PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight

NonetheLoaiza
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Maybe it's just me, but lately on Baseball Tonight, they have had multiple 'on the phone' segments with various players. I saw one with Thome the other day that I liked, but that was only because it was Thome. Otherwise, I think this segment is totally ludicrous. The concept doesn't suck, so much as how often they use it. Tonight, they had Joe Maddon, Mark Prior, Bronson Arroyo, and others after that...all in the span of about 10 minutes. I was just getting tired of hearing Karl Ravech interview these guys and their typical 'take it one game at a time...i feel good' cliche type answers. Just seems goofy to me.

lumpyspun
04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but lately on Baseball Tonight, they have had multiple 'on the phone' segments with various players. I saw one with Thome the other day that I liked, but that was only because it was Thome. Otherwise, I think this segment is totally ludicrous. The concept doesn't suck, so much as how often they use it. Tonight, they had Joe Maddon, Mark Prior, Bronson Arroyo, and others after that...all in the span of about 10 minutes. I was just getting tired of hearing Karl Ravech interview these guys and their typical 'take it one game at a time...i feel good' cliche type answers. Just seems goofy to me.

Ravech is a terrible interviewer in these segments. The dudes barely even get a few words out and he's already asking the next question. You are right, it is really annoying. I think they are trying to be creative and this is their idea for this year.

Chisox003
04-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I think they are trying to be creative and this is their idea for this year.
And it's terrible

NDSox12
04-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Who thought that would be a good idea? The only reason anyone watches that show is to get the day's highlights. I can't think of one reason why I would want to hear a bunch of phone interviews with players I don't care about.

Max Power
04-11-2006, 10:36 PM
And it's terrible

Nothing could top their fake press conferences with Steve Phillips as the GM. I watched one of those for 2 seconds and was appalled. One of the worst things ESPN has even shown, and that's saying something.

NonetheLoaiza
04-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Nothing could top their fake press conferences with Steve Phillips as the GM. I watched one of those for 2 seconds and was appalled. One of the worst things ESPN has even shown, and that's saying something.

Oh, I loved that idea. One of the worst general managers to ever be a part of the game, and they thought, 'wait a second, i have an idea...' Brutal.

fusillirob1983
04-11-2006, 10:43 PM
I just figured they were doing the phone interviews to promote ESPN mobile or whatever it's called.

Tragg
04-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Phillips is okay...he's not mean-spirited (not saying he knows much, but he seems like a good guy). They had Thome on the phone last night I think.

Where's brantley been? Now he can be a jerk.

Chisox003
04-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Phillips is okay...he's not mean-spirited (not saying he knows much, but he seems like a good guy). They had Thome on the phone last night I think.

Where's brantley been? Now he can be a jerk. See my sig :cool:

He's a typical ESPN (brainless) goon.

Maybe his mullet gel/grease seeps into his noggin and causes brain farts :dunno: