PDA

View Full Version : Gas Can Returns!!

veeter
04-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Former Sox reliever shows why he earned the nickname today. After giving up a three run bomb to Austin Kearns today, maybe he'll shut his mouth for a while. Good to have you back, Bobby.

SOecks
04-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Good to see Bobby contributing as only he knows how.

Dan Mega
04-13-2006, 04:11 PM
What will Michael Barrett blame the loss on today? The planetary alignment?

No teal needed. He is Mr. Its Not My Fault/Sour Grapes.

Hawkeroo1980
04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Bobby Howry needs to realize that he's a bum and therefore should keep his mouth shut

palehozenychicty
04-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Bobby Howry needs to realize that he's a bum and therefore should keep his mouth shut

deep down, the gascan wants to be on our team, which is why he's been hating so much. but he can't throw, so we don't want him.

DrCrawdad
04-13-2006, 04:18 PM
I had the day off today. Got to see a White Sox winner and the Cubs getting smoked.

Howry, now shut your mouth!

HotelWhiteSox
04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Was watching the Sox, but was in a Yahoo! Baseball chat and everyone in there was laughing their ass off about Zambrano comitting a balk when Eric Milton was the runner he was holding at first. Then Milton tripled off Zambrano and scored after a pick off throw went into the seats.

What will Michael Barrett blame the loss on today? The planetary alignment?

No teal needed. He is Mr. Its Not My Fault/Sour Grapes.

Ha, I heard a radio clip of him a couple days ago, and he almost sounded in tears, crying about the wind, how it wasn't fair, and poor Glendon Rusch. This just in, he just sucks, the wind works both ways.

SOXPHILE
04-13-2006, 04:47 PM
He BALKED !?? Then gave up a triple !!?? Ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! Did anybody see if he blew a gasket after that ? I wonder if he took his hat off and pointed to the sky when the inning was over ?

JohnBasedowYoda
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
He BALKED !?? Then gave up a triple !!?? Ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! Did anybody see if he blew a gasket after that ? I wonder if he took his hat off and pointed to the sky when the inning was over ?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050605/050605_zambrano_vmed_5p.widec.jpg
"that's my country pal"

:puking:

ws05champs
04-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Gas Can? I used to always call him Home Run Howry. I guess either fits. Good for him and good for the wonderful Cubs Bullpen.

santo=dorf
04-13-2006, 06:42 PM
_____4.86
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050605/050605_zambrano_vmed_5p.widec.jpg
Chicago, IL- (AP) Overrated Chicago Cubs starter Carlos Zambrano points to his sky high ERA. This will not stop the Tribune propoganda company and brain dead Cub fans from trying to convince the baseball world that Zambrano will win the NL Cy Young in 2006.

beckett21
04-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Gas Can? I used to always call him Home Run Howry. I guess either fits. Good for him and good for the wonderful Cubs Bullpen.

:walk = :gascan

Accept no substitutes. :redneck

GoSox2K3
04-14-2006, 07:56 AM
_____4.86
Chicago, IL- (AP) Overrated Chicago Cubs starter Carlos Zambrano points to his sky high ERA. This will not stop the Tribune propoganda company and brain dead Cub fans from trying to convince the baseball world that Zambrano will win the NL Cy Young in 2006.

LMAO! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Foulke You
04-14-2006, 04:35 PM
:walk = :gascan

Accept no substitutes. :redneck

Ah, who could forget the gas can tag? Bob Howry (post shoulder surgery) earned that tag quite well taking the "gas can title" away from then Sox reliever Bill Simas.:cool:

delben91
04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Ah, who could forget the gas can tag? Bob Howry (post shoulder surgery) earned that tag quite well taking the "gas can title" away from then Sox reliever Bill Simas.:cool:

Man, I remember "way back when" Bill Simas was one of the Sox more reliable relievers. Boy does that make me appreciate the current squad all the more.

cleanwsox
04-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Gotta love the Gas Can. Does it again today!

:supernana:

cleanwsox
04-26-2006, 04:06 PM
- B. Howry relieved S. Williamson
- J. Mabry in right field
- W. Helms hit for M. Treanor
- W. Helms doubled to right, D. Uggla and E. Reed scored, C. Aguila to third
- M. Olivo hit for R. Nolasco
- M. Olivo hit sacrifice fly to center, C. Aguila scored, W. Helms to third

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Gotta love the Gas Can. Does it again today!

:supernana:It was Williamson who walked the bases loaded, though, with a balk and a wild pitch thrown in for good measure. Quite a competition they have going.

DumpJerry
04-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Two thoughts:
1. Shhhhhhhhhh.............the game is not over yet.
2. Who are the Cubs?

Dan Mega
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Two thoughts:
1. Shhhhhhhhhh.............the game is not over yet.
2. Who are the Cubs?

1.Now it is:D:
2.Beats me

hawkjt
04-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Way to go, Miguel.

last nite on the game call, hawk was telling his best arms behind the plate;

Bench
pudge rodriguez
the kid we traded to the M's

I know miguels name must have escaped him at that moment.

HotelWhiteSox
04-26-2006, 06:14 PM
LMAO, anyone see the guy with the "Wrigley Field Friendly Confines" shirt with the 2003 World Series logo on it? Another honorable mention was following a strikeout in the 9th, the man on the cellphone behind the plate who jumped in excitement because he was on TV

Some might empty seats toward the end of 8th...

Soxfanspcu11
04-26-2006, 06:44 PM
It was Williamson who walked the bases loaded, though, with a balk and a wild pitch thrown in for good measure. Quite a competition they have going.

Yeah, to be fair, I don't think gascan gave up an ER. If he did, it was only 1. He came in for a very ****ty situation.

However, he DID give up that loopy hit to right, so whatever. Dude still sucks hard.

Brian26
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM

I just read in the paper this morning that this clown broke his bat over his knee (ala Bo Jackson) the other day when he struck out. Unbelievable.

cheeses_h_rice
05-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Former Sox pitcher Bob Howry just gave up the winning HR to some scrub on the Padres, on their way to yet another loss, 2-1.

Below .500 for the Northsiders. Ouch.

havelj
05-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Padres 10th
Bob Howry pitching:
Rob Bowen:Strike looking, Ball, Bowen homered to right

MUsoxfan
05-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Huh....I forgot that game was on. Oh well

Mr. White Sox
05-07-2006, 12:29 AM
That's what happens when you lose your entire offense in the form of one player to an injury.
*PSST 2004 WHITE SOX PSST*
(except that was two players, but it's the same idea)

Once Aramis Ramirez starts hitting .300 again (he will) they'll be a contender again, but I really don't care.

Tragg
05-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Billy Bob wasn't bad. I'll always have a soft spot for him because in 1998 I took a trip to Houston for a 3 game set, and after getting absolutely shellacked in the first 2 games, Simas earned the save in a 1 run game 3 win...made the trip okay.

cheeses_h_rice
05-07-2006, 12:31 AM
I've watched maybe 5-10 innings of Flubs baseball all year, so I had to laugh when I saw that Juan Pierre only had 2 RBIs and an OBP in the .290s.

Wasn't that guy supposed to be the sparkplug that ignited their offense? The straw that stirred the drink?

*Ouch*.

:cool:

Tragg
05-07-2006, 12:37 AM
That's what happens when you lose your entire offense in the form of one player to an injury.
*PSST 2004 WHITE SOX PSST*
(except that was two players, but it's the same idea)

Once Aramis Ramirez starts hitting .300 again (he will) they'll be a contender again, but I really don't care. There's no way that team contends without Prior and even Wood in top form (in addition to Lee and Ramirez)....and even then, I think that division is too good for them.

Mr. White Sox
05-07-2006, 12:45 AM
There's no way that team contends without Prior and even Wood in top form (in addition to Lee and Ramirez)....and even then, I think that division is too good for them.

I should've rephrased my statement. They're not a playoff team due to their division, but they're talented enough with Lee and Ramirez to, say, win the NL East or something like that.

DMarte708
05-07-2006, 12:49 AM
It's easy to figure out the Tribune headlines for this game:

Rookie Sensation Marshall with No-Hitther Through Six Innings*
Ramirez Ignites Offense

*Late game, score not included.

DickAllen72
05-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Former Sox pitcher Bob Howry just gave up the winning HR to some scrub on the Padres, on their way to yet another loss, 2-1.

Below .500 for the Northsiders. Ouch.

heheheh...

DrCrawdad
05-07-2006, 01:09 AM
It's easy to figure out the Tribune headlines for this game:

Rookie Sensation Marshall with No-Hitther Through Six Innings*
Ramirez Ignites Offense

*Late game, score not included.

I heard Brenly and Cartoon Character mention that the Padres hit EXTREMELY BAD at home, something like .209. Bet that won't be mentioned in the Cubune.

TDog
05-07-2006, 04:05 AM
I should've rephrased my statement. They're not a playoff team due to their division, but they're talented enough with Lee and Ramirez to, say, win the NL East or something like that.

The Braves, who have been finishing first in the NL East since the president's father was president, may not be talented enough to win the NL East this year.

slavko
05-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Billy Bob wasn't bad. I'll always have a soft spot for him because in 1998 I took a trip to Houston for a 3 game set, and after getting absolutely shellacked in the first 2 games, Simas earned the save in a 1 run game 3 win...made the trip okay.

Simas's Sox career revolves around one performance. Coming in to face the Indians with the bases loaded and no outs and striking out their 3-4-5 hitters, one of whom now works for us.