PDA

View Full Version : Called Back Homer?

alohafri
04-13-2006, 09:13 AM
I was in a meeting yesterday, monitoring the game on Yahoo. In the 4th inning, Yahoo said, "Home run, Granderson." Then the score remained 1-0. Anyone know what happened?

anewman35
04-13-2006, 09:17 AM
I was in a meeting yesterday, monitoring the game on Yahoo. In the 4th inning, Yahoo said, "Home run, Granderson." Then the score remained 1-0. Anyone know what happened?

Nothing. Yahoo (and I think gameday) was just wrong.

Uncle_Patrick
04-13-2006, 09:18 AM

The same thing appeared on MLB Gamecast. Someone just messed up. I was also listening to the game on Gameday audio and there was no controversy of any kind. There was no home run call that was reversed, no question about the play.

itsnotrequired
04-13-2006, 09:47 AM
The same thing appeared on MLB Gamecast. Someone just messed up. I was also listening to the game on Gameday audio and there was no controversy of any kind. There was no home run call that was reversed, no question about the play.

Speaking of the MLB Gamecast, has anyone noticed that all the pitch-by-pitch information isn't in the boxscore? Half the info is missing! I had to go tp espn.com to get the pitch-by-pitch.

daveeym
04-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure MLB has now consolidated and licensed the "gameday" updates. Yahoo and espn are run on the same data as, presumably, the MLB updates. I think espn's gamecast actually is directly linked to everything MLB. So the information going to all of them are the same.

itsnotrequired
04-13-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure MLB has now consolidated and licensed the "gameday" updates. Yahoo and espn are run on the same data as, presumably, the MLB updates. I think espn's gamecast actually is directly linked to everything MLB. So the information going to all of them are the same.

That's my understanding as well. What makes it screwy is that the information is missing from the mlb site but available at the others.

:dunno:

NUCatsFan
04-13-2006, 12:43 PM
And on the espn gameday stuff, I saw a half-inning with only 2 outs. Oh well.

DumpJerry
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
The post game scoring summary was messed up. It showed the Sox up 1-0 after Thome's homer (correct).

Then it showed the Sox up 1-0 after Granderson's homer (not correct).

Then it showed the Tigers scoring all three of their runs in the 9th to make the final score correct.

Sigh. High tech....

itsnotrequired
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
And on the espn gameday stuff, I saw a half-inning with only 2 outs. Oh well.

True, there was also some info missing from there. MLB was missing a lot more though.

I wonder if it was just the Sox-Tiger games or if this was happening for other games...

NUCatsFan
04-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, in the ESPN app, It showed the final score of the OAK-MIN game as 2-0 OAK. Having already seen ESPN's front page, I knew that was wrong, so I clicked on the game, and then it came up with the right score.

Guess it really is beta software.