PDA

View Full Version : horrible surface in san fran

nug0hs
04-10-2006, 08:55 PM
There has been much discussion lately about the horrible playing surface in San Francisco. Yesterday, Chipper Jones' season took a dramatic halt after he slipped and landed hard on his knee going after an infield bouncer. Brian Giles also strained his quadricep while running the basepaths and was forced to leave the game as well. You can see on any television screen how poor the field has become, with a concert being held on the field in March. The outfield looks just as bad with big brown patches everywhere. I guess the question is, how long does the league let this go on before doing something about it? Two players getting hurt in one game and the entire team complaining should be enough. Your thoughts?

Soxfanspcu11
04-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Selig wants Bonds to slip on that horrible mud in left and finish off his knee so that he not only does not break HA's record but Ruth's as well.

That way they don't have to worry about what to do for a celebration and such.

I'm joking, but maybe I shouldn't be!:tongue:

DrummerGeorgefan
04-10-2006, 10:51 PM
that surface truly looked to be one of the worst i've ever seen in the past 20 years of baseball. i understand that SF has had some rain recently, but still, the grass was unbefitting of MLB. I could see that this would be ok years ago, but when the Sodfather can get green, thick grass in chicago on April 1, it really speaks volumes about SF's committment to baseball.

ilsox7
04-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Good news is that Chipper only sprained his knee and ankle and will be back in a couple of weeks.

Bad news is that Chipper is already 34 and I remember him being a young kid with a lot of potential. Time certainly flies!

skobabe8
04-11-2006, 11:56 AM
On the close-up replay of the Chipper injury you can see the grass give way like it was just green mud. Looks terrible.

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Bond's knee will have to blow out before it gets fixed.

gobears1987
04-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Selig wants Bonds to slip on that horrible mud in left and finish off his knee so that he not only does not break HA's record but Ruth's as well.

That way they don't have to worry about what to do for a celebration and such.

I'm joking, but maybe I shouldn't be!:tongue:If that is the case, then no complaints. ANything that injures Bonds or kills him is fine with me. (no sarcasm from me)