PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh road trip

NonetheLoaiza
04-11-2006, 10:14 PM
It may be a little early (ok really early), but I was just curious as to who was going to go to Pitt to see the Sox in late June. Anyone thinking about making the trip? My grandparents live out there, and I'm a fan of the ballpark, so my dad and I were going to make the trek and go all out on good seats for the series.

MUsoxfan
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
McFish and I will be attending the Weds and Thurs games

JohnBasedowYoda
04-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm seriously interested

ChiSoxGirl
04-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I made the decision to go back in January, so I'm definitely in for all three games.

CHISOXFAN13
04-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm going to drive to Cincy for the weekend set and fly to Pittsburgh for that series.

Chisox003
04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm going to drive to Cincy for the weekend set and fly to Pittsburgh for that series.
Ah, now that's a trip!

If I wasnt a broke college kid, I'd consider, as PNC looks awesome

Anyway, driving to Cinci that Thursday for the weekend series, which should be a blast

I'm expecting a rather large turnout of Sox fans :gulp:

Cat Thief
04-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Ah, now that's a trip!

I'm expecting a rather large turnout of Sox fans :gulp:

The wife, 4 "young adults" and I will be there for the Friday game. I would like to go Saturday but I got overuled on going to Kings Island or whtever it is called.

SaltyPretzel
04-11-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm going with my dad.

chisoxmike
04-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes, I am defiantly thinking about it. Trying to figure out how much it will cost total. I'm thinking of flying out there Wednesday afternoon for the Wed. night game and Thursday afternoon game.

MUsoxfan
04-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Yes, I am defiantly thinking about it. Trying to figure out how much it will cost total. I'm thinking of flying out there Wednesday afternoon for the Wed. night game and Thursday afternoon game.

That's what I'm doing. You can fly round trip for about $175 on Southwest and stay at the hotel about 15 yards away from the park for $159. The cost of the game tickets should be minimal

voodoochile
04-12-2006, 12:49 AM
I am planning on going if I can get a couple of extra days off to make it work. I don't know if that will happen or not. It's the middle of a work week for me and I cannot do it without a vacation day or two which I don't know if I can spare or not.

IronFisk
04-12-2006, 01:45 AM

I'm with you Mike. I WILL be there - have COWBELL will travel! :redneck

StockdaleForVeep
04-12-2006, 02:06 AM
It may be a little early (ok really early), but I was just curious as to who was going to go to Pitt to see the Sox in late June. Anyone thinking about making the trip? My grandparents live out there, and I'm a fan of the ballpark, so my dad and I were going to make the trek and go all out on good seats for the series.

::whispers:: dont tell burgh

Bobbo35
04-12-2006, 06:46 AM
I already have the airfare, have not purchased the tickets yet, but a college buddy that lives in PA is getting them.

Pasqua's Posers
04-12-2006, 07:48 AM
planning on going to the Tuesday game if my days off continue to be Tues/Wed in June.

:bandance:

hold2dibber
04-12-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm going to the Wednesday and Thursday games with a group of somewhere between 3 and 5 others (then staying over Thursday and flying to NY on Friday to catch either a Mets/Yankees game or a Brooklyn Cyclones game). Anybody have any suggestions for a decent hotel relatatively near the ball park in the 'burgh?

ChiSoxGirl
04-12-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm with you Mike. I WILL be there - have COWBELL will travel! :redneck

So does this mean you're not going to London afterall? And do you plan on going for all 3 games?

Baby Fisk
04-12-2006, 08:31 AM
I will be there on the Tuesday and Wednesday.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Man, everyone's going to this thing. :?: I hope to be able to go that series and catch a few games with Burgh but it depends on someone going with me and that's right around the time I'll be moving into a new place.

TParkin550
04-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I've had this trip planned since last November since the schedule came out. We will be out in Pitt that week for the games as well. We have friends to visit as well as I really want to see the ball park. Should be a great time to see the silver and black in the crowd.
TP

MeteorsSox4367
04-12-2006, 09:01 AM
hold2dibber: The Marriott in Pittsburgh is located right across from the Mellon Arena where the Pens play (not this season, however, judging by their record). If you walk one block and take the subway, it'll let you off near PNC Park. Walk across the Clemente Bridge behind right field and enter one of the best ballparks in the country.

Hopefully, someday, PNC will host my dream World Series between the Sox and the Pirates.

Thanks and Go Sox!!

NonetheLoaiza
04-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds like alot of people are going to be there. It should be a good time with all the Sox fans in attendance.

Baby Fisk
04-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Sounds like alot of people are going to be there. It should be a good time with all the Sox fans in attendance.
Perhaps the Sox Army should mass somewhere outside PNC prior to the games?

Hangar, which game(s) are you going to?

Deebs14
04-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I'd definitely go if it weren't in the middle of the summer. Unfortunately I will be done with school and down in Tampa during that time.:(:

I SHOULD be in attendence for at least one of the TB games, hopefully more if I can get off work.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, it sounds like it'll be a repeat of the '05 Rockies series.
I am most definitely looking forward to it, and there's even a chance that EastCoastSoxFan, Sr. (my dad) will be there as well...

DannyCaterFan
04-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I am thinking of taking in all three games in Pittsburgh in June. Anyone know which hotel the Sox will be staying at?

StockdaleForVeep
04-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Man, everyone's going to this thing. :?: I hope to be able to go that series and catch a few games with Burgh but it depends on someone going with me and that's right around the time I'll be moving into a new place.

ironically, the exact same for me

ChiSoxGirl
04-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I am thinking of taking in all three games in Pittsburgh in June. Anyone know which hotel the Sox will be staying at?

That information can be found in the Media Guide. Anyone have one yet?

niqui
04-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Ooo... that would be fun. I was in PGH a week and a half ago and only got to see PNC Park driving past it, but I have to say it looked *really* cool from the outside at night (all those blue lights!). It would be a fun excuse to visit friends out there again too, to see a ball game. (Hopefully I'm going to get to see the Sox at Jacobs Field and in the Twin Cities as well this summer, which should be fun -- I've never been to the Metrodome, and Jacobs Field is a nice park -- and the Cleveland fans, I have to say, treated me really well for being in a Sox jersey and cap and cheering/hollering for my guys all the time... During a rain delay I went to a stand to buy a pretzel and the concessions girl joked with me about whether or not I really wanted one, because they sell them in the shape of a cursive "I" logo!)

Soo... (being a fairly new WSI'er) ... is this just a casual "who's going" or a call to do a planned group thing? Sorry, dumb question, probably! :redface:

SOXintheBURGH
04-12-2006, 01:46 PM
The SOX are playing in Pittsburgh in June!?

I live IN Pittsburgh!?

That.. that means....

Baby Fisk
04-12-2006, 01:48 PM

I live IN Pittsburgh!?

That.. that means....
The Army is coming. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
04-12-2006, 02:00 PM
I won't be able to make it here; but, I might see about making a drive to Detroit for a day game during summer break if others are interested in coming along (I don't feel comfortable going there alone).

I wonder how many cities will experience the White Sox Army invasion this year? :D:

StockdaleForVeep
04-12-2006, 02:46 PM

I live IN Pittsburgh!?

That.. that means....

http://www.youricons.com/buddy-icons/family-guy37.gif
"Take your time Peter"

maurice
04-12-2006, 03:20 PM
We're going to try to make one of the games (most likely the Tuesday game). For those who will have a car and are interested in the Sox minor leaguers, the Knights (Sox AAA) will be playing in Columbus and Toledo, OH that week, and the Intimidators (Sox A) will be playing in Charleston, WV the previous weekend.

Marriott has great coverage in Pittsburgh. In addition to the downtown Marriott (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITDT), Renaissance (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITBR), and Courtyard (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITCY) (across the river), there's a new Springhill Suites (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITNS) right next to the park.

IronFisk
04-12-2006, 04:16 PM
So does this mean you're not going to London afterall? And do you plan on going for all 3 games?

Yes, I am still going to London - but earlier than I thought. I should be able to catch the Wed. and Thurs. games, but I come back that Monday, and Tuesday will be a jet-lag nightmare!!!

hold2dibber
04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
hold2dibber: The Marriott in Pittsburgh is located right across from the Mellon Arena where the Pens play (not this season, however, judging by their record). If you walk one block and take the subway, it'll let you off near PNC Park. Walk across the Clemente Bridge behind right field and enter one of the best ballparks in the country.

Hopefully, someday, PNC will host my dream World Series between the Sox and the Pirates.

Thanks and Go Sox!!

Great - thanks!

chisoxmike
04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
That information can be found in the Media Guide. Anyone have one yet?

The Sox stay at the Westin Convention Center

SOXintheBURGH
04-13-2006, 12:23 AM
The Sox stay at the Westin Convention Center

Thats a nice place its across from my building kind of, they have a pretty okay restaurant/lounge called the Fish Market.

StepsInSC
04-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Thats a nice place its across from my building kind of, they have a pretty okay restaurant/lounge called the Fish Market.

Burgh you living dahntahn now?

Jurr
04-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Burgh and I were talking about this the other day. Glad the thread came up. I'm getting up there a couple of days early and staying with my future in-laws. I've been to PNC a ton of times, and I'll tell you - there's a great bar to hang out pre and post game called Hi Tops. It's within two blocks of the stadium, and it is AWESOME. That would be a perfect spot for a WSI get together.
http://www.hi-topsusa.com/home.html

We can then take the crew that wants to stay out (or the crew that stays for more than one night) to the south side or "the strip district", where there are tons of cool bars to check out.

I'm so jazzed about going, and we're all going to have a great time.

Jurr
04-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Are you being nebby?

maurice
04-14-2006, 12:07 PM
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the awesome Grandview Saloon (http://www.grandviewsaloon.com/) on Mt. Washington. Amazing views (see the link), nice beer selection, and good food too. It's a short drive from the stadium and downtown Pittsburgh. Take the kiddies for a ride on the nearby funicular (http://www.incline.cc/).

SOXintheBURGH
04-14-2006, 12:12 PM

Na I just work dahntahn at the US Still Building.

Plan on moving soon though, perhaps Scroll Hill.

DannyCaterFan
04-14-2006, 02:22 PM
The Westin Convention Center is $289.00 a night. That's where the team will be staying. A little to rich for my taste. The Marriott is $140/night.

RadioheadRocks
04-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Going on the 27th, section 115, row BB, seat 3... looks like a great seat according to the field view provided on the website! :bandance:

Hope to get there early enough in the day and go to Kennywood and ride the coasters! :D:

Jurr
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Going on the 27th, section 115, row BB, seat 3... looks like a great seat according to the field view provided on the website! :bandance:

Hope to get there early enough in the day and go to Kennywood and ride the coasters! :D:
Way to throw it up for Kennywood. Still to this day, I think the jackrabbit is the best coaster there. By far.

NonetheLoaiza
04-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Way to throw it up for Kennywood. Still to this day, I think the jackrabbit is the best coaster there. By far.

I haven't been to Kennywood in forever. Hands down the best amusement park that I have ever been to.

RadioheadRocks
04-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Yep, was there when they were counting down the last days of the Steel Phantom (before they announced the morph into Phantom's Revenge). Enjoyed all the old rides, the coasters and the old-time park atmosphere there (although I almost tossed my cookies when I saw the "gum wall" while waiting in line for the Jack Rabbit... blecch!!! :tongue: )

Jurr
04-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Yep, was there when they were counting down the last days of the Steel Phantom (before they announced the morph into Phantom's Revenge). Enjoyed all the old rides, the coasters and the old-time park atmosphere there (although I almost tossed my cookies when I saw the "gum wall" while waiting in line for the Jack Rabbit... blecch!!! :tongue: )
Very funny! Then, if you haven't lost your lunch, the one moment where the jackrabbit actually feels like it left the track could get you the rest of the way!

SOXintheBURGH
04-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Kennywood just actually jacked their prices by som astronomical amount, but they do have a new ride there they've been advertising the last couple weeks. I haven't been to Kennywood since I was in high school for physics day.

hold2dibber
05-01-2006, 08:54 AM
We're going to try to make one of the games (most likely the Tuesday game). For those who will have a car and are interested in the Sox minor leaguers, the Knights (Sox AAA) will be playing in Columbus and Toledo, OH that week, and the Intimidators (Sox A) will be playing in Charleston, WV the previous weekend.

Marriott has great coverage in Pittsburgh. In addition to the downtown Marriott (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITDT), Renaissance (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITBR), and Courtyard (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITCY) (across the river), there's a new Springhill Suites (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PITNS) right next to the park.

Can anyone give any insight on which of these (or any other hotels in the Burgh) are best in terms of surrounding nightlife (bars, restaurants, etc.)?

thepaulbowski
05-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Can anyone give any insight on which of these (or any other hotels in the Burgh) are best in terms of surrounding nightlife (bars, restaurants, etc.)?

The Sheraton at Station Square is nice and they have bunch of bars/restaraunts/clubs right by it. I stayed there for the Bears/Steelers game and they had a clipper take you over to the stadium. Not sure if they do the same for Pirate games....

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Scroll Hill.

Is that next to HTML Lodge?

I don't think I'm going to be able to make this glorious trip as I'm taking summer classes:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

I hate edumacation!

Baby Fisk
05-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Which hotel should I stay at? I got plane tix, game tix, just need a room for a couple of nights now. Something walking distance to PNC.

SOXintheBURGH
05-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Which hotel should I stay at? I got plane tix, game tix, just need a room for a couple of nights now. Something walking distance to PNC.

Hmm.. All the stuff close to PNC is rather "posh." The Westin is where the team is staying. There's a Mariott thats walking distance but kind of a hike.

Scottiehaswheels
05-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Just got my hotel booked... jesus christ Pittsburgh is expensive!!! I pricelined a hotel for $50 under a night... still cost me $420 for the Westin... every other hotel is at least 169 a night downtown... and thats for a tuesday/wednesday

Baby Fisk
05-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Just got my hotel booked... jesus christ Pittsburgh is expensive!!! I pricelined a hotel for $50 under a night... still cost me $420 for the Westin... every other hotel is at least 169 a night downtown... and thats for a tuesday/wednesday
Holy crap! Just to sleep in PITTSBURGH?

http://www.shell-shock.co.uk/images/blenheim_main.jpg
"What a dump! They told me I could see PNC Park from my window!"

MUsoxfan
05-01-2006, 11:19 AM

I'm staying at the Spring Hill Suites that's about 25 feet from the park. I believe it's $159 a night, but I stayed there for a night last year and it's really worth it

SOXintheBURGH
05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
If you play your cards right you may receive an invite to stay at Le Chateu Burgh. :cool:

:crossdresser

Scottiehaswheels
05-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Holy crap! Just to sleep in PITTSBURGH?

http://www.shell-shock.co.uk/images/blenheim_main.jpg
"What a dump! They told me I could see PNC Park from my window!"

ha yeah I know.... I got Cincy for the weekend at another 4 star for the same price as one night in pittsburgh during the week

AWhiteSoxWinner
05-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Is PNC park as beautiful as it looks?

MUsoxfan
05-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Is PNC park as beautiful as it looks?

In a word: Yes.

Even moreso in person

MeteorsSox4367
05-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Awesome park. The walk over the Clemente Bridge, the sightlines and the fact that Manny Sanguillen has a food stand in the park and takes pictures with fans makes it even better. Check out the banners in the left field concourse area with old Pirates' baseball cards.

Great city, great ballpark. Someday hosting my dream World Series between the Sox and Pirates.

Jurr
05-08-2006, 09:29 AM
If you guys don't mind...

If you're looking at going and REALLY have a good shot at making the trip, please PM me. I'm going to be getting there early that week, and I'll be looking at some spots to get a good shindig together.

We're going to take over that park!:bandance: :bandance:

Baby Fisk
05-08-2006, 09:41 AM
If you guys don't mind...

If you're looking at going and REALLY have a good shot at making the trip, please PM me. I'm going to be getting there early that week, and I'll be looking at some spots to get a good shindig together.

We're going to take over that park!:bandance: :bandance:
I'm there for the Tues and Weds games -- tix have been secured -- and would definitely like to meet other WSIers descending upon that city. :bandance: :bandance:

voodoochile
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm there for the Tues and Weds games -- tix have been secured -- and would definitely like to meet other WSIers descending upon that city. :bandance: :bandance:

Am planning on going, but have to wait for the new schedule to come out to be sure I actually got the days. That won't happen until late May.

Baby Fisk
05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Hot damn! Just booked a room at the Westin Convention Center for the 27th and 28th. Flight, tix and hotel have all been secured. :bandance:

Anyone else staying at the Westin?

Scottiehaswheels
05-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Hot damn! Just booked a room at the Westin Convention Center for the 27th and 28th. Flight, tix and hotel have all been secured. :bandance:

Anyone else staying at the Westin?Yep... What'd it run ya for the 2 nights? American $

Baby Fisk
05-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Yep... What'd it run ya for the 2 nights? American $
One room, two nights, US$189 a night -- booked online 10 minutes ago. Did you get the same? Someone quoted higher rates earlier in this thread.

Scottiehaswheels
05-17-2006, 12:27 PM
I pricelined it for $175 or so a night... but once you figure in taxes you're back over $200 a night or so though.... still, its close the ballpark.... I hate driving in unfamiliar cities...

Baby Fisk
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I pricelined it for $175 or so a night... but once you figure in taxes you're back over $200 a night or so though.... still, its close the ballpark.... I hate driving in unfamiliar cities...
I definitely intend to walk as much as possible, cabbing it if necessary. Anyone else staying at the Westin give a shout.

Cavahoo
05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I will be at the Wednesday and Thursday games at PNC

lockportsox
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Logansquaresox plus one will be at the game on Wednesday (Sec 7, Row L, Seats 3&4), and Lockportsox (me--long time lurker) plus four will join them on Thursday (Sec 6, Row G, Seats 1-7). I'll be meeting many of you for the first time at Core Of The Core on Monday, so it'll be fun to watch for you again at PNC--come say hi!

HomeFish
05-17-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll be at the Tuesday game. Haven't bought game tickets, but I do have airfare there now.

What's good to sit in at PNC?

IronFisk
05-18-2006, 01:15 AM
What's good to sit in at PNC?

Upper deck along third base line. First, not so high up as you'd think. Second, AMAZING view of river and downtown - you can entertain yourself watching riverboats go by. Third, cheaper.

HomeFish
05-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Upper deck along third base line. First, not so high up as you'd think. Second, AMAZING view of river and downtown - you can entertain yourself watching riverboats go by. Third, cheaper.

What does that translate to in terms of PNC nomenclature? These sections have names like "Pirate's Cove" on the ticketing website.

steveironcity
05-18-2006, 10:32 AM
What does that translate to in terms of PNC nomenclature? These sections have names like "Pirate's Cove" on the ticketing website.

I think that "pirates cove" tickets are sold to groups. If you are going for upper deck, go for low row seats in sections 309-311 on the ist base side, or low seats in sections 321-323 on 3rd base side for a great view. Not a bad seat in PNC, and ive been to almost 100 games.

WagMan
05-18-2006, 11:06 AM
I've got two tickets for Thursday's game (Baseline Box, Section 7, row L, seats 7&8, just next to the Sox dugout). We're flying in that morning via SW airlines and flying out the same night.

Round trip ticket Chicago MDW < - > PGH: $146

Baseline Box ticket at PNC right next to Sox dugout: $26

Waking up in my bed, going to Pittsburgh to see the World Champion White Sox play in what is considered the best park in baseball, and then returning home to sleep in my own bed again all in the same day: Priceless!

WestSider
05-22-2006, 09:11 AM
We'll go to the Wednesday night and Thursday day games. We are flying Wednesday late morning, returning Friday morning. Air on United was $143 round-trip.

We pricelined 3* downtown for $46 per night and got the Courtyard by Marriott. Not bad.

ChiSoxGirl
05-22-2006, 10:38 AM
We'll go to the Wednesday night and Thursday day games. We are flying Wednesday late morning, returning Friday morning. Air on United was $143 round-trip.

We pricelined 3* downtown for $46 per night and got the Courtyard by Marriott. Not bad.

I just did the same Priceline you did and came up with nothing even near that price range. :?: I'm considering the Springhill Suites by Marriott (recommended by someone here on the board) and can find that for $149-169/night.

WestSider
06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
I just did the same Priceline you did and came up with nothing even near that price range.
My friend did the same with the same results as you. He was coming in on June 27, not June 28. It is possible that we got the great price because we are only staying 2 nights arriving June 28. (you could always try June 28-30, then find someplace nearby for June 27).

Also, if anyone is on the following flights, I'd be happy to try to sponsor them for a possible upgrade to first class. In know it is a short flight but it's better than coach:

Wed June 28, United 274, ORD-PIT, 11:24a-1:48p
Fri June 30, United 707, PIT-ORD, 7:48a-8:25a

ChiSoxGirl
06-05-2006, 01:34 PM
My friend did the same with the same results as you. He was coming in on June 27, not June 28. It is possible that we got the great price because we are only staying 2 nights arriving June 28. (you could always try June 28-30, then find someplace nearby for June 27).

Also, if anyone is on the following flights, I'd be happy to try to sponsor them for a possible upgrade to first class. In know it is a short flight but it's better than coach:

Wed June 28, United 274, ORD-PIT, 11:24a-1:48p
Fri June 30, United 707, PIT-ORD, 7:48a-8:25a

Thanks to my procrastinating, the Springhill Suites by Marriott were all sold out when I went to book a couple weeks ago, so I ended up booking the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown for $169 night through their website. If for some reason I need to cancel, I can do so up until 24 hours before I'm scheduled to arrive without a charge, which is good.

voodoochile
06-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Hold off on booking rooms for a day or two people. I have a friend who is the GM of a hotel in Pittsburgh. I just asked him if he wants to offer the group a block rate which might mean much cheaper room rates for anyone booking a room. I will know more later today or tomorrow.

jenn2080
06-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks to my procrastinating, the Springhill Suites by Marriott were all sold out when I went to book a couple weeks ago, so I ended up booking the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown for $169 night through their website. If for some reason I need to cancel, I can do so up until 24 hours before I'm scheduled to arrive without a charge, which is good.

hope you are staying with a few people. i would check hotwire too. just got my cinci hotel today. 70 a night for the hyatt

steveironcity
06-05-2006, 06:29 PM
if any WSI members would like to hang with an SOB from Pittsburgh while you are in town, dont be shy.

champagne030
06-05-2006, 06:54 PM
hope you are staying with a few people. i would check hotwire too. just got my cinci hotel today. 70 a night for the hyatt

Omni - William Penn (4 star) is 8 blocks from the park and is $109/night through Hotwire. This includes all taxes and fees.

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
I'll be at all three games, but I'm going to be available to party on Tuesday night. Wednesday and Thursday I'm gonna be hanging out with my sister and brother in law who are driving out to watch the games.

chisoxmike
06-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I'll be at all three games, but I'm going to be available to party on Tuesday night. Wednesday and Thursday I'm gonna be hanging out with my sister and brother in law who are driving out to watch the games.

Damn, I will be there for the Wednesday and Thursday games, got my tickets today.

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Damn, I will be there for the Wednesday and Thursday games, got my tickets today.

I'll be at the games to drink beers with one and all.. but for post game and such, Tuesday I shall be getting annihilated.

chisoxmike
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I'll be at the games to drink beers with one and all.. but for post game and such, Tuesday I shall be getting annihilated.

Sweet.:gulp:

I will see you there young sir...

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
By the way, where are everyone's seats at for the games at PNC? It's a small park so I can get to anywhere from seats behind home in about a minute thirty.

chisoxmike
06-05-2006, 07:17 PM
By the way, where are everyone's seats at for the games at PNC? It's a small park so I can get to anywhere from seats behind home in about a minute thirty.

Section 7 Row M

BTW...Ladies Night is the wendesday promotion :bandance: :gulp:

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Section 7 Row M

BTW...Ladies Night is the wendesday promotion :bandance: :gulp:

LOL....

Dem 'Burgh gals are something else on Ladies Night.

Remind me to teach you how to speak the language before you come out.

chisoxmike
06-05-2006, 07:20 PM
LOL....

Dem 'Burgh gals are something else on Ladies Night.

Remind me to teach you how to speak the language before you come out.

:hawk
"YESSSS!"

Chips
06-05-2006, 07:29 PM
:hawk
"YESSSS!"

This is gonna be a good trip.:gulp:

chisoxmike
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM

Yes, yes it is.

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 07:34 PM

The Dude and Donny are coming out too?!

robiwho
06-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes, yes it is.

After talking to the two of you about it on Saturday, I'm not sure if I'm afraid for Pittsburgh or sad that I'm not going along. BTW, this is not an official Hardcore of the Core event.

Chips
06-05-2006, 07:35 PM
The Dude and Donny are coming out too?!

The Dude is not coming, he's going fishing.

Donny's dead.

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
The Dude is not coming, he's going fishing.

Donny's dead.

Real men fly fish. :rolleyes:

Chips
06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
:tomatoaward

Baby Fisk
06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Tuesday night. I'm there. :cool:

"Where the place?"
"Upon the heath."
"There to meet with... Macbeth..."

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Tuesday night. I'm there. :cool:

"Where the place?"
"Upon the heath."
"There to meet with... Macbeth..."

As Jurr mentioned: Hi Topps.

You exit out the the first base side, cross the street and you're in. I believe they have Harp on tap too. :gulp:

Baby Fisk
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM

You exit out the the first base side, cross the street and you're in. I believe they have Harp on tap too. :gulp:

*begins daemonic celtic chanting: HI TOPPS... HI TOPPS... HI TOPPS...*

steveironcity
06-05-2006, 08:43 PM

Firewaters blows Hi-tops Away!!!!! We dont need a wrigley rip off bar

Chips
06-05-2006, 08:52 PM
*begins daemonic celtic chanting: HI TOPPS... HI TOPPS... HI TOPPS...*

I wish I was coming on Tuesday.

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Firewaters blows Hi-tops Away!!!!! We dont need a wrigley rip off bar

Firewaters is pretty cool too, I agree. Last couple times I tried going in though it was too crowded so I had to meander into Hi Topps. Hell, we'll have time to hit em both up! :gulp:

voodoochile
06-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Okay, my buddy who is the GM at Doubletree (5 blocks from the park) is looking into the availability that week. He was shocked at some of the prices you all are paying saying it seems very high for Pittsburgh so he is wondering if something else is going on that week or if you all just got unlucky.

He'll let me know if he can set up a block for us. I should have the info tomorrow night when I come home from work.

Chips
06-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Okay, my buddy who is the GM at Doubletree (5 blocks from the park) is looking into the availability that week. He was shocked at some of the prices you all are paying saying it seems very high for Pittsburgh so he is wondering if something else is going on that week or if you all just got unlucky.

He'll let me know if he can set up a block for us. I should have the info tomorrow night when I come home from work.

That would be ****ing sweet.

ATTN: CHISOXMIKE. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM YET.

ChiSoxGirl
06-05-2006, 10:52 PM

ATTN: CHIPS- Have chisoxmike book the room- it can always be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to your arrival, usually without charging your credit card. Wouldn't you rather have something as a backup plan than have to sleep in various lobbies? :tongue:

Chips
06-05-2006, 10:55 PM
ATTN: CHIPS- Have chisoxmike book the room- it can always be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to your arrival, usually without charging your credit card. Wouldn't you rather have something as a backup plan than have to sleep in various lobbies? :tongue:

Well yeah, if it comes down to it, we'll just crash in your room or find some random Pittsburgh girls.:cool:

robiwho
06-05-2006, 10:59 PM

I thought you were sleeping in the car.

Chips
06-05-2006, 11:00 PM

I'm flying.

The Dude
06-05-2006, 11:00 PM

It wouldnt be the first time he'd done that!:tongue:

robiwho
06-05-2006, 11:02 PM
It wouldnt be the first time he'd done that!:tongue:

Not a surprise.

monkeypants
06-05-2006, 11:09 PM

This would be fantastic because I really want to go but have been scared away by the prices for the hotels since I will be traveling solo. Unless there is someone in a similar predicament that I am in and wants to split a room? If not then I just might be staying outside of town and driving in for the games. But that would cancel out having more than a few beers while at and after the game and unfortunately I like my beers.

ohiosoxfan12
06-06-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm flying.

I Wish I could fly.....:(:

MUsoxfan
06-06-2006, 01:34 AM

Section 133 Row A

For the Weds night game

voodoochile
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Okay, I can get a $139 rate Tuesday-Friday of that week provided I have at least 10 rooms to book.

PM me if you are interested. When I get to 10 rooms, I will let my buddy know and he will get me a code then you mention the code when you book the room and you get the rate.

I will reply to PM's once I have the code, so please don't spam my inbox with multiple requests for it. If we don't hit the cutoff I will let you know that too and you can make other plans.

It's a newly remodled Doubletree hotel. That means big rooms and great amenities. It is right downtown - like I said, about 5 blocks from the park.

StepsInSC
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Damn I wish I could go. This is the sweet view (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=126645874&size=l)you're in for. :D:

Baby Fisk
06-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Damn I wish I could go. This is the sweet view (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=126645874&size=l)you're in for. :D:
Is the grass still groomed in that pattern? Good grief that's ugly. Sometimes you can tell when the groundskeeper is out of control.

robiwho
06-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Is the grass still groomed in that pattern? Good grief that's ugly. Sometimes you can tell when the groundskeeper is out of control.

That outfield just gave me vertigo.

voodoochile
06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Booked my flight. I will probably be staying with a friend, but might get a hotel room instead.

I'll see you all at the games...

ewokpelts
06-09-2006, 11:17 AM
I wont be making the trip, since i was able to snag ASG tickets. I'll root on ozzie to win us home field advantage for the WS.
Gene

monkeypants
06-09-2006, 11:38 AM
I just booked a room for 3 nights at the Westin through hotwire.com for $95 a night. When booking through that site they don't tell you what hotel you are signing up for until you make your reservation so I was a little hesitant about that. But they pretty much tell you that it's a 4 star hotel downtown and I guess I got lucky because the Sox are also staying there.
I'll see you all there for all three games!

Baby Fisk
06-09-2006, 11:43 AM
I just booked a room for 3 nights at the Westin through hotwire.com for $95 a night. When booking through that site they don't tell you what hotel you are signing up for until you make your reservation so I was a little hesitant about that. But they pretty much tell you that it's a 4 star hotel downtown and I guess I got lucky because the Sox are also staying there.
I'll see you all there for all three games!
How could they not tell you which hotel you are being booked into?

I'm at the downtown Westin Convention Center, 1000 Penn Avenue.

monkeypants
06-09-2006, 12:14 PM
How could they not tell you which hotel you are being booked into?

I'm at the downtown Westin Convention Center, 1000 Penn Avenue.
Damned if I knew.
While making the on-line reservation through hotwire they give you the hotel's basic info such as if it's downtown, near the airport, ect. and also all of the pertinent info such as that it's a 4 star hotel, has a restaurant, pool, ect. Here's what hotwire has to say about this policy:
"By allowing our hotel suppliers to remain anonymous, we negotiate rates significantly lower than what you'll find on other travel web sites."

I still don't understand it but I'm not going to question getting a great deal.
See ya at the Westin!

Scottiehaswheels
06-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I just booked a room for 3 nights at the Westin through hotwire.com for $95 a night. Christ! boy did I overpay....

champagne030
06-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Damned if I knew.
While making the on-line reservation through hotwire they give you the hotel's basic info such as if it's downtown, near the airport, ect. and also all of the pertinent info such as that it's a 4 star hotel, has a restaurant, pool, ect. Here's what hotwire has to say about this policy:
"By allowing our hotel suppliers to remain anonymous, we negotiate rates significantly lower than what you'll find on other travel web sites."

I still don't understand it but I'm not going to question getting a great deal.
See ya at the Westin!

Hotwire is protecting their supplier. The Westin doesn't want Hotwire to advertise Westin rooms for $95/night because then Westin isn't going to sell any at regular price.

Scottiehaswheels
06-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Can I cancel my room and then get a redo? :(

Baby Fisk
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Sounds like the Westin will be overrun by Sox players, monkeys and babies.

monkeypants
06-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Sounds like the Westin will be overrun by Sox players, monkeys and babies.

Kind of sounds like a bad acid trip I had that involved La Marr Hoyt and a marmoset.

SOXintheBURGH
06-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Kind of sounds like a bad acid trip I had that involved La Marr Hoyt and a marmoset.

This guy knows how to party. :cool:

The Westin is pretty nice, you can walk to the park from there in about 15 or 20 minuten. They have a nice lounge called the Fish Market, I work across the street in the US Steel building.

Baby Fisk
06-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh, is that the one where Bill Veeck bursts into the saloon and starts shouting "Fellas! Fellas, quit your fighting! There's lemon meringue here for everyone!" I've had that one too...

jenn2080
06-09-2006, 01:30 PM
That outfield just gave me vertigo.

That outfield gave me a headache. ....or maybe it is a brain freeze from the icecream im eating.

monkeypants
06-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Question for Burgh, steveironcity, and any others in Pittsburgh.
How easy is it to move around PNC and improve seat location? I know PNC doesn't sell out their games but how strict are the ushers in enforcing assigned seats? The reason I ask is because I'm frugal (i.e. cheap) and if I were to buy an upper deck ticket, I might want to move downstairs to better seats. This is also if some Sox fans wanted to sit or meet together in a certain location during a game.

StepsInSC
06-11-2006, 03:26 PM
How easy is it to move around PNC and improve seat location? I know PNC doesn't sell out their games but how strict are the ushers in enforcing assigned seats? The reason I ask is because I'm frugal (i.e. cheap) and if I were to buy an upper deck ticket, I might want to move downstairs to better seats. This is also if some Sox fans wanted to sit or meet together in a certain location during a game.

I've done it often and never had any problems.

steveironcity
06-11-2006, 07:43 PM

Its easy. The ushers usually dont care. Just wait until around the 3rd or 4th, and dont get an attitude if an usher confronts you. Just tell them you are from out of town, complement PNC Park, The city of Pittsburgh, and maybe even the Steelers and you can get in good with most of them. Try to go to a section with an elderly gentleman for an usher, as they are mostly easy going and friendly. And dont be afraid to tip. It gets you far.
Make sure you dont go too far ie. don't try to access the club level, or the dugout box seats, Home plate club (you guys call 'em scout seats)

GOGOGOPODS
06-12-2006, 02:31 PM
My dad and I will be attending

slobes
06-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I do remember looking at this one guy's website. He had gone to all MLB stadiums and rated them on pretty much everything, from parking availability to concession stand food to how well you can see the action on the field from your seat. PNC Park ended up being #1 in the league. I'm hoping to get out there soon, and if it was during the Sox series that would totally be an added bonus.

voodoochile
06-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Well, I've only got one yes so far, so it looks like I won't be able to get a rate for a block of rooms. I'm still going to Pittsburgh so I will see a bunch of you there...

Baby Fisk
06-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Some questions for folks in the Burgh:

1. How long is the cab ride from the airport to downtown?
2. Roughly how much does it cost?
3. How does one go about riding the Dusquene Incline thingy?
4. Any restaurants downtown that are a must to eat at?
5. How could a visitor go about killing a few hours during the daytime in your pleasant city? (looking for museums/historical stuff/sciency stuff/aquariums/etc)

Thanks for your advice.

steveironcity
06-14-2006, 06:49 PM

5. How could a visitor go about killing a few hours during the daytime in your pleasant city? (looking for museums/historical stuff/sciency stuff/aquariums/etc)

Thanks for your advice.

1. The ride is about 20-25 minutes with light traffic

2. Never took a cab, but its about 20 miles

3. http://www.incline.cc/

4. I dont eat downtown that often to comment

5. here are some attractions
http://www.aviary.org/- Aviary
http://www.carnegiemnh.org/- Carnegie Museum of natural history (includes art museum)
http://www.pghhistory.org/- Western PA History Center and Sports Museum
http://www.warhol.org/- Andy Warhol museum (1 block from PNC Park, Warhol was born, grew up, and is buried in Pittsburgh)

Heres a comprehensive list
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2865112-cat-Tourist+Attractions+%26+Sightseeing-pittsburgh_things_to_do-i;_ylt=AvC.quKcs0SfBcj4GacRshWnT2oL

monkeypants
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM

I asked the people at the Westin and they said there is an airport shuttle that runs every hour at the bottom of the hour from the airport to the downtown hotels. It is $18 one way or $34 round trip and takes about 20-30 minutes.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-14-2006, 09:55 PM
I asked the people at the Westin and they said there is an airport shuttle that runs every hour at the bottom of the hour from the airport to the downtown hotels. It is $18 one way or $34 round trip and takes about 20-30 minutes.

They also have an express public bus from the airport to downtown I have used when flying in to see the Steelers or Pirates - costs $2 or so if you are not in a rush.

http://www.portauthority.org/

I'd check out Primanti Brothers in or out of the park.

http://www.primantibros.com/

Been to Clark Bar near the stadium a couple of times and I liked it. I'm sure SoxInTheBurgh can show you some others.

MUsoxfan
06-15-2006, 03:22 AM
They also have an express public bus from the airport to downtown I have used when flying in to see the Steelers or Pirates - costs $2 or so if you are not in a rush.

The bus is good. Last year when I was in Pitt I took the Bus. There's like a secret route through Pitt that only the bus can use. It takes like 30min from the airport to the city and is worth it considering the cost of a cab

SOXintheBURGH
06-15-2006, 03:48 AM
The bus is good. Last year when I was in Pitt I took the Bus. There's like a secret route through Pitt that only the bus can use. It takes like 30min from the airport to the city and is worth it considering the cost of a cab
hmm.. sounds about right. more later. i'm on my PSP now, I'll make a more substantantial comment later when I have A keyboard.

TheKittle
06-15-2006, 03:50 AM

Thanks for your advice.

5. On Pitt's campus is home plate of Forbes Field. The LF wall that Bill Maz hit his HR to bea the Yankees is still there.

SOXintheBURGH
06-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Thus I can also own the Nintendo fanboys too! I can make WSI posts from a student union at a universIty lobby I don't belong to.

SaltyPretzel
06-15-2006, 07:23 AM
5. On Pitt's campus is home plate of Forbes Field. The LF wall that Bill Maz hit his HR to bea the Yankees is still there.

How far is it from PNC?

steveironcity
06-15-2006, 07:50 AM
How far is it from PNC?

About 4 miles

Jurr
06-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Closing in on that great trip....can't wait! I'm excited to see WSI'ers enjoying their first Yuenglings and "Pittsburghers" from Primanti's (both available at the game)....both are must haves!!!

Hi Tops would be the perfect place to have a pre and post game beer. The place is a block from the park!

steveironcity
06-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Closing in on that great trip....can't wait! I'm excited to see WSI'ers enjoying their first Yuenglings and "Pittsburghers" from Primanti's (both available at the game)....both are must haves!!!

Hi Tops would be the perfect place to have a pre and post game beer. The place is a block from the park!

Actually, hightops is right across the street from the park

Jurr
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Actually, hightops is right across the street from the park
Oh..my fault. We're usually a little tipsy on the way over there after games. That's our post game routine at PNC. Head over there, then either the Clark Bar or Cupka's II on the strip.

Baby Fisk
06-15-2006, 11:23 AM

What are they?

areilly
06-15-2006, 12:08 PM
What are they?

"Yuengling" is the brand name of one of the nastiest beers made in America.

No offense to the northeast but it's just not good. Not to say I won't drink more than a few of them. When in Pitt...

:cool:

Baby Fisk
06-15-2006, 04:09 PM
"Yuengling" is the brand name of one of the nastiest beers made in America.

No offense to the northeast but it's just not good. Not to say I won't drink more than a few of them. When in Pitt...

:cool:
I'll drink whatever SOXintheBURGH is buying. :gulp:

steveironcity
06-15-2006, 06:06 PM
I'll drink whatever SOXintheBURGH is buying. :gulp:

If i make it out to the games, ill buy you an Iron City Beer.

maurice
06-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Everything you need to know about riding the Duquesne Incline (http://www.incline.cc/). There's a parking lot at the bottom, near the river and some restaurants with amazing views at the top. I highly recommend the Grandview Saloon (http://www.grandviewsaloon.com/). The picture on the webpage is exactly the same as the view from your table in the bar / restaurant.
:gulp:

steveironcity
06-15-2006, 06:13 PM
What are they?

Primantis

http://www.primantibros.com/

Chips
06-15-2006, 07:15 PM
If i make it out to the games, ill buy you an Iron City Beer.

Does that go for me as well? :gulp:

SOXintheBURGH
06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
When I go to games I generally drink exlusively Aaaarn City, because it tastes really bad and is genuinely Burgh.

Primanti's rules. The one's at the park aren't as good as from the genuine restaurant but still damn fine.

steveironcity
06-15-2006, 10:03 PM
When I go to games I generally drink exlusively Aaaarn City, because it tastes really bad and is genuinely Burgh.

Primanti's rules. The one's at the park aren't as good as from the genuine restaurant but still damn fine.

Dont make me sacrifice you for insulting Iron

steveironcity
06-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Does that go for me as well? :gulp:

Sure... The more the merrier

SOXintheBURGH
06-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Dont make me sacrifice you for insulting Iron

LOL..

I love Iron City. Aluminum bottles!? What a world!

I actually think its a lot lot better than Bud or Miller or Coors and its usually cheaper.

steveironcity
06-15-2006, 10:12 PM
LOL..

I love Iron City. Aluminum bottles!? What a world!

I actually think its a lot lot better than Bud or Miller or Coors and its usually cheaper.

No problem... After living 6 years in the army with no hometown beer, I had to be loyal.

steveironcity
06-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Geez.. i found out tonight my mom and dad get to go the game on the 28th FOR FREE!! And SIT IN THE CLUB SEATS!!!! My moms department at her work got tickets from a client, and they get the pampered treatment.

GOGOGOPODS
06-16-2006, 08:46 PM
My sister, dad, and I are attending Wednesday's game right behind the sox dugout. Good father's day gift and I can't wait to attend there ballpark and check another one of the list. GO sox!!

steveironcity
06-16-2006, 08:56 PM
My sister, dad, and I are attending Wednesday's game right behind the sox dugout. Good father's day gift and I can't wait to attend there ballpark and check another one of the list. GO sox!!

Cool, ill have to meet you and buy you a drink :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
06-18-2006, 01:10 AM

Am I correct in assuming that the visitor's dugout at PNC on the 1st base side, or is it one of those ballparks where the visitor's occupy the 3rd base dugout?

steveironcity
06-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Am I correct in assuming that the visitor's dugout at PNC on the 1st base side, or is it one of those ballparks where the visitor's occupy the 3rd base dugout?

Yes

MrT27
06-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I should be there for the Thursday game. I have a question, does Pittsburgh have a good mass transportation system? I will be flying in in the morning and leaving at night so I can't use a hotel shuttle. Also I really don't want to rent a car. If they don't have anything good how plentiful are taxis and how much around is the fare from PNC to the airport?

D. TODD
06-18-2006, 08:57 PM
A buddy of mine is in Pittsburgh for the next two weeks for work, so If I can find a decent airfare I'm headed to the "burgh" next week with a free hotel to stay in. Just got back from Cincy, next stop Pitt. :gulp:

WestSider
06-19-2006, 12:06 PM
There will be 6 of us there:

Wednesday night
Section 120 Row K

Thursday day
Bleacher Section 133 Row G

Any plans for meeting up at a local bar before Wednesday's game?

Also, anyone flying out Weds morning or returning Friday morning on United Airlines? PM me and I'll sponsor you for a first-class upgrade.

MUsoxfan
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
I should be there for the Thursday game. I have a question, does Pittsburgh have a good mass transportation system? I will be flying in in the morning and leaving at night so I can't use a hotel shuttle. Also I really don't want to rent a car. If they don't have anything good how plentiful are taxis and how much around is the fare from PNC to the airport?

There's a bus that takes you from the airport to downtown and drops you off like 1/2 mile away from PNC. I think it's $2 each way or something like that

Jurr
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
There will be 6 of us there:

Wednesday night
Section 120 Row K

Thursday day
Bleacher Section 133 Row G

Any plans for meeting up at a local bar before Wednesday's game?

Also, anyone flying out Weds morning or returning Friday morning on United Airlines? PM me and I'll sponsor you for a first-class upgrade.
Hightops is the place that we've been discussing. Right next to the ball park.

MrT27
06-19-2006, 05:24 PM
There's a bus that takes you from the airport to downtown and drops you off like 1/2 mile away from PNC. I think it's $2 each way or something like thatAwesome, just the info I needed, thanks!

Chips
06-19-2006, 06:09 PM
There's a bus that takes you from the airport to downtown and drops you off like 1/2 mile away from PNC. I think it's $2 each way or something like that

Excellent. Mike, we need to do this.

steveironcity
06-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Hightops is the place that we've been discussing. Right next to the ball park.

Make sure you give me the details

ChiSoxGirl
06-21-2006, 04:37 PM
A last minute change of plans for me, but I'm still going. Rather than driving the 8 hours, I just bought a last minute (and rather affordable) fare on Southwest. Instead of going to all three games like I originally planned, I'm in for the Tuesday and Wednesday games. See everybody there next week!

robiwho
06-21-2006, 04:48 PM
A last minute change of plans for me, but I'm still going. Rather than driving the 8 hours, I just bought a last minute (and rather affordable) fare on Southwest. Instead of going to all three games like I originally planned, I'm in for the Tuesday and Wednesday games. See everybody there next week!

I'm so happy you're still going! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

ChiSoxGirl
06-21-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm so happy you're still going! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

So am I. I was convinced by a few people, who shall remain nameless, to go ahead with this.

steveironcity
06-21-2006, 05:06 PM
I hope everybody is ready to see the best ballpark in baseball!!!

http://www.digitalballparks.com/National/Pittsburgh_640_1.html

Baby Fisk
06-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I hope everybody is ready to see the best ballpark in baseball!!!

http://www.digitalballparks.com/National/Pittsburgh_640_1.html
Did they get rid of the "vertigo" outfield?

steveironcity
06-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Did they get rid of the "vertigo" outfield?
As of last weekend... no. But it dosent jump out at you during night games.

Baby Fisk
06-21-2006, 05:15 PM
So is there a consensus about the location of pre-game gatherings? I'm travelling solo, and would like to meet some friendlies (assuming you'd like to meet me!).

steveironcity
06-21-2006, 05:44 PM
So is there a consensus about the location of pre-game gatherings? I'm travelling solo, and would like to meet some friendlies (assuming you'd like to meet me!).

I should be around tuesday. (assuming I dont work 10s next week) Its not a big area, so its not hard to meet up with people.

MrT27
06-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I want to pick up some food before or after the game. Any suggestions on where to do thats with in walking distance?

Chips
06-21-2006, 05:48 PM
So am I. I was convinced by a few people, who shall remain nameless, to go ahead with this.

:dancers::Rocker::moonwalk::whistle:

steveironcity
06-21-2006, 05:49 PM
I want to pick up some food before or after the game. Any suggestions on where to do thats with in walking distance?

Hightops and Firewaters, bars across the street from the park have good food. Finnegans Wake (irish bar), is a block way. There is a brand new place located in the hotel across the street called Soho. I dont know if its just a club, or if it sells food. There is an Outback Steakhouse in the park, and you can get to it from the outside. Also, Atrias (kinda like Applebees) and Vincents Pizza, along with a deli are connected to the park.

MrT27
06-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Hightops and Firewaters, bars across the street from the park have good food. Finnegans Wake (irish bar), is a block way. There is a brand new place located in the hotel across the street called Soho. I dont know if its just a club, or if it sells food. There is an Outback Steakhouse in the park, and you can get to it from the outside. Also, Atrias (kinda like Applebees) and Vincents Pizza, along with a deli are connected to the park.Awesome thanks!

ChiSoxGirl
06-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I should be around tuesday. (assuming I dont work 10s next week) Its not a big area, so its not hard to meet up with people.

I'll be arriving on Tuesday, as well, and would like to meet up with you guys, too.

chisoxmike
06-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Excellent. Mike, we need to do this.

Makes no sense you busted leg... we wont need to leave for the game when we arrive in PIT since it will be around 11:30am.

The hotel has a free bus to the park.

Scottiehaswheels
06-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm just hoping we get a lil more fight out of the pirates... otherwise... yawn

Chips
06-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Makes no sense you busted leg... we wont need to leave for the game when we arrive in PIT since it will be around 11:30am.

The hotel has a free bus to the park.

Yeah.

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Be sure to carefully document the festivities for all of us to see. And, have fun there in the Burgh next week while I'm baking in Austin, Texas!

RadioheadRocks
06-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Everything you need to know about riding the Duquesne Incline (http://www.incline.cc/). There's a parking lot at the bottom, near the river and some restaurants with amazing views at the top. I highly recommend the Grandview Saloon (http://www.grandviewsaloon.com/). The picture on the webpage is exactly the same as the view from your table in the bar / restaurant.
:gulp:

Thanks for the link. Been to Pittsburgh a couple times but haven't done the Incline yet (I know... "BAD Radiohead! BAD Radiohead!!!"). Really looking forward to experiencing it this time around!

Baby Fisk
06-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the link. Been to Pittsburgh a couple times but haven't done the Incline yet (I know... "BAD Radiohead! BAD Radiohead!!!"). Really looking forward to experiencing it this time around!
It's the first thing I plan to do after dumping my suitcase at the hotel. :thumbsup:

SOXintheBURGH
06-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Yinz need to let me know where you'll be sitting on Tuesday as it will be the only game I'm going to be able for partaying. I actually haven't even gotten my seat yet for it. :o:

Wed and Thursday I will be familying it up behind the dug out. N'at.

A.T. Money
06-23-2006, 12:06 AM
I would love to see PNC but there is no way I can pull it off during the week. You would need to get a quick flight via Southwest and try to get home the same night. I am crazy enough to try that, but I don't think I can pull it off.

BBaum21
06-23-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm flying out Monday to see a college buddy and I'm going to all three games. PNC is awesome. One of the best parks I've ever been to. I was out there in May 2004 when Mackowiak went nuts in that doubleheader v. the Cubs. Very sweet!

Baby Fisk
06-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Yinz need to let me know where you'll be sitting on Tuesday as it will be the only game I'm going to be able for partaying. I actually haven't even gotten my seat yet for it. :o:

Ah sent yews a PM. I've got an UD ticky for Tuesday, LD Wednesday.

Baby Fisk
06-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Any good used or antiquarian bookstores in the Burgh? I'd like to add some more leatherbound books to the collection. :cool:

Baby Fisk
06-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Burgh: your mailbox is full. :gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
06-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Does anyone who's familiar with PNC know where Will Call is? Is there a particular ticket window that I have to go to? I just ordered my tickets and have to pick them up there on Tuesday.

steveironcity
06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Does anyone who's familiar with PNC know where Will Call is? Is there a particular ticket window that I have to go to? I just ordered my tickets and have to pick them up there on Tuesday.

You can pick up will call tickets at any ticket window. Just have an ID, and the Card you used to purchase!!

ChiSoxGirl
06-23-2006, 04:46 PM
You can pick up will call tickets at any ticket window. Just have an ID, and the Card you used to purchase!!

Thanks for the info.! :thumbsup:

My ticket for Tuesday is in Sec. 113 Row R, and on Wednesday, I'm sitting with Chips in Sec. 112 Row U- behind the Sox dugout! :bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
06-25-2006, 11:29 PM

Anyone else staying at the Westin?

I'm at the Westin for the 27th & 28, too. Everything is set! :bandance:

Chips
06-26-2006, 12:26 AM

What the **** man? I'm only going to be there on Wed. and Thurs.

Chips
06-26-2006, 01:32 AM
I'm at the Westin for the 27th & 28, too. Everything is set! :bandance:

Mike and I are the Westin too.

Scottiehaswheels
06-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Is it possible to upgrade your tix at PNC?

woodsdavid
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
If you can find the time and the rivers are running, whitewater rafting on the Laurel Highlands is a blast. I'm going to butcher the name, but we rafted the Upper Youghiohegny River (pronounced YACK a HAY knee).
Not far from Pittsburgh at all.
:supernana:

RadioheadRocks
06-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Just checked out Weather.com... forecast doesn't look too promising for Pittsburgh the next couple of days. :(:

Cavahoo
06-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Can't make Tuesday...but will make Wenesday night and Thursday afternoon games. WSI party anywhere??

MUsoxfan
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Just checked out Weather.com... forecast doesn't look too promising for Pittsburgh the next couple of days. :(:

Tuesday rain gives way to Wednesday sun

Wed (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USPA1290?dayNum=2)
Jun 28
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/30.gif Partly Cloudy 79/63