PDA

View Full Version : Off to boo Barry Bonds at ATT Park

Fenway
04-13-2006, 02:14 PM
It has stopped raining in San Francisco :D: so I am off to see the park formerly known as Pac Bell ( and SBC ) to see the Giants and Astros ( I will post cell phone pics later )

San Francisco may be the most tolerent people on earth but this Bostonian will give Barry the full Fenway salute :tongue:

Looking forward to seeing the park in any event

Thome's Homey
04-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Give him hell!

Fenway
04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Give him hell!

trust me I will :cool:

SOXintheBURGH
04-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Make sure Oswalt throws a no-no.

HomeFish
04-13-2006, 03:24 PM
A noble quest. Godspeed.

If Barry has to pass Hank, I hope he does it on the road. Future generations will look at the videos of the two records being broken. They'll see Hank cheered, they'll see the fans running onto the field, etc. Then they'll see 40,000 boos as Barry trots around the bases. And they'll know the comparative merits of the two men involved.

CanBuehrleWait
04-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Make sure Oswalt throws a no-no.

I second this notion:D:

StockdaleForVeep
04-13-2006, 05:08 PM
innocent till proven guilty is all i will say

SoxFanPrope
04-13-2006, 05:32 PM
innocent till proven guilty is all i will say

So, you obviously do not know how to read and/or do not believe grand jury testimony in which you are under oath?

StockdaleForVeep
04-13-2006, 05:39 PM
So, you obviously do not know how to read and/or do not believe grand jury testimony in which you are under oath?
Do you base his perjury on books written by other people for money?

SoxFanPrope
04-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Do you base his perjury on books written by people for money?

What other purpose is there to write books other than to earn money?

What perjury? Are you saying he lied under oath when he admitted taking the cream and the clear??

StockdaleForVeep
04-13-2006, 05:46 PM
What other purpose is there to write books other than to earn money?

What perjury? Are you saying he lied under oath when he admitted taking the cream and the clear??

To advance scholarly thought and advance the knowledge of people
Hell i could write a book saying this and that and maybe make a buck, or i can be doin what im doin for my 491 class and writin something with meaning that will be added to the historical record

SoxFanPrope
04-13-2006, 05:50 PM
To advance scholarly thought and advance the knowledge of people
Hell i could write a book saying this and that and maybe make a buck, or i can be doin what im doin for my 491 class and writin something with meaning that will be added to the historical record

So you mean to tell me that these two writers pouring over 20,000 pages of documents are writing, 'this and that?'

BTW, what are your writing for the 491 class? I was always proud of my senior seminar paper on US/Soviet policies in Iran after WW2. Wanted to go more deeper into it and try to get it published, never did though.

StockdaleForVeep
04-13-2006, 05:55 PM
So you mean to tell me that these two writers pouring over 20,000 pages of documents are writing, 'this and that?'

BTW, what are your writing for the 491 class? I was always proud of my senior seminar paper on US/Soviet policies in Iran after WW2. Wanted to go more deeper into it and try to get it published, never did though.

The evolution of music, in particular heavy metal and how the 1st generation of musicians differed from the second generation.

So then you can use Jose Canseco's book as the truth and historical fact since its his words and he "Was there?" How long were these guys pouring over these pages, the balco\bonds issue is at most 2 years old i wanna say when it became a "controversey"
Unless they have been researching this content since the mid 90s to now, theres no way they can produce analytical research off 1-2 years of research, content like this requires time to prove a point.
Hey im drinkin soda right now, i dont know whats in it, maybe theres a steroid in it, who knows, but im gonna drink it anyhow

SoxFanPrope
04-13-2006, 06:03 PM
The evolution of music, in particular heavy metal and how the 1st generation of musicians differed from the second generation.
Interesting, I'd like a read if you do not mind.

So then you can use Jose Canseco's book as the truth and historical fact since its his words and he "Was there?" How long were these guys pouring over these pages, the balco\bonds issue is at most 2 years old i wanna say when it became a "controversey"
IIRC, did Canseco not say that he actually inject Palmeiro? How'd that turn out for Raphie? Two things really strike me, that seem to be passing over your head.
1. Bonds admitted, under oath that he took the cream and the clear.
2. These two have written Bonds took more than just that. Bonds was not going to sue them over that issue. He was going to sue over the fact that these documents were leaked. Had he sued under their claim, he would have had to take the stand again, under oath again, and he did not want to do that.

Unless they have been researching this content since the mid 90s to now, theres no way they can produce analytical research off 1-2 years of research, content like this requires time to prove a point.
How long have you been doing your research? Since the first generation of music started? Because if not, I can hardly see how you can produce analytical research off 1-2 years of research. That seems like content that requires time to prove a point.

Hey im drinkin soda right now, i dont know whats in it, maybe theres a steroid in it, who knows, but im gonna drink it anyhow

So ignorance of the law is an acceptable excuse for breaking it? My how times have changed.

SoLongFrank
04-13-2006, 06:47 PM
You have only two choices to believe as to whether Barry was a roider or not. 1) Believe he is dumber than a box of rocks, 2) He knew what was going on.

If you choose 1) then you have to understand that option defies all the evidence to date. This includes sworn testimony by Anderson & people who had conversations with him as well as his trips he took at the bequest of Barry Bonds. This includes flying from SF to Minn soley to help Sheffield out of a slump. He did by the way.

Barry himself testified to using the clear & cream but like Sheffield he claimed he didn't know any better. It's the old "I'm just a dumb ballplayer so forgive me of all my transgressions" act. It might play well with Sheffield but it doesn't fly with Barry Bonds.

Even before the roids Barry has never been a sympathetic character because he has an air of arrogance that makes you think "what a blowhard". Kind of the way real baseball fans & of course White Sox fans look at the Cubs. So the "dumb ballplayer" act doesn't work when it's applied to "I'm the greatest" type players.

When you boo Bonds today be sure to include McGuire, LaRussa, the Cards, Selig, Fehr, Sosa, & the Cubs. Because all of them are more guilty than Bonds. They allowed Sosa to produce 3 60+ HR seasons in his roid years. That's a mark likely to stand the test of time if the game is made legit from here on.

StockdaleForVeep
04-13-2006, 08:30 PM
How long have you been doing your research? Since the first generation of music started? Because if not, I can hardly see how you can produce analytical research off 1-2 years of research. That seems like content that requires time to prove a point.

The class is being considered to be expanded into a full year but being in a school year, u are forced to do what you can, it is a 25 page limit and you can only do what research you can in the time allowed. Had i had more time i coulda researched more\gotten more materials. Now i have not read this book but apparently it quotes bonds on occasions? I ask where do these quotes come from. Yes i am quoting material but i am directly quoting what i get from interviews from primary sources. Also my sources ranged from 1976-1990

SoxFanPrope
04-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Barry himself testified to using the clear & cream but like Sheffield he claimed he didn't know any better. It's the old "I'm just a dumb ballplayer so forgive me of all my transgressions" act. It might play well with Sheffield but it doesn't fly with Barry Bonds.

Completely agree. I don't buy that a world-class athlete does not know what he is putting on or in his body. If you are caring so much about your body that you are lifting weights constantly, then you know what you are coming into contact with.

IIRC, last September SI featured Thomas Jones in one of those pop culture-ask the athlete type deal. Thomas Jones was able to state that it had been over two years since he had last ate Chinese food. I can only imagine that is similar to most professional athletes, they know what they are eating and what they are putting in their bodies.

JoeClutch24
04-14-2006, 11:59 AM
He's spending life in prison for perjury.

SoLongFrank
04-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Not life in prison but at least a few months. The last celeb I know of who committed perjury was Martha Stewart. I think she served less than a year.

I don't think they'll get him though. I keep thinking Rodney King & OJ when it comes to trying high profile blacks in CA. The public is against the prosecution from the get go & racism is always a card the defense has in their deck.

More importantly I don't think Selig can sweep away roid-rage with Barry. Already reporters are writing about the power-surge in 2006 & how it's on a 2001 pace.

Hokiesox
04-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Not life in prison but at least a few months. The last celeb I know of who committed perjury was Martha Stewart. I think she served less than a year.

I don't think they'll get him though. I keep thinking Rodney King & OJ when it comes to trying high profile blacks in CA. The public is against the prosecution from the get go & racism is always a card the defense has in their deck.

More importantly I don't think Selig can sweep away roid-rage with Barry. Already reporters are writing about the power-surge in 2006 & how it's on a 2001 pace.

Those were all state trials in CA. Barry is in Federal jeopardy here. Entirely different ballgame.