a Cubs board. It gets really annoying, honestly.

Again, wasn't calling out Gene on going to a Cubs game or starting this thread, I just don't understand why we need several different threads on the same damn thing.

At this rate, we can seriously have a completely new forum dedicated to only the Cubs, and it would contend with the Clubhouse in terms of posts and threads. And that's ****ing sad.

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-14-2006, 01:30 AM
should we learn more about the cubs just to say we know more about them then actual cub fans?

Irishsox1
04-14-2006, 09:50 AM
I know it's a minor thing but the official name is the "Bud-Light Bleachers". Get it right or we'll take away your cell phone, flip flops and avaitor sunglasses.

Viva Medias B's
04-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Wrigley Field, built in 1914, was originally called Weeghman Park and housed the Chicago Whales of the Federal League. When the Federal League folded after two seasons, Whales owner Charles Weeghman purchased the Cubs and moved them from the West Side to Clark & Addison in 1916. The Wrigley family purchased the Cubs from Weeghman in 1920 and renamed the ballpark Cubs Park. In 1926, the Wrigleys renamed it Wrigley Field.

This proves that the producer of those shirts knows nothing about the history of his/her own team's ballpark.

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2006, 09:57 AM
[INSERT BANNED PICTURE OF WRIGLEY FRAT BOY HERE]

"Dude, I am soooo lovin' the game from these awesome, ancient bleachers! It's, like, so historical and stuff! I heard that Henry VIII himself watched the Cubbies annihilate the Marlins from these very seats...man, can't you just, like, FEEL the awesome history?!?"

Hangar18
04-14-2006, 10:27 AM

Gene

Good Catch my friend, that is exactly right. I love WSI, debunking myths daily

ws05champs
04-14-2006, 10:52 AM
should we learn more about the cubs just to say we know more about them then actual cub fans?

You must know your enemy. That way when a pathetic Cub fan tries to provoke you, you can swiftly and easily dispatch them back into the slime they crawled out of.

miker
04-15-2006, 11:41 AM
If you want to talk about the Cubs go find a Cubs board. That's pretty simple too.
Actually, you can probably find more factual (albeit derogatory) Cub discussion here at WSI.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-15-2006, 12:45 PM

Cheeses H Rice is a closet Cub fan. He told me so. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Cheeses H Rice is a closet Cub fan. He told me so. :cool:

Isn't that little redhead Matt Murton dreamy?

:redface:

CHISOXFAN13
04-17-2006, 01:03 AM
You must know your enemy. That way when a pathetic Cub fan tries to provoke you, you can swiftly and easily dispatch them back into the slime they crawled out of.

You are right. I know a lot about the Twins and Indians.