PDA

View Full Version : Nominees named for the initial College Baseball Hall of Fame induction class

SouthSide_HitMen
04-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Story

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaabb/news;_ylt=Ammjm_qQSYHCCzz1uhoBmxs5nYcB?slug=ap-halloffame&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ballot

http://www.collegebaseballfoundation.org/files/2006/misc/pdf/hof_ballotlist.pdf

OkStateSox will be furious to learn the College Baseball Hall of Fame will be located in Lubbock, Texas (but will be pleased when he sees Oklahoma State stars Robin Ventura and Pete Incaviglia on the ballot (and coach Gary Ward).

Players I was excited to see (besides my Crimson Tide star and former Met Dave Magadan) were former White Sox Robin Ventura and (MLB Hall of Famer) Ted Lyons (Baylor) as well as MLB Hall of Famers Dave Winfield, Paul Molitor, Christy Mathewson, former Crimson Tide player Joe "Rip" Sewell, Frankie Frisch and of course Lou Gehrig (and also soon to be inducted Barry Larkin).

College Baseball is getting more exposure each year (I love it except for the aluminum bats) and it is about time college athletes competing in our greatest sport are honored.

Roll Tide!!!

NonetheLoaiza
04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
College Baseball is getting more exposure each year (I love it except for the aluminum bats) and it is about time college athletes competing in our greatest sport are honored.

Man...I love that ping, what are you talking about? :D:

Go Devils...

TheKittle
04-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Man...I love that ping, what are you talking about? :D:

Go Devils...

Now that "Gorilla Ball" in college is over, remember that 21-14, Final game a few years ago, I can live with college baseball. Back in the late 90's to early 2000's it was crazy seeing some of the hits because of the bats.

OkStateSox
04-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Story
OkStateSox will be furious to learn the College Baseball Hall of Fame will be located in Lubbock, Texas (but will be pleased when he sees Oklahoma State stars Robin Ventura and Pete Incaviglia on the ballot (and coach Gary Ward).

Hmm, I guess you cant have the wrestling hof and the college baseball hof in the same small city, or else Stillwater would be an ideal location. Lubbock is no place for it, its no place for anything of course. It rains mud, however if Inky and/or Ventura get in I will have to brave the mud showers and make a trek down their to pay my respect (I'll probably go down their for a football or basketball game next year anyway). If Inky doesnt get in first try the thing is a joke, he was incredible during his college years. Ventura wasnt bad either.

OkStateSox
04-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Now that "Gorilla Ball" in college is over, remember that 21-14, Final game a few years ago, I can live with college baseball. Back in the late 90's to early 2000's it was crazy seeing some of the hits because of the bats.
Take a look at OSU's results over the last couple of years. It seems like 14-11 is a low scoring game for us now. 27-17 isnt even weird to see for me anymore. Gary Ward ball is back (just without pitching) in Stillwater.