PDA

View Full Version : KC Trip

Mots09
04-10-2006, 06:48 PM
I was a great time to make it to KC, other than the horrible debacle on Friday and Saturday.

I got to meet Mark B's uncle who was very knowledgeable about the game, and has seen Mark throw in over 15 different locations. One thing I didn't know is that players are only allowed 6 tickets per game for friends and families. If a player get tickets from another player they compensate them b/c the person giving up the tickets gets taxed on them.

Mark's uncle stated he is still a huge Cardinal fan, but is loving the White Sox organization. One thing he said that I thought was intriuging was when I brought up Mark's commments in regards to the Card's and his desire to play w/ them. He stated he said that to kind of take a swing at Uncle Jerry, b/c early on in Mark's career JR tried to sign him to a long term deal at a pretty low pay :) Thought that was kind of funny.

Oh yeah and Mark has 100 first cousins... That blows my mind

JoeClutch24
04-10-2006, 08:45 PM
You met Buehrle's uncle?! I sat next to Crede's uncle twice. It was a good trip, just sucked the first 2!

eurotrash35
04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
"white sox suck!"

"kiss the ring, buddy"

Funny how nobody with brooms on Sunday wanted to talk after the game.

MUsoxfan
04-10-2006, 10:49 PM

That seems embellished a little. Not 99, not 101, but 100? Sounds like a tall-tale. I'll look into that

chisoxmike
04-10-2006, 11:44 PM
I went to the three games this weekend too, I ran into Crede's cousin and we were both pissed that Crede grounded into that DP on Saturday. The fans gave us **** more so on Saturday.

Dumb Royals fan moment:

Royals fan "Hey AJ, go back to Minnesota!!!"
chisoxmike: "He'll still be in the same division."
Royals fan: (silence)

JB98
04-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Anyone have any advice on what hotel to stay in near Kaufmann Stadium? I'm planning to attend the Sox-Royals series from July 31-August 2.

Mots09
04-11-2006, 12:46 PM
We stayed at the Super 8 in Independence and that was only 54.00 a night. Not a bad place and only 3.0 miles from the ball park. Also have a great bar across the street at the American Inn, just make sure you have you ID:D:

There is a Drury Inn across the street from the ballpark w/ a walkway to walk there, but beware there rates are over 100 a night, and they CHARGE your credit card when you make the reservation.

Law11
04-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I stayed at the Crown Plaza last time I went. About a 15 min ride in off the expressway. Shopping/Restaurants etc..

wxkid23
04-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I was at the series too.

A couple observations:

1. KC fans must really be desperate for a win now days.. they were MUCH more mouthy and rude than usual towards our team/fans.

2. Does Kansas University play at Kauffman? I seem to have seen nearly as much KU apparel as Royals. Not to mention, I would say half the stadium Friday and Saturday was of loud, obnoxious, drunk college kids.

3. Bob Jenks is really big... his legs are huge. He needs slimfast ASAP.

4. Thornton has a nice fastball.. was in the mid 90's and touched 97. He needs an offspeed pitch he can locate.

ewokpelts
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I was a great time to make it to KC, other than the horrible debacle on Friday and Saturday.

I got to meet Mark B's uncle who was very knowledgeable about the game, and has seen Mark throw in over 15 different locations. One thing I didn't know is that players are only allowed 6 tickets per game for friends and families. If a player get tickets from another player they compensate them b/c the person giving up the tickets gets taxed on them.

Mark's uncle stated he is still a huge Cardinal fan, but is loving the White Sox organization. One thing he said that I thought was intriuging was when I brought up Mark's commments in regards to the Card's and his desire to play w/ them. He stated he said that to kind of take a swing at Uncle Jerry, b/c early on in Mark's career JR tried to sign him to a long term deal at a pretty low pay :) Thought that was kind of funny.

Most players just flat out buy tickets now, due to the tax codes.
Griffey joked about planning to buy 30 season ticket packages for the cubs becuase of all the relatives he has here.
Gene