PDA

View Full Version : Rain Outs?

SkeetSkeetAmit
04-12-2006, 10:48 PM
So I am going to purchase tickets to the game on saturday, but rain is forecasted for that day. Since I've never been to a game that rained out before, in the event that it happens, can I get a refund? Or do I get a voucher to the rescheduled game? I go to school at the University of Iowa, so I might miss the game. Just wondering. Thanks guys.

MUsoxfan
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
You can get tickets at that price range or cheaper to a future game. At least that's been my experience with the Sox.

chisoxfanatic
04-13-2006, 12:38 AM
You can get tickets at that price range or cheaper to a future game. At least that's been my experience with the Sox.

This is true. Just remember to KEEP THE TICKET and present it to the attendant at the box office. You must exchange the rain out ticket for your "make-up" ticket at the box office.

Iowa85
04-13-2006, 01:24 AM
So I am going to purchase tickets to the game on saturday, but rain is forecasted for that day. Since I've never been to a game that rained out before, in the event that it happens, can I get a refund? Or do I get a voucher to the rescheduled game? I go to school at the University of Iowa, so I might miss the game. Just wondering. Thanks guys.

Hey man i'm at Iowa too, and i'm hittin up the Sox game on Sat....i had the same worries because of the forecast but like the other guys said we should be alright regardless.

Steelrod
04-13-2006, 02:49 AM
Relax, the sun always shines at US Cellular!

IlliniSox4Life
04-13-2006, 03:03 AM
Basically, your ticket becomes a gift certificate worth the printed value of the tickets, redeemable for tickets. So it's an even exchange if the new ticket costs the same.

I ran into a problem a few years ago when I had some buy one get one free coupons. I used them on a day, and they gave us tickets with half the price printed, and took the coupons. The coupons were good for any day all season long. It rained out, so I tried to exchange the tickets about a week later for new tickets. However, since I didn't have the coupons (they took them originally) they only would give us the value on the ticket toward the new ones. I was quite upset because it seemed to amount to them promising me buy one get one free tickets and then having to end up paying full price. It's not like they were tickets for a half price monday or tuesday that got rained out, the coupons they gave me would have still been valid on the day I was trying to exchange for. Basically, I bitched a lot until the teller called over his supervisor, who I bitched to, and after about 10 minutes with lines getting longer, he finally just said fine and gave me the tickets for a straight up exchange.

likeawarlord
04-13-2006, 10:09 AM

perhaps i'm coming, too.

WinOrDyeTrying
04-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Relax, the sun always shines at US Cellular!

But that doesnt keep the dark clouds away from WSI