PDA

View Full Version : Has Andy Sisco ever gotten anyone out?

Tekijawa
04-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Just watching the Royals Yanks game on Yahoo, and I Know the Sox pound him every time he comes in and now the Yankees are doing the same... I was wondering why they keep throwing him when it's pretty clear to me that the guy is pretty hittable out there?!?!!?!?

batmanZoSo
04-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Just watching the Royals Yanks game on Yahoo, and I Know the Sox pound him every time he comes in and now the Yankees are doing the same... I was wondering why they keep throwing him when it's pretty clear to me that the guy is pretty hittable out there?!?!!?!?

I guess there's a market for 6'10" lefties with a funky delivery. He does suck royally, though. Pun intended. Or was it? Yes it was...

CHISOXFAN13
04-11-2006, 04:12 PM
I guess there's a market for 6'10" lefties with a funky delivery. He does suck royally, though. Pun intended. Or was it? Yes it was...

To be fair, he was pretty solid last year. Unless a 3.11 ERA is considered awful.

Tekijawa
04-11-2006, 04:21 PM
To be fair, he was pretty solid last year. Unless a 3.11 ERA is considered awful.

As of right now, this year, it's 21 and that is awful.

NUCatsFan
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I went to the game last year against the Royals where we won 2-1 by scoring 2 runs in the 8th by getting like 3 walks. I remember thinking about the ex-Cub factor

Craig Grebeck
04-11-2006, 04:51 PM
As of right now, this year, it's 21 and that is awful.

Small sample size?

Hangar18
04-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Ex-Cub. Something happens, when you put on that clown-ish, blue and white pinstriped jersey, with the little league logo of bear walking, and the equally clown-ish hat with the red C on it.

Some players arent affected by it. Others however ...................

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2006, 05:00 PM
He's got the dancing plate syndrome.

DumpJerry
04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Ex-Cub. Something happens, when you put on that clown-ish, blue and white pinstriped jersey, with the little league logo of bear walking, and the equally clown-ish hat with the red C on it.

Some players arent affected by it. Others however ...................
:jon
Which category do I fit in, Hangar?

Mickster
04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
:jon
Which category do I fit in, Hangar?

Talk to me at the end of this year, Jon. You looked an awful lot like 2004's Jon "One Big Inning" Garland to me last outing.....:cool:

chaerulez
04-11-2006, 07:45 PM
It's just the first week of the season. He was good last year, so until he sucks for an extended period of time, I'm going to still consider him a decent arm. With this logic, we could also say that Podsednik is terrible just because he's having a bad opening week.

Banix12
04-11-2006, 09:06 PM
I basically just think the White Sox are his kryptonite. I saw him a lot of times last year where he threw the ball real well. Just everytime he came in against the sox bad things happened.

He's not great but I think there is some potential for great success in the future. His WHIP was around 1.46 last season and he does have a tendency to get in trouble with walks. But factor in that he basically jumped from A ball last season to the majors as a rule 5 pick and had a pretty decent season.

TheOldRoman
04-11-2006, 09:20 PM
With this logic, we could also say that Podsednik is terrible just because he's having a bad opening week.
Where have you been? In the clubhouse there is a thread filled with whining from people with rectal spasms who think Scotty his horrible, he has lost a step, his 2005 was a fluke, and he will probably cost them the season. One particular imbecile has Podsednik out of the league in two years.

But yes, I agree with your point.