PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Photos

razorback50
01-22-2002, 07:19 AM
Does anyone have recommendations on where I can get 8x10 photos of current Sox players?

Kilroy
01-22-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by razorback50
Does anyone have recommendations on where I can get 8x10 photos of current Sox players?

I'm guessing this is for Soxfest?? If so, one avenue is at Soxfest. There's always folks selling 8x10s there. Another thing to try, and probably your best bet, is any sports collectibles joint in the area. I'm assuming you're in the Chi-Town area. And one other thing you could try is just go to google.com and search for white sox 8X10. I found a bunch of sites that have stuff just doing that. If you're looking for stuff that's not signed, you'll have to hunt tho.

razorback50
01-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Actually not from Chicago and am wanting them for spring training. Am looking for stores, etc. that could provide them via mail order. Don't want ones already autographed.

Thanks.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by razorback50
Actually not from Chicago and am wanting them for spring training. Am looking for stores, etc. that could provide them via mail order. Don't want ones already autographed.

Thanks.

Go to eBay and do a search under "White Sox". Besides running auctions, the larger sellers have their own websites where even more memorabilia is available for sale. (Most of them are professional dealers who run auctions as a sideline to their card shops and collectible show business). The Chicago-based ones specialize in 8X10's of Chicago sports stars for obvious reasons. Chances are, if the photo exists, they'll have at least one copy to sell you. You can probably find a lot of photos already autographed, too.

Naturally, the vendors at SoxFest will have plenty of photos and other memorabilia matched to the players available to sign them. However, you can expect to pay a premium at the show. It's the old rule of supply and demand.

Good luck.

irish rover
01-22-2002, 11:42 AM
speaking of photos, I got one of sammy doing his gay kissing thing, I'm gona see if Jose V will sign it

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
speaking of photos, I got one of sammy doing his gay kissing thing, I'm gona see if Jose V will sign it

Now that's the kind of autographed memorabilia I want! Great idea!!!

irish rover
01-22-2002, 02:49 PM
not to keep bringing this up but once again I was reading the cub board and thier top 4 threads have nothing to do with baseball, infact they have one talking about who is the "hottest"looking cub

geez reading that board is like listening to Eric and Kathy in the morning

Daver
01-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
not to keep bringing this up but once again I was reading the cub board and thier top 4 threads have nothing to do with baseball, infact they have one talking about who is the "hottest"looking cub

geez reading that board is like listening to Eric and Kathy in the morning

Before FWC came up with the Parking Lot there were some odd topics tossed around on this board during the off-season.

irish rover
01-22-2002, 02:59 PM
sorry I must correct my last post, they have to do with the cubs but not baseball