PDA

View Full Version : Article on Bonds and the Babe

Deuce
04-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Good article. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=dw-baberuth041206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) The mods may want to consider preemptively locking this thread though, to prevent idiocy.

Deuce

PaulDrake
04-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes this certainly does have the potential to go straight to the Roadhouse or worse. Barry Bonds shouldn't hide behind any excuse. He is what he is.

Tekijawa
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
A ****ing MEN!

I don't like Barry Bonds because He's Barry Bonds

I don't like Curt Schilling because He's Curt Schilling

I didn't like John Rocker becase he was John Rocker

None of them every gave me a reason to like them or root for them, there are more players in every sport that I'd root against regardless of race and Many Good players and on top of it most importantly GOOD PEOPLE that I root for because they are Good players and good people. I'd root for Pujols, Griffey, and Aaron Rowand to break any records before I'd Root for Bonds, A ROD, or Robert Fick... Not because of their color but because of their Ugliness towards anyone but themselves!

SOXPHILE
04-13-2006, 11:09 AM
A ****ing MEN!

I don't like Barry Bonds because He's Barry Bonds

I don't like Curt Schilling because He's Curt Schilling

I didn't like John Rocker becase he was John Rocker

None of them every gave me a reason to like them or root for them, there are more players in every sport that I'd root against regardless of race and Many Good players and on top of it most importantly GOOD PEOPLE that I root for because they are Good players and good people. I'd root for Pujols, Griffey, and Aaron Rowand to break any records before I'd Root for Bonds, A ROD, or Robert Fick... Not because of their color but because of their Ugliness towards anyone but themselves!

Ummm...yeah. What he said.:thumbsup:

SoxFanPrope
04-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Ummm...yeah. What he said.:thumbsup:

Ditto on that comment.....

Everytime I read an article that supports Bonds, or people just do not care about this, or anytime race is injected I always cringe because I have to wonder what Hank Aaron says about all of this.

I probably just can not recall anything he has publicly said about this, but I have to imagine given the time, and the city he was playing in that Hank Aaron probably went through more than Bonds ever will. And really, since the Babe's record was already broken, incidentally by a black man, what makes Barry Bonds passing the record any more special? Are we honestly celebrating the man who came in second?

Tekijawa
04-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Ditto on that comment.....

Everytime I read an article that supports Bonds, or people just do not care about this, or anytime race is injected I always cringe because I have to wonder what Hank Aaron says about all of this.

I probably just can not recall anything he has publicly said about this, but I have to imagine given the time, and the city he was playing in that Hank Aaron probably went through more than Bonds ever will. And really, since the Babe's record was already broken, incidentally by a black man, what makes Barry Bonds passing the record any more special? Are we honestly celebrating the man who came in second?

I agree, If I were Aaron or Jackie Robinson, or any other Athlete that Broke down a barrier and had to put up with at least 1000 times what Bonds has/is going through I would be upset. Sure there may be one or two, maybe more, idiots yelling racial slurs or sending racially motivated mail/emails/smoke signals each day, but that's nothing like what the Robinson's and early players had to go through... Entire Stadiums and Cities doing it. I feel bad that this stuff (I wanted to use a bad word here) still goes on and I, myself, would never tolerate it if I saw it, but is the stuff that is happening to Barry worth writing articles about?

Thome's Homey
04-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Good article. I don't hate Bonds because he's black. I hate him because he's a cheater, and he's a real bastard.