PDA

View Full Version : Going to Detroit to see the Sweep?

BLRMKRdave
04-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Anyone going to the Thursday afternoon game versus the Tigers? Just wondering...

~BLRMKRdave

Huisj
04-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I really wish I could make it to it. I had today off but decided not to go because of the rain threat and because gas is so darn expensive right now. And tomorrow I've got classes in the morning.

BnzCP
04-12-2006, 10:24 PM
I was there today and I'm going back tomorrow:

Section 131, Row 14, seat 3

If anyone else is going and wants to say hello, that's where I'll be.

PM me if anyone wants to.

Mr. Skin
04-12-2006, 11:03 PM
1st row behind home plate (friend's tix) in a 1983 Sox jersey.

MUsoxfan
04-12-2006, 11:04 PM
1st row behind home plate (friend's tix) in a 1983 Sox jersey.

Were you there today?

Mr. Skin
04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
No...i'm in Detroit and was set to watch the game on TV here, but they didn't broadcast in Detroit!!! Had to follow along on my computer...

BnzCP
04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
No...i'm in Detroit and was set to watch the game on TV here, but they didn't broadcast in Detroit!!! Had to follow along on my computer...

And my MLB extra innings was blacked-out :(

I called Comcast to complain because local games should only be blacked-out if it's playing on network TV.

Huisj
04-13-2006, 11:56 AM

I called Comcast to complain because local games should only be blacked-out if it's playing on network TV.

I tried to use that argument last year for MLB.TV, but it didn't work. They said there was nothing they could do and that it was up to the team in the region to decide who gets blacked out, and it doesn't really make a difference if it's televised or not. And it really sucks when the Sox play Detroit and there is no Detroit telecast of the game, because I can't watch the game at all then. If it's not on TV, what exactly is being blacked out?

PaleHosed
04-13-2006, 12:15 PM

I had the same problem with MLB.TV yesterday over here in Grand Rapids but then it suddenly started working during the first inning. :?:

bobj4400
04-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Anyone see today's lineup yet? Just wondering if Ozzie is playing the regulars or going with a Jerry Manuel "We won the first two games, so I will play the scrubs b/c the third game doesnt matter" lineup.

Corlose 15
04-13-2006, 12:31 PM
1. Pods LF
2. Iguchi 2B
3. Thome DH
4. Paulie 1B
5. Dye RF
6. AJ C
7. Crede 3B
8. Cintron SS
9. Anderson CF

per Reifert's blog.

BnzCP
04-13-2006, 08:55 PM
If it's not on TV, what exactly is being blacked out?

Yup, it's not like they are taking business away from the station. Well, today's game didn't tape either. And the Indians game isn't on MLB extra innings either...it's all hockey. Bleh.

Great game...very exciting...just glad we walked away with the win and the sweep.