PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Road Trip

bigsoxfan420
04-12-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm livin' on the air, and have a hankering for some baseball! I'm thinking about going to Cinci for the series in June. Any one else going? Any ever been to the G.A. Ballpark? Where is a good location of a hotel (near nightlife, good food, etc.). Let's hit the road and show some support for the Champs!

sox420fan
04-12-2006, 10:56 AM
I currently reside in Louisville (Thank God only for a few more months :bandance: ). A few friends are coming down and we are going to make the 1.5 hour trek to Cinci. It is a very nice ball park.

kravdog
04-12-2006, 10:59 AM
im in indy. have 10 seats in left field (2nd row) for saturdays game and 5 seats 20 rows behind the sox dugout for sunday...

so, the family and I will be representing the sox well...

White Sox Randy
04-12-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm planning to go to Saturday's game as well.

jenn2080
04-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Im planning on going to the game possibly Sat and Sun.

SoxFan78
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Can anybody reccomend a good hotel that is around good bars/resturants in the area? My buddies and I are going to the Friday and Saturday game.

SoxGirl3
04-12-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm going with a group as well.
I have a few hotel contacts in Cincy and might be able to get a block of rooms at a good rate.
Anyone interested? Let me know how many rooms and nights and I'll see what I can do.

depy48
04-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I'll be there... there's a bar right across the street called "In Between Bar," not bad... other than that I dont know any bars close to the ball park.

skottyj242
04-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I will be going to the games, I am planning on taking Friday off and driving down there in the morning. I absolutely love that ballpark, the food is amazing...nothing beats a Skyline chili-cheese dog and they also serve Budweiser in the plastic bottles. When I was there we stayed at a Best Western across the river that was pretty cheap and decent enough. As far as nightlife we went to a Dave and Buster type place that was pretty cool and not too far from the hotel/ballpark.

Oh yeah, I think Hangar is coming with me.

bigsoxfan420
04-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I have a few hotel contacts in Cincy and might be able to get a block of rooms at a good rate.
Anyone interested? Let me know how many rooms and nights and I'll see what I can do.

Sounds good to me:smile: I would need 1 room, 2 nights (6/16-6/17). Do you know what hotel?

Cat Thief
04-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I will be going to the games, I am planning on taking Friday off and driving down there in the morning. I absolutely love that ballpark, the food is amazing...nothing beats a Skyline chili-cheese dog and they also serve Budweiser in the plastic bottles. When I was there we stayed at a Best Western across the river that was pretty cheap and decent enough. As far as nightlife we went to a Dave and Buster type place that was pretty cool and not too far from the hotel/ballpark.

Anything else besides Budweiser?

C-Dawg
04-12-2006, 12:55 PM

I'll be there too, likely for the Saturday game only however. I might be interested in the hotel package.

Taliesinrk
04-12-2006, 01:06 PM

Yeah.. I just found out yesterday I'm going to the Sunday game with like 9th row seats (after I thought I couldn't go)!!!

anyway, if you want to get in your car, newport on the levy is the way to go (it's right across the river in KY), as it has awesome nightlife and tons of bars. There's Dave and busters, jillians (not on the levy, but about the same distance from the stadium; you take a different highway across the river), and theres even a mall and movie theatres.. whatever ya want - it's got it .

If ppl just wanna walk from the ballpark, theres a town square like 3 or 4 blocks up from the stadium with a rock bottom brewery and restaurant.. its pretty good. i think there are some other bars/restaurants, but i don't know them off the top of my head.

WizardsofOzzie
04-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I'll be there saturday w/ my roommate the Reds fan. Section 105 row E (or 5 im assuming :smile: )

maurice
04-12-2006, 04:08 PM
If you're looking for info on Cincy, do a search. We covered it in detail a few times. Downtown Cincy isn't really party central, though some folks enjoy the KY side of the river.

We're going to try to make the Sunday game, and will stay in either Indy or Louisville (depending on our travel plans).

santo=dorf
04-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I think I'm going to stay at the players' hotel (Westin) for $309 a night. :o:

SoxGirl3
04-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Sounds good to me:smile: I would need 1 room, 2 nights (6/16-6/17). Do you know what hotel?

I can probably get a good rate at the Hyatt or Hilton (they are right across from the Westin and all connected by skywalk). In order to get a decent group rate, I think we'll need to secure at least 10 rooms.

any other takers?

roykeane1
04-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I was in Cincinnatti recently on a business trip.

The downtown area is bland and boring. However Mc Fadden's is a nice "irish" bar in the downtown area... http://www.mcfaddenscincy.com/ As far as the The Levy goes, it's pretty boring.... I would suggest, the Hofbräuhaus http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/ Great place for a huge stein of beer and food.

As far as lodging is concerned, staying across the river in KY may be a better option. :gulp:

Southsider101
04-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Check out the hotels on the KY side in Covington and Newport-the prices should be lower that DT Cincy. Covington has a great old downtown area called Mainstrasse with restored 19th century houses, B&Bs, along with plenty of bars and restaurants. Newport has a huge mall and enteratinment center across the Ohio River from Great American Ballpark. The good thing is all these places are linked by shuttle bus to DT Cincy during the day and night so no need to worry about DUIs.

I was at Great American Ballpark last July and was prepared NOT to like it. However, I thought the sightlines were awesome, along with great views of the Ohio River. If it gets too hot, they even have a Rain Room which they ripped off from the Cell. An unlike the Cell, you can but an UD ticket and walk throughout the entire ballpark.

For good beer, forget the Bud and stick to the local brand, Hudepohl.

For a good DT Ciny bar, try Arnold's on 10th Street. It's one of the oldest tavern in the city, offers great food, and has live music.

Chisox003
04-12-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll be there for the Friday and Saturday games

We're leaving Thursday morning, coming back Sunday

Can't wait!

:gulp::bandance:

jongarlandlover
04-12-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm going to 2 of the games in the series, Friday and Saturday! :D:

SOXandILLINI
04-12-2006, 08:48 PM
let ya know about the rooms asap... thx soxgirl

dividedsk717
04-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I can probably get a good rate at the Hyatt or Hilton (they are right across from the Westin and all connected by skywalk). In order to get a decent group rate, I think we'll need to secure at least 10 rooms.

any other takers?

I might be in ... I'm going to all three games. Need to check with my buddy.

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
04-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Almost completely off topic, but I have to go to the 'nati for a business trip next week. Work is hooking me up with tickets to the Reds and Marlins on Monday at the GABP. It will be my first trip to the new park. I'm working on getting my company to send me back out for the Sox in June.

DumpJerry
04-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I just bought one ticket to the June 16th game and 4 tickets to the June 17th game in Big Red. I know this means I will miss the garage sale and family day on the field, but that's life sometimes.

I could have bought a Scout Seat for the 16th, but it is $215.00 and I would be in a definate minorty at their restaurant....

The best available for 4 tickets at the 17th was 500 level, BTW.

Hope to see fellow black and white pinstripes there!:D:

Scottiehaswheels
04-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I just bought one ticket to the June 16th game and 4 tickets to the June 17th game in Big Red. I know this means I will miss the garage sale and family day on the field, but that's life sometimes.

I could have bought a Scout Seat for the 16th, but it is $215.00 and I would be in a definate minorty at their restaurant....

The best available for 4 tickets at the 17th was 500 level, BTW.

Hope to see fellow black and white pinstripes there!:D:

Actually, the Scout seats are only $70.... I picked up one for each game.... The Diamond club are the $215 seats I believe..... I bought right when they went on sale so I got lucky.... 5 rows back behind homeplate on the aisle for all the games with the singleton and 25 rows behind the Sox dugout with my 3 regulars...

http://www.seatdata.com/html/mlb_reds/section_mlb_reds_22.htm view from my singleton seat :)

DumpJerry
04-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Actually, the Scout seats are only $70.... I picked up one for each game.... The Diamond club are the $215 seats I believe..... I bought right when they went on sale so I got lucky.... 5 rows back behind homeplate on the aisle for all the games with the singleton and 25 rows behind the Sox dugout with my 3 regulars...

http://www.seatdata.com/html/mlb_reds/section_mlb_reds_22.htm view from my singleton seat :)
You're right. Their Diamond Club is our Scout seats. I was using Whitesox-centric language.

I'm in Section 127 which was $36.00. The next section to my left is $60.00. I figured that since I'm on my own for this game, I'll be wandering around and (hopefully) meeting up with other Sox fans, so there was no need to spend $60.

For Saturday's game we (Soxstarter and her two little Sox fans) and I are in Section 532 behind Home Plate. Should be an awsome view!

RadioheadRocks
04-27-2006, 10:55 PM
I'll be there on Sunday the 18th, section 120, row Z, seat 3. :bandance:

SOXandILLINI
05-04-2006, 03:43 PM
need some help..decided to go, any rooms or tix blocked off or available. posted for tix just now on the ticket exchange. wanna wrap up the details asap, don't wanna be scrambling, if i dont have to...lol..any help would be appreciated...thx

dondosae1
05-05-2006, 03:55 PM
will be going to the Friday night game with the wife, her sister, and my best friend. Staying at the Holiday Inn in Covington, KY. Very excited...our first road trip to see the Sox! Section 132, Row OO, Seats 15-18:dtroll:

bayzbol44
05-17-2006, 10:54 PM
will be going to the Friday night game with the wife, her sister, and my best friend. Staying at the Holiday Inn in Covington, KY. Very excited...our first road trip to see the Sox! Section 132, Row OO, Seats 15-18:dtroll:

What price are you paying for the Holiday Inn? Anyone else get prices on hotels?

ohiosoxfan12
05-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Sounds like there is going to be plenty of Sox fans in the stadium. I'm working on figuring out parking, but i was told that we can park in KY and take a cheap train ride to the park. That way people can check out the sights on Cinci. I'll let you guys know.

skottyj242
05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
My buddy's girlfriend just booked our hotel, I think we're staying at the Hilton, it's $180 a night. We're driving down Friday afternoon, not sure if we'll make the game, then going Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

Scottiehaswheels
05-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Stayin in the same place as when I go down everytime..... Millenium Hotel.... bout $115-$130 a night.. close to the stadium

champagne030
05-18-2006, 11:34 AM
My buddy's girlfriend just booked our hotel, I think we're staying at the Hilton, it's $180 a night. We're driving down Friday afternoon, not sure if we'll make the game, then going Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

What??? I booked months ago, but checked yesterday for grins and a 4 star on hotwire with tax and fees included was $87/night.

A little FYI.....Two hours after a Reds game - downtown Cincy blows. There's nothing to do and it's actually a high crime area.

skottyj242
05-18-2006, 11:38 AM
What??? I booked months ago, but checked yesterday for grins and a 4 star on hotwire with tax and fees included was $87/night.

A little FYI.....Two hours after a Reds game - downtown Cincy blows. There's nothing to do and it's actually a high crime area.

We got a suite or something, I don't know, I just roll with the punches and pay whatever i'm told.

bayzbol44
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Stayin in the same place as when I go down everytime..... Millenium Hotel.... bout $115-$130 a night.. close to the stadium

How close? Walking distance.

Scottiehaswheels
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
How close? Walking distance.Yeah... ballpark is 6-7 blocks away... not too bad...

bayzbol44
05-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks! Maybe I will look that one up. Does anyone know if there is a bridge to walk over the expressway?

bayzbol44
05-18-2006, 06:50 PM

I booked the Hilton through Hotwire and got it for $73/night.

winning ugly 72
05-18-2006, 07:33 PM
i am going on a bus trip to cincy for the game we leave friday morning and have tickets to saturdays game we are staying at the downtown hyatt

skobabe8
05-18-2006, 08:26 PM
OK...ONCE AND FOR ALL!! What is the best place to stay? Hyatt? Hilton? Holiday Inn in KY?? Where are these places compared to GABP? What about the Westin? Is it really pricey?? Is everyone flying or driving??

If every poster can answer every question I have I would appreciate it! :D:

champagne030
05-18-2006, 08:55 PM
OK...ONCE AND FOR ALL!! What is the best place to stay? Hyatt? Hilton? Holiday Inn in KY?? Where are these places compared to GABP? What about the Westin? Is it really pricey?? Is everyone flying or driving??

If every poster can answer every question I have I would appreciate it! :D:

It depends on what you're looking for. Hotwire can get you a great rate on a very nice hotel a few blocks from GABP. There's more than one hotel in KY. They have boats that will shuttle you across the river or you can walk a pedestrian bridge....Maybe a 10 minute walk across the bridge to the ballpark. Hotels in Newport or Covington are also within walking distance to the river. There's zero nightlife in DT Cincy....I would suggest the KY side if that's what you're looking for. Or you could stay along the river in Cincy and cab/have a DD to get you back to the hotel. You do not want to walk back to the hotel from KY to the Cincy side late at night.

robertks61
05-19-2006, 07:36 AM

I'm booked there also, Friday & Saturday nights.

Section 113 Row AA Friday
Section 134 Row II Saturday

Hope to have some beverages with the WSI faithful!

skobabe8
05-19-2006, 09:38 AM
It depends on what you're looking for. Hotwire can get you a great rate on a very nice hotel a few blocks from GABP. There's more than one hotel in KY. They have boats that will shuttle you across the river or you can walk a pedestrian bridge....Maybe a 10 minute walk across the bridge to the ballpark. Hotels in Newport or Covington are also within walking distance to the river. There's zero nightlife in DT Cincy....I would suggest the KY side if that's what you're looking for. Or you could stay along the river in Cincy and cab/have a DD to get you back to the hotel. You do not want to walk back to the hotel from KY to the Cincy side late at night.

Well If we go I'll probably hotwire it so I wont know what hotel I'm gonna get anyway. We would most likely drive so parking at the hotel would be an issue. Taking a cab to the game is a no-brainer.

I've never had the chance to hang out at the players hotel after games like alot of other people, so I would like to do that. Thats why I wanted to know how close the Westin was to other places.

White Sox Randy
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Can anyone help us with this ?

My wife and I are planning to leave Chicago thursday night and start driving toward Cincy.

We are planning to take our time and stop and see any interesting sites along the way. Does anyone have any suggestions for us ?

We are going to Sat. night's game and driving back to Chicago Sunday morning.

Any help with where to stay or what to see in Cincy or (most importantly) along the way would be greatly appreciated !

maurice
05-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Here's the scoop: 90% of your approx. 5-hour drive between the Chicago metro area and Cincy is rural Indiana. The most notable exceptions are LaFayette (about 2 hours from Chicago) and Indianapolis (about an hour past Lafayette). We like Indy and will probably stay there before hitting one of the games in Cincy. For an extremely recent and comprehensive post about Indy, click here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1141967&postcount=12).

Lafayette is marginally interesting for the following reasons. The commercial area just off of I-65 is extremely comprehensive. It has numerous chain restaurant options including (to my amazement) a ChickFilA. Further west of this area is old downtown Lafayette, which is decent for a town that size. West of downtown is the Wabash River, including a pedestrian bridge and a river-front path on the West bank. That side of the river is West Lafayette, home of Purdue University. There is lots of recent construction on that side, including a Borders and other businesses.

Cincy isn't much of a tourist destination, IMO. A nice, recent addition near to the GAB is the Nat'l Underground Railroad Freedom Center (http://www.freedomcenter.org/), but it seems that most of the action is on the Kentucky side of the river.

White Sox Randy
06-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks Maurice.

SoxGirl3
06-05-2006, 04:59 PM
This is a list (long) of restaurants and bars.
I have a friend that use to live in Chgo and now lives back in Cincy. I received the following info after asking here where we should go for the weekend.
On Friday, a group of us are going to Kings Island.

The day of the game I would go to "Game Day" before the game; it is on
Pete Rose Way just east of the stadium - this is a newer sports bar that
should have a good pre-game crowd. OR better yet take the Southbank
shuttle ($1 pp) to the Hofbrauhaus (German beer house/restaurant) in
Newport eat and hang there in the beer garden then walk over the Purple
People Bridge to the game. After the game I would go to O'Mally's in
the Alley (talk about a dive bar)... it is in an alley that runs
parallel between 3rd and 4th streets between Race and Vine Streets. Not
sure what the post game crowd is at Game Day but it might be worth a
look. For dinner that night I would go to Montgomery Inn Boathouse -
Cinti's famous ribs/BBQ place. The only problem with it is they don't
take reservations and they are always busy on weekends.
If you really want to splurge go to Jeff Ruby's steak house on Walnut and
Seventh. Having lived in Chicago I personally think they try too hard
to be a Chicago mobster scene steak house but they do have GREAT food.
You will need to make a reservation.
Starting next month the Contemporary Arts Center is having Friday night
happy hours called Rockin' on Walnut from 5-8, might be something to
check out. I plan on going to the first one next week so I can let you
know.
Friday and Saturday evening I would either go to McFadden's on Seventh
(walkable) or head up to Mt. Adams - a 7 minute cab ride. McFadden's
has a good Friday night happy hour crowd, they have a DJ later in the
evening and it gets a little clubby/college DJ bar-ish. If you really
want a dance club go to Purgatory or the Red Cheeta it is a short cab
ride from the hotel but I have to be honest, I have never been to
either. Not my scene.
Mt Adams has a least 7 bars to choose from - all within walking
distance. If you are feeling mellow go to the Blind Lemon - great
outdoor patio with a fire pit and a guitar player. For a band go to
Longworth's. The Pavillion has a great 3 level deck - inside is as
close to a "club" scene as I will go to. Nice place. My favorite Thai
place is up there too - it is called The Teak (they serve sushi too). Teak has a
great outdoor patio as well.
You can get Graeter's in the lobby of the Garfield Suites - Vine and 8th
Streets. Skyline chili is on 7th and Vine and 4th and Walnut. Another
fun place to eat is Hamburger Mary's - Vine and 10th-ish. It is really
kitchy- owned by a couple of gay guys. They just opened up the other
side of the restaurant into a full fledged bar. They are known for
having great Desperate Housewives Parties on Sunday nights.
Phew - just call me Julie McCoy! Please let me know if this helps or if
I have confused the heck out of you. Lastly, Palamino's right near the
Hilton and Rock Bottom are always good - though Rock Bottom crowd has
been light as of late since there front door is right in the middle of
the Fountain Square construction.

daveeym
06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
This is a list (long) of restaurants and bars.
I have a friend that use to live in Chgo and now lives back in Cincy. I received the following info after asking here where we should go for the weekend.
On Friday, a group of us are going to Kings Island.

The day of the game I would go to "Game Day" before the game; it is on
Pete Rose Way just east of the stadium - this is a newer sports bar that
should have a good pre-game crowd. OR better yet take the Southbank
shuttle ($1 pp) to the Hofbrauhaus (German beer house/restaurant) in
Newport eat and hang there in the beer garden then walk over the Purple
People Bridge to the game. After the game I would go to O'Mally's in
the Alley (talk about a dive bar)... it is in an alley that runs
parallel between 3rd and 4th streets between Race and Vine Streets. Not
sure what the post game crowd is at Game Day but it might be worth a
look. For dinner that night I would go to Montgomery Inn Boathouse -
Cinti's famous ribs/BBQ place. The only problem with it is they don't
take reservations and they are always busy on weekends.
If you really want to splurge go to Jeff Ruby's steak house on Walnut and
Seventh. Having lived in Chicago I personally think they try too hard
to be a Chicago mobster scene steak house but they do have GREAT food.
You will need to make a reservation.
Starting next month the Contemporary Arts Center is having Friday night
happy hours called Rockin' on Walnut from 5-8, might be something to
check out. I plan on going to the first one next week so I can let you
know.
Friday and Saturday evening I would either go to McFadden's on Seventh
(walkable) or head up to Mt. Adams - a 7 minute cab ride. McFadden's
has a good Friday night happy hour crowd, they have a DJ later in the
evening and it gets a little clubby/college DJ bar-ish. If you really
want a dance club go to Purgatory or the Red Cheeta it is a short cab
ride from the hotel but I have to be honest, I have never been to
either. Not my scene.
Mt Adams has a least 7 bars to choose from - all within walking
distance. If you are feeling mellow go to the Blind Lemon - great
outdoor patio with a fire pit and a guitar player. For a band go to
Longworth's. The Pavillion has a great 3 level deck - inside is as
close to a "club" scene as I will go to. Nice place. My favorite Thai
place is up there too - it is called The Teak (they serve sushi too). Teak has a
great outdoor patio as well.
You can get Graeter's in the lobby of the Garfield Suites - Vine and 8th
Streets. Skyline chili is on 7th and Vine and 4th and Walnut. Another
fun place to eat is Hamburger Mary's - Vine and 10th-ish. It is really
kitchy- owned by a couple of gay guys. They just opened up the other
side of the restaurant into a full fledged bar. They are known for
having great Desperate Housewives Parties on Sunday nights.
Phew - just call me Julie McCoy! Please let me know if this helps or if
I have confused the heck out of you. Lastly, Palamino's right near the
Hilton and Rock Bottom are always good - though Rock Bottom crowd has
been light as of late since there front door is right in the middle of
the Fountain Square construction.
The Montgomery Inn Boathouse definitely takes reservations, at least on Sundays. I just ate there over memorial day weekend. Best ribs I've ever had at a restaurant.

santo=dorf
06-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Here's the scoop: 90% of your approx. 5-hour drive between the Chicago metro area and Cincy is rural Indiana. The most notable exceptions are LaFayette (about 2 hours from Chicago) and Indianapolis (about an hour past Lafayette). We like Indy and will probably stay there before hitting one of the games in Cincy. For an extremely recent and comprehensive post about Indy, click here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1141967&postcount=12).

Lafayette is marginally interesting for the following reasons. The commercial area just off of I-65 is extremely comprehensive. It has numerous chain restaurant options including (to my amazement) a ChickFilA. Further west of this area is old downtown Lafayette, which is decent for a town that size. West of downtown is the Wabash River, including a pedestrian bridge and a river-front path on the West bank. That side of the river is West Lafayette, home of Purdue University. There is lots of recent construction on that side, including a Borders and other businesses.

Cincy isn't much of a tourist destination, IMO. A nice, recent addition near to the GAB is the Nat'l Underground Railroad Freedom Center (http://www.freedomcenter.org/), but it seems that most of the action is on the Kentucky side of the river.
Still not sure if I'm going yet, but what is I-65 like state trooper wise?
Just curious.

ilsox7
06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
The Montgomery Inn Boathouse definitely takes reservations, at least on Sundays. I just ate there over memorial day weekend. Best ribs I've ever had at a restaurant.

Their ribs are top notch! They took reservation when I was there a few years ago, but we did have a group of about 15.

PKalltheway
06-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Can anyone help us with this ?

My wife and I are planning to leave Chicago thursday night and start driving toward Cincy.

We are planning to take our time and stop and see any interesting sites along the way. Does anyone have any suggestions for us ?

We are going to Sat. night's game and driving back to Chicago Sunday morning.

Any help with where to stay or what to see in Cincy or (most importantly) along the way would be greatly appreciated !
Just like maurice mentioned, Cincy is not a big tourist destination. There is Kings Island, but that's actually about 20 miles NORTH of the city itself. There's Coney Island, the zoo and Union Terminal (aka Cincinnati Museum Center), which is a pretty neat place. Any first timer there will be in absolute awe whenever they first walk inside of that place.:cool: Not much else though...

jenn2080
06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Still not sure if I'm going yet, but what is I-65 like state trooper wise?
Just curious.

Drove it to Indy last Fri going to see Dave Matthews and it was fine.

jenn2080
06-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Well If we go I'll probably hotwire it so I wont know what hotel I'm gonna get anyway. We would most likely drive so parking at the hotel would be an issue. Taking a cab to the game is a no-brainer.

I've never had the chance to hang out at the players hotel after games like alot of other people, so I would like to do that. Thats why I wanted to know how close the Westin was to other places.

I put this in the parking lot but I just booked my hotel on hotwire and ended up with the Hyatt for 70 a night. 6 blocks from the park. I think it is the waterfront that hotwire calls it.

daveeym
06-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Drove it to Indy last Fri going to see Dave Matthews and it was fine.Yeah it was good memorial day weekend too. Traffic is busy enough that you really need to work at it to get stopped, while at the same time moves pretty good. Also, Indiana has unmarked cars up the wazoo. Mustangs, firebirds, impalas, you name it, they probably have one unmarked. I haven't noticed them as often the last couple times through but I remember 3-5 years ago that they were all over the place.

WSDaytonOH
06-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Indiana Troopers are showing more often these days (got nailed last Thanksgiving going back to Ohio). Nothing to see south of Indy into Cincy.

I've got a guest bedroom in Dayton...but my Golden Retreiver sleeps in that room.

I'm going to all three games (see signature). I'm planning on goin' to BP for all three games. I have to go with my REDS fan Wife.

I'll be wearing a home Pods jersey and maybe having a WSI sign?

4-3 win over the kittys!!!

maurice
06-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Still not sure if I'm going yet, but what is I-65 like state trooper wise? Just curious.

I drive fast. Mrs. / Dr. Maurice drives faster. We never had a problem, but past results are no guarantee of future performance.
:cool:

dirty_k
06-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Hotwire's 3.5 star is the Hyatt. Was $104/night now. Saw that someone else got earlier for 70/night. Did anyone find a better parking situ than the $24 the Hyatt wants (I know I'm being cheap but just curious if there's an easy low cost option.) Art museum is free and is open til 5 on the game days (closed Monday). May stop by the historic canal outside of town as well. Plan to do some canoeing and hiking while out that way as well. Hopefully by next weekend we'll be seeing TWO first place teams in action!

chisoxfan83
06-09-2006, 04:43 PM
has anyone planned a gathering of WSI memeber is Cincy. Maybe we all could meet somewhere during the game etc?