PDA

View Full Version : soxfest '02

mike squires
01-21-2002, 05:40 PM
i have ordered my soxfest 02 tix. this is my first one. what can i expect? are the crowds overwhelming or comfortable? long lines for autographs? what is the garage sale like? i've been wanting the video they used to seel at the park called "Through the Years" it is narrated by the guy that does the christmas story. could i possibly find it there or is it just your basic memorbillia? i've heard a list of older players from the 70's including eric soderholm, bill melton, wilbur wood, billy peirce and moose. has anybody heard of other players? will hawk and DJ be there? do they sign? sorry for all the questions, i just want to come prepared! thanks, michael

Foulke You
01-21-2002, 06:34 PM
SoxFest is pretty fun and for the most part is painless except the driving and parking. (UGH!) Anyway, Saturday is usually the busiest day and if you want to meet the really popular players like Maggs or Konerko, I suggest getting in line at the signing tables early because they cut it off after a certain point in the line. The program at the door explains where everything is and who is signing where and on what day. Some players are only there for 1 day so I suggest you call the Sox and ask if there is one particular player's autograph you're looking for. The memorabilia is pretty plentiful but don't expect something as large as a comic book show or the Auto Show. There is a good amount of dealers though and I've gotten some cool Sox stuff there. You might be able to find your video. Hawk and DJ were there last year on Friday, I think because they usually host the Sox Fest pre-season special on Fox Sports Net. Maggs, Foulke, Buehrle, Sandy, Liefer, and a host of others are scheduled to attend. Hope that helps!

PaleHoseGeorge
01-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
i have ordered my soxfest 02 tix. this is my first one. what can i expect? are the crowds overwhelming or comfortable? long lines for autographs? what is the garage sale like? i've been wanting the video they used to seel at the park called "Through the Years" it is narrated by the guy that does the christmas story. could i possibly find it there or is it just your basic memorbillia? i've heard a list of older players from the 70's including eric soderholm, bill melton, wilbur wood, billy peirce and moose. has anybody heard of other players? will hawk and DJ be there? do they sign? sorry for all the questions, i just want to come prepared! thanks, michael

The video you're thinking of is White Sox--A Visual History. The narrator is the deceased Sox Fan, humorist Jean Shepherd. There are always several booths selling Sox memorabilia, but the chances of finding that video are pretty slim. It's over 12 years old. Your best bet is to watch the auctions at eBay.

Lines can be long, especially for popular players like Maggs and Konerko. Old-timers draw lesser crowds. The Comiskey Garage Sale is always jammed. There are lots of professional dealers looking for bargains, which means there aren't as many to be had as you might hope for. Hawk and DJ are always there, though accessibility may be limited.

Please stop by the WSI booth. We've got plenty of surprises to unveil between now and SoxFest.

Spiff
01-21-2002, 08:09 PM
George do you think membership will increase alot after Soxfest? The publicity can't hurt.

Chisox_cali
01-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The video you're thinking of is White Sox--A Visual History. The narrator is the deceased Sox Fan, humorist Jean Shepherd. There are always several booths selling Sox memorabilia, but the chances of finding that video are pretty slim. It's over 12 years old. Your best bet is to watch the auctions at eBay.

I found it on AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6304961936/qid=1011662604/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_12_3/104-5476973-1241520) Limited Availibility Though