PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Ariz and SoCal Sox Fans!

MarySwiss
04-13-2006, 07:01 PM
This is admittedly pretty early, but I wanted to gauge interest.

Any Arizona WSI'ers who were around last year know about Skip and Jan's Sports Bar in Tempe, which is owned by diehard Sox fans from Indiana. In fact, I was pleased to meet several of you who showed up there for impromptu gatherings during the playoffs. (BTW, if you haven't been in lately, Skip is assembling a kind of shrine on the wall featuring Sox WS Champs stuff. I will be contributing a blow-up of my picture of the WS trophy.)

Anyway, in another thread, TheKittle suggested that I consider coming down to Anaheim end of April to catch the game(s). And I probably would have if I weren't stashing away all my extra bucks in prep for my trip to Chicago in May for the COTC party. However, it got me thinking about the Sox-Anaheim series in September and the possibilities of a road trip.

To make a long story short, I ran this idea by Skip and a couple of other Sox fans out here, and they all seem to like it. I also have asked TheKittle to find out what kind of group packages the Angels offer.

So, anybody else think a WSI gathering in Anaheim in September sounds like a good idea?

TheKittle
04-13-2006, 09:01 PM
The White Sox comeback to Anaheim Sept 11-13th. I always go to a game on Sept. 11th but I'm not in the mood to party or anything like that. BTW I think MLB should ALWAYS schedule a full slate of games on Sept 11th. In 2003 or 04, Sept 11th fell on a Thur and there were only 3-4 games scheduled.

The other two days would be great.

MarySwiss
04-14-2006, 12:19 PM
The White Sox comeback to Anaheim Sept 11-13th. I always go to a game on Sept. 11th but I'm not in the mood to party or anything like that. BTW I think MLB should ALWAYS schedule a full slate of games on Sept 11th. In 2003 or 04, Sept 11th fell on a Thur and there were only 3-4 games scheduled.

The other two days would be great.

Well, the first two are night games, so I'm betting that we'd go for the Wednesday day game. Otherwise, all the Arizona fans would be getting home at 3 am or so!

This is still really early in the planning stage, of course, but if the Angels are still in the hunt at that point--or even if they're not!--it would probably be a good time.