PDA

View Full Version : What Was The Great Music?

SoxStar
04-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of the song that was played on Opening Night
during the pregame ceremony? Or maybe you can direct me to someone who could answer the question. I am working on a project related to sports in which that music would be perfect. Thanks.

Thome's Homey
04-12-2006, 10:45 PM
during the pregame ceremony? Or maybe you can direct me to someone who could answer the question. I am working on a project related to sports in which that music would be perfect. Thanks.

Well, I remember Don't stop believin' being played by Nancy when the players were introduced, but you can't mean that. No one has ever called that great music. :rolleyes:

SoxStar
04-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Not "Don't Stop Believin'". What I meant was the music that was played while they were unveiling the championship banners on Opening night. Those banners were the division title, the league championship and then the World Series championship. The music had a very majestic sound and played throughout that ceremony. Any help on the name or origin of that music would be appreciated. Thanks.

SOXPHILE
04-13-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't know what it is other than a very moving classical music composition. I've heard it used in a number of movies during a climatic build up, like a battle or something. One of the movies I remember it from mostly was Glory, at the end, when they were charging Ft. Wagner.

brucefan34
04-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I asked the same thing last week and here is the answer I got. Downloaded it from iTunes and blast it all the time...my wife loves it!

"It's "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana." Almost sure of it. It's been in a few movies as well, like the Doors, Natural Born Killers, and even "Jackass."

Tony
brucefan34

Thome's Homey
04-13-2006, 12:02 PM
I asked the same thing last week and here is the answer I got. Downloaded it from iTunes and blast it all the time...my wife loves it!

"It's "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana." Almost sure of it. It's been in a few movies as well, like the Doors, Natural Born Killers, and even "Jackass."

Tony
brucefan34

Oh, now I see what he was talking about. Yes, it was O Fortuna from Carmina Burana. The composer was Carl Orff.

MrRoboto83
04-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh, now I see what he was talking about. Yes, it was O Fortuna from Carmina Burana. The composer was Carl Orff.

That is the song they played during the ring ceremony not during the opening night banner ceremony. I am also curious on the opening ceremony song, I have it taped on my Tivo, although Comcast did a crappy job broadcasting it, you can still here the song really well.

Thome's Homey
04-13-2006, 12:42 PM
That is the song they played during the ring ceremony not during the opening night banner ceremony. I am also curious on the opening ceremony song, I have it taped on my Tivo, although Comcast did a crappy job broadcasting it, you can still here the song really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCR33Mc4rY8&search=white%20sox

Just found that, and you sure are right. I had the wrong ceremony. I have no idea what that song is, but it's not one of the choices from Glory as someone suggested earler. A little similar, but quite different. I'm at a loss on this one, and would like to know as much as anyone else. :redface:

MrRoboto83
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I e-mailed my ticket rep to find out the name of the song played during the banner ceremony. It is called "Across The Mountain" from the movie "Alexander". They played the song Saturday night during the fireworks as well for the finale. It was the perfect song for the ceremony I thought.

Theanticub
04-24-2006, 01:17 PM

I liked the ceremony too..also "Thank you" during the trophy ceremony was a good pick.