PDA

View Full Version : Jim Thome Jersey

BLRMKRdave
04-12-2006, 07:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-JIM-THOME-Sewn-Baseball-JERSEY-WHITE-New-LG_W0QQitemZ8795532045QQcategoryZ24891QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Any obvious flaws in this Thome jersey that is up on Ebay? Thanks for the feedback.

Edward
04-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Could be the way the fabric is folding, but the 5 is way lower than the 2 on the back, thats all i noticed.

sox647
04-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah, there's no Thome in it :redneck

ChiSoxIn06
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
if you do choose to purchase it let me know how it is because im interested in buying a thome jersey as well.

buehrle4cy05
04-12-2006, 08:48 PM
You gotta read the fine print. That is not an authentic $199.99 Majestic Authentic jersey, it's a regular Majestic jersey with the nameplate and numbers sewn on, so there may be some discrepancies. Also, the guy's feedback is a little to low for me, but it may just be a few bad apples. I'd be careful.

UofCSoxFan
04-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I bought a similar Buerhle jeresey last year (from a different seller) that was a replica jersey but had authentic lettering (ie the numbers were outlined in silver whereas on most replica jerseys the numbers are just black, no outline). I really am happy I did this instead of buying an authentic jersey since before this year the Sox had no patch on their home jerseys so the only difference between the replica and the authentic was the authentic has a mlb logo on the back of the neck. For me, this wasn't worth the extra 130 bucks.

My advice is if you can find it, get a replica jersey with authentic numbering.

hi im skot
04-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm a big fan of the authentic jerseys.

Last April i went to Grandstand to get a road Ventura jersey made, and was set on simply getting the replica. However, the guy at Grandstand compared the fabric of the replica to that of the authentic, and i was sold. The stitching on the "Chicago" is so much better on the authentic, too.

I say, if you're going to fork over the cash, go all out. And go through Grandstand...good people!

kruzer31
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
As one poster pointed out that is definitley not authentic if that is what you are looking for. For one, it does not have the little mlb patch on the back by the neck on top and two, the WS champion patch is not on that jersey.

Edward
04-12-2006, 09:47 PM
As one poster pointed out that is definitley not authentic if that is what you are looking for. For one, it does not have the little mlb patch on the back by the neck on top and two, the WS champion patch is not on that jersey.

The WS Champion Patch + Hat was only worn during the opening series.

Domeshot17
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
The WS Champion Patch + Hat was only worn during the opening series

kind of a shame I really liked those

billnahorodny
04-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't the numbers on the front also seem a bit high. Maybe I'm just imagining things...but I thought the numbers on the front were a bit lower. Perhaps that's the one of the more subtle differences between the replica and the authentic.

Looking at this picture, it seems they should be a bit lower
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/mlb/2006/0402/photo/a_thome_195.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story%3Fcolumnist%3Dstark_jayson%26id%3D2394798&h=262&w=195&sz=14&tbnid=W2yKgvTwy-rv5M:&tbnh=107&tbnw=79&hl=en&start=35&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522white%2Bsox%2522%26start%3D20%26 svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

OkStateSox
04-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Speaking of jerseys like these, I have that same Majestic replica jersey but without the numbers or name. However, I saw that you can buy number kits:

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-MARK-BUEHRLE-Authentic-KIT-For-WHT-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ8759187113

Has any one tried these? Are they easy to put on yourself, I cant sew but I can probably find someone who can. I'm all for upgrading that jersey for way below the authentic price, but it seems easy to screw up.

hi im skot
04-12-2006, 10:44 PM
The WS Champion Patch + Hat was only worn during the opening series.

i know the hat is just for the opening series, but will the home jerseys continue to have the champions patch?

i'm still disappointed we won't see them one the road and alternate jerseys...

TheOldRoman
04-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Speaking of jerseys like these, I have that same Majestic replica jersey but without the numbers or name. However, I saw that you can buy number kits:

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-MARK-BUEHRLE-Authentic-KIT-For-WHT-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ8759187113

Has any one tried these? Are they easy to put on yourself, I cant sew but I can probably find someone who can. I'm all for upgrading that jersey for way below the authentic price, but it seems easy to screw up.
I haven't bought one of those kits, but I dont recomend it. You need to have it sewn on by a professional. Pros know exactly where to sew the numbers. If they are sewn too high, too low, on an angle, or uneven, it will look like crap. Also, the letter will be VERY hard to do if you arent a professional. Not only do they need to be perfectly spaced, but the arch has to be exact.

OkStateSox
04-12-2006, 11:33 PM
I haven't bought one of those kits, but I dont recomend it. You need to have it sewn on by a professional. Pros know exactly where to sew the numbers. If they are sewn too high, too low, on an angle, or uneven, it will look like crap. Also, the letter will be VERY hard to do if you arent a professional. Not only do they need to be perfectly spaced, but the arch has to be exact.
Yea, I was thinking about that, especially with the arch. I was also thinking of trying to find some sew/screenprint/whatever shop in Tulsa to do it, but I doubt they would have experience with sport related things.

dakuda
04-13-2006, 07:15 AM
I bought a replica jersey, and had the lettering/name/WS patch sewed on by triplethreatsports.com. It was about $110 all said and done, I think. Not a terrible deal, and the lettering looks fantastic.

Jurr
04-13-2006, 07:22 AM
I bought a replica jersey, and had the lettering/name/WS patch sewed on by triplethreatsports.com. It was about $110 all said and done, I think. Not a terrible deal, and the lettering looks fantastic.
Oh...triple threat will do it up perfectly, save the mlb logo on the back. Cheap, too. I have a Guillen,Pods, and Uribe authentic, but I had them do a Buehrle replica. I can't tell the difference, except the logo.

scottjanssens
04-13-2006, 11:03 AM
so the only difference between the replica and the authentic was the authentic has a mlb logo on the back of the neck. For me, this wasn't worth the extra 130 bucks.

The Authentic jerseys are a double knit fabric while the replica are single knit. The difference is twice as much material in the Authentic, hence the higher price.

C-Dawg
04-13-2006, 03:35 PM
The Authentic jerseys are a double knit fabric while the replica are single knit. The difference is twice as much material in the Authentic, hence the higher price.

LOL I bet that means the authentic jerseys are that much hotter on a 95 degree day at the Cell!

By the way its time for my semi-annual appeal to Majestic to reproduce the Bill Veeck-era jerseys with the floppy collars. I can't be the only one here who wants one! Please!?!

scottjanssens
04-13-2006, 03:40 PM
LOL I bet that means the authentic jerseys are that much hotter on a 95 degree day at the Cell!

Not really, they breathe well. The players have to wear them so they're not going to be made of wool. Still, hot days are the reason I don't own a black jersey.

C-Dawg
04-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah hot days are the reason my jersey stays home - I wear it spring and fall only. Maybe I sweat too much.

Hangar18
04-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Its a BOGUS jersey, dont buy it. It says Majestic Authentic, it isnt.
The authentic tag on the front is supposed to be shaped like a Rectangle (not square) and says AUTHENTIC in script. its bogus.
ALso, the no. 25 is Mistakenly sewn way too high. He probably got the jersey as Damaged Goods and is trying to peddle it and make a quick buck on a sucker.
the no. 25 is ALWAYS supposed to be LEVEL with the bottom of the X in SOX.
BOGUS JERSEY