Magilla Gorilla can't get a job.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/stories/2002-01-22-canseco.htm

Kilroy
01-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by daver
Magilla Gorilla can't get a job.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/stories/2002-01-22-canseco.htm

The caption under the picture of Jose reads:

Jose Canseco readies for batting practice before an Atlantic League game last season.

Clearly in the picture, Canseco is in Comiskey Park. Who dey crappin?

MattSharp
01-22-2002, 01:19 PM
I think Jose was the worst Sox pickup since Jamie Navarro. One game I was he TWICE grounded into a n inning ending double play with two guys on base. What a cheesedick!

OfficerKarkovice
01-22-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I think Jose was the worst Sox pickup since Jamie Navarro. One game I was he TWICE grounded into a n inning ending double play with two guys on base. What a cheesedick!

Ah he wasn't that bad...I think he did a lot better than anyone here probably would have expected from him. Plus he gave us this cool tag.

:canseco

FarmerAndy
01-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Jamie Navarro? How can you make that comparison? Jose added a presence to the lineup that was missing after Frank was injured. And if I recall, the Sox record improved after Jose joined the team. The improved record wasn't all due to Jose, but the presence has an effect on the whole lineup.

I hope your whole opinion wasn't based on what you saw him do in one game.

Anyway, who cares. Frank's back. (I hope.)

RichH55
01-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

Jamie Navarro? How can you make that comparison? Jose added a presence to the lineup that was missing after Frank was injured. And if I recall, the Sox record improved after Jose joined the team. The improved record wasn't all due to Jose, but the presence has an effect on the whole lineup.

I hope your whole opinion wasn't based on what you saw him do in one game.

Anyway, who cares. Frank's back. (I hope.)

There was nothing wrong with the Jose aquistion....the Two bad memories of one poster notwithstanding

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 08:25 PM
We could have done a lot worse than acquire Jose Canseco (for the major league minimum salary, no less!) to replace Frank Thomas's bat.

Ron Coomer, as an example.

:lynch&mcfail
"Oh, you knew he would get the shot in on us sooner or later!"

Daver
01-22-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
We could have done a lot worse than acquire Jose Canseco (for the major league minimum salary, no less!) to replace Frank Thomas's bat.

Ron Coomer, as an example.

Well I was having a fairly nice evening till reading that,thanx PHG for making me ill.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Well I was having a fairly nice evening till reading that,thanx PHG for making me ill.

Unlike that giant elk in your signature, Cub bashing never goes out of season at White Sox Interactive!

:smile:

Daver
01-22-2002, 09:28 PM

Unlike that giant elk in your signature, Cub bashing never goes out of season at White Sox Interactive!

That isn't that big an elk,I have harvested larger ones.It is a member of the Moose species.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 09:36 PM
That isn't that big an elk,I have harvested larger ones.It is a member of the Moose species.

I stand corrected. It's bigger than anything I've ever hit with my car.

:D:

Daver
01-22-2002, 09:47 PM

I stand corrected. It's bigger than anything I've ever hit with my car.

I took a moose once that wouldn't even flinch if you hit it with a car,damn thing weighed almost 3000 lbs. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 09:53 PM
I took a moose once that wouldn't even flinch if you hit it with a car,damn thing weighed almost 3000 lbs. :D:

That's a lot of sausage links, daver.