PDA

View Full Version : TSN's Sox Report, interesting...

MaggPipes
01-21-2002, 04:40 PM
I haven't been on here in awhile but anyway, here is some very exciting that i found in the Sox report on the Sporting News Site...HOT STOVE UPDATE

While no major deals are in the works, the team still is trying to move Singleton, and the Texas Rangers are an option. The team would strongly consider a straight-up trade of Singleton for Gabe Kapler.

Huisj
01-21-2002, 04:50 PM
doubt texas would go for that trade though, we'd have to throw something else in there I bet

Daver
01-21-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
doubt texas would go for that trade though, we'd have to throw something else in there I bet

Give them Royce back.

An outfeild of C.Lee,Kapler,and Magglio scares the hell out of me though.

Chisox_cali
01-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by daver

Give them Royce back.

An outfeild of C.Lee,Kapler,and Magglio scares the hell out of me though.

scare in a good or bad way?

Daver
01-21-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

scare in a good or bad way?

Put it this way,I can see the pitchers all quitting en masse.

Chisox_cali
01-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Kapler was born in Hollywood and I dont trust anything from there. Been there to many times to think otherwise

Nellie_Fox
01-22-2002, 12:38 AM
Gabe Kapler? Why the heck do we want the guy from "Welcome Back, Kotter?" He's got to be in his sixties. :D:

Jjav829
01-22-2002, 12:45 AM
http://members.aol.com/Dave7373/Kotter.JPG

"You don't think I can play?"

Nellie_Fox
01-22-2002, 12:50 AM
The funny thing is, after I posted, I did a search on Gabe Kaplan (http://www.comediansusa.com/celebs2/kaplan_gabe.html), and found out that his first ambition in life was to be a major league baseball player. He was quoted as saying he still hasn't given up on being one.

Daver
01-22-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
The funny thing is, after I posted, I did a search on Gabe Kaplan, and found out that his first ambition in life was to be a major league baseball player. He was quoted as saying he still hasn't given up on being one.

*****!!!!!!

Good one Nellie.

longshot7
01-22-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Kapler was born in Hollywood and I dont trust anything from there. Been there to many times to think otherwise

Hey! I live in Hollywood. Watch it....

MikeKreevich
01-22-2002, 12:24 PM
:canseco
If the Sox resign Jose, he is going to need a training partner.

MattSharp
01-22-2002, 01:17 PM
I have always thought quite highly of Gabe Kapler. He has pretty much got lost in the mix in Texas. He and Mateo were suppose to be their future. Now Mateo is gone and Kapler is they 4th guy pretty much.

Singleton for Kapler would have me creaming in my pants. Anyone for Singleton is good, and a guy like Kapler is golden...

wulfy
01-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I have always thought quite highly of Gabe Kapler. He has pretty much got lost in the mix in Texas. He and Mateo were suppose to be their future. Now Mateo is gone and Kapler is they 4th guy pretty much.

I saw Kapler play in AA Ball when he was in the Tigers farm system. He and Juan Encarcion were considered the two "can't miss" prospects on the Jacksonville Suns.

Kapler has all the tools to be a very good defensive outfielder, but he doesn't have the experience. I'm not sure what he gives you versus a Singleton or an Aaron Rowand.

RichH55
01-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by wulfy

I saw Kapler play in AA Ball when he was in the Tigers farm system. He and Juan Encarcion were considered the two "can't miss" prospects on the Jacksonville Suns.

Kapler has all the tools to be a very good defensive outfielder, but he doesn't have the experience. I'm not sure what he gives you versus a Singleton or an Aaron Rowand.

I've been over it in a bunch of other threads, but Kapler is better to have at this point than Singleton....put me in the Kapler camp