PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment 9,895

Hangar18
04-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Waiting for a drink, and we overhear a group of Chads & Trixies, talking about when Wood & Prior return, how the division will belong to their team,
and who should start in the playoffs. Chad1 said Prior should go game #1 and Zambrano#2, while Chad2 said it should be Maddux then Prior. Chad2 said that hes on pace to win 20 games, and that he will probably win the Cy Young and you have to have your "ace" go in game1. At this point, id had enough and was about to jump into the conversation, when Trixie interrupted them all and said ......"What about Michael Barret?"

My friend and I started laughing at them ........... she cringed her face and I asked her if she thought they were going to the World Series, she said YES. Why do you think that I asked.
"because the cubs are amazing"

Hangar18
04-13-2006, 08:27 AM
my friend looks at me and says "man your right about them"
and we look back at Trixie, who seems a little annoyed at us, sees that im wearing a SOX shirt, and in her drunken stupor .........starts chanting to me
"Myyyyyy Kulllllllllllllll BA rettttt Myyyyyyyyyyyyy kulllllllllllllllll Barr rettttttttttt"

Uncle_Patrick
04-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Yesterday, I saw a guy in a Cubs hat and a blue shirt. On the front of the shirt it said "Any Team Can Have A Bad Century". On the back is said "World Champions 1908". A Cubs fan I was with thought that was a cool shirt. I just had to laugh.

Madvora
04-13-2006, 08:38 AM
when Trixie interrupted them all and said ......"What about Michael Barret?"
This is a perfect example right here. The guy hits a grand slam and all of a sudden Cubs fans learn his name. A grand slam is one of the few things that momentarily will make the Cub "fans" pay attention.

SOXPHILE
04-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Just wait until Michael Barrett goes 3 or 4 games in a row without a hit, or gets mad at the Cub announcers/opponents announcers and spouts off about it in the media. Hey, when do the Astros play the Cubs ? Will he see Roy Oswalt and start yelling at him and jumping up and down, and just basically acting like the walking rectum that he is ?

Jerko
04-13-2006, 09:24 AM
This is a perfect example right here. The guy hits a grand slam and all of a sudden Cubs fans learn his name. A grand slam is one of the few things that momentarily will make the Cub "fans" pay attention.

I took it to mean that she thought Michael Barrett should start a WS game, IE, she's so stupid she thinks he's a pitcher.

jenn2080
04-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I dont have many of these encounters because I do not care enough really, but yesterday I was at a bar and one of the waiters was in there hanging out. I was talking to him and he was like ya I was at a Cubs game today. My friend laughed knowing that I dont like the Cubs. The guys asked if I was a fan and I said absolutely not I am a Sox fan. He proceeds to tell me that he is a huge Cubs fan. I said Oh ya. Thats cool. What was the score? Ummm....i dont know i just know they win. I said well who did they play then? Uh I dont know some team wearing read. I just laughed at him and I was like man you really do the Cubs huh? HE had nothing to say. He didnt even know who pitched yesterday. THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!

SOecks
04-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I took it to mean that she thought Michael Barrett should start a WS game, IE, she's so stupid she thinks he's a pitcher.

Even if she didn't it still shows how big of an asshat she is if she thinks Barrett will be ANY sort of force throughout the regular season. Lets see him figure out how to manage a pitching staff before calling him the second coming there Trixie. Hangar, was she drinking a Seabreeze? A White Zin?

Hangar18
04-13-2006, 10:36 AM
my co-worker was with me, and hes actually a Dodger fan, but has become a SOX sympathizer since knowing me. Hes always heard my stupid cub fan moments and is telling my boss and co-workers about the incident, and is saying he cant believe just how dumb these fans really are, and is laughing his butt off. That girl is unfortuneately in my head now .......flubby tshirt (the one with the fluffy bear logo) her eyes in a Drunken Glaze ..........her face cringing because im a SOX fan ........... and out of nowhere, she starts
chanting MICHAEL BARRETT. eeeeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(:

Layla
04-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I think you should give Trixie some credit for knowing one player.:D:

But I took it the same way as someone else said - she wanted to know when they would start Michael Barrett in the rotation.

Silly me, I thought he was a catcher.:rolleyes:

soxjim
04-15-2006, 09:42 PM
On our way home on the red line,a lady in a cubs shirt told some SOX fans that they were talking to loud. The fans said nothing negative about the cubs. Instead all the SOX fans on the train began to talk about what they were doing when the SOX won the World Series.

rocky biddle
04-16-2006, 07:28 AM
I was on the train on Thursday morning and three dudes in cub tank tops and flip flops were going to the game. More specifically the bleachers, as the one guy made really obvious as he called everyone he knew and said, "Dude, guess where I'm going...THE BLEACHERS!!!"

So we're almost downtown and 2/3 of the clowns are talking baseball. They were talking about all the homers that have been hit to start off the season. All of a sudden clown #3 jumps in and says, "What about my man Matt Murdoch?" The two look at him puzzled and he says again, "Matt Murdoch, he's my favorite player." After a few seconds of stunned silence clown #1 corrects him and the three fools say no more the rest of the ride.

Maybe it's just me, but if I was gonna pretend to have a favorite player I'd at least try to know his name.

soxjim
04-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Maybe it's just me, but if I was gonna pretend to have a favorite player I'd at least try to know his name.

I see your point. Last year, 2 cub fans were on the blue line at Cumberland. They were heading to a game to see their favorite player Sammy Sosa and see the cubs. The situation is Sammy no longer played with the cubs and the cubs were not even home.

DumpJerry
04-16-2006, 10:43 AM
My co-worker was with me, and he's actually a Dodger fan, but has become a SOX sympathizer since knowing me.
He had a choice?:wink:

SOXSINCE'70
04-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Matt Murdoch

That's right up there with Craig Maddox,Brandon Rusch
and,of course,Carrie Woods.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bigfoot
04-16-2006, 12:36 PM
...... Trixie,......stupor .........starts chanting ........
"Myyyyyy Kulllllllllllllll Bare Ittttt Myyyyyyyyyyyyy kulllllllllllllllll Bare Ittttttttttt"

Hangar, you need to be a little more selective of the times that you hang at the bar that advertises a male stripper show. :gulp:

samram
04-16-2006, 01:01 PM
The situation is Sammy no longer played with the cubs and the cubs were not even home.

Well, we've all suspected that Cubs fans would fill Wrigley Field even if there was no game being played- that just seems to confirm it. I hope those ass clowns just ended up sitting outside the Urinal waiting for the gates to open.