PDA

View Full Version : dark clouds go away-it's only 7 games into the season

richb2
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
wow some of the dark clouds are going to have an anxiety attack and have a heart attack by the third week of the season. That might not be half bad lol. All teams have a hang over after winning the world series and they have not played to much together as a complete team. Please leave our lead off hitter alone-he will start hittign in the near future. It is better tio have a slump now than in the crunch games. This teamis just too good and deep not too win a ton of games. This team is not even hot and they are hovering around 500 baseball wait untill they get going--dark clouds please go away

South Side
04-10-2006, 08:40 PM
It is really obnoxious. Some people just don't know how to handle their emotions. It's one thing to vent about bad plays and sloppiness in the first week but to actually have emotional breakdowns and predict 3rd place finishes is not only melodramatic it's creepy. Clearly, no one likes to see them lose but geez... and the bottom line is, it's not going to change. After every loss you're going to have the pyscho's out in full force (along with the people that yell at them). These posters need to know where to draw the line. Go to therapy if you really need it.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Er....probably the reason this thread only has two replies is because, oh, I don't know...

maybe because we have pulled to within one game of .500?

maybe because if you check out today's game thread, you won't see many dark clouds?

I would never deign to speak for my brethren--or sistren--on WSI, but I would venture to say that very few of us are conceding anything this early in the season.

Dark clouds??

flo-B-flo
04-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Baseball is not for the instant gratification crowd. It is one lllllllllllooooooooogggggg ass slog. There will be severe mood swings. Losing streaks, and of course winning streaks. Great plays and lousy **** where it's unwatchable. Baseball is unpredictable which lends itself to hope. With the competition the Sox will have this year, it will make them better or not. Stay tuned.

MadetoOrta
04-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Thank you for this post.

richb2
04-11-2006, 07:30 PM
First of all mary swiss I did not say the sox were at .500 baseball I said they were hovering around it after 7 games----------so if you are going to paraphrase me do it correctly and not incorrectly. Yes there have been some panic post on this website already-like hat is wrong with garcia, the defense, our lead off hitter should go down to the minor leagues for starters. I read way to much negativity from a small section of people after the sox were 1-4----was sad. Just maybe skip back a few days when and reread some of the post and then you might correct yourself.

MarySwiss
04-11-2006, 07:54 PM
First of all mary swiss I did not say the sox were at .500 baseball I said they were hovering around it after 7 games----------so if you are going to paraphrase me do it correctly and not incorrectly. Yes there have been some panic post on this website already-like hat is wrong with garcia, the defense, our lead off hitter should go down to the minor leagues for starters. I read way to much negativity from a small section of people after the sox were 1-4----was sad. Just maybe skip back a few days when and reread some of the post and then you might correct yourself.

Wow!

Would you please explain just why the hell you are arguing with me when I was not (completely) disagreeing with you? Actually, I wasn't even responding to you directly, just pointing out that there were probably not--at least IMO and based on the day's game thread--all that many dark clouds around. Moreover, I never said--or implied--that you had said the Sox were at .500. Reread my post.

Finally, although--believe it or not!--I agree with you that there was a "small section of people" who were negative at the 1-4 start, what do posts from a few days ago have to do with the thread you started yesterday?

Please do yourself a favor and wait until you are actually attacked before you fire back. Kinda like I just did.

mccoydp
04-11-2006, 08:09 PM

Hijole...usted tiene cajones grandes!

MarySwiss
04-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Hijole...usted tiene cajones grandes!
Pardon me all to hell, mccoydp, but what does the size of his cajones have to do with anything? This guy is taking offense at something I didn't even say!! Cripes!

REREAD MY POST!!!!! :angry:

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I think the biggest problem is that the Tribe is starting the season like we did last year. That is truly troubling.

MarySwiss
04-11-2006, 08:27 PM
I think the biggest problem is that the Tribe is starting the season like we did last year. That is truly troubling.
Good point, Chicken. But don't you think they got weaker while we got stronger? At least on paper.

I think the biggest intangible in the AL Central will be injuries. I guess we'll see.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-11-2006, 08:32 PM

http://www.flixnjoystix.com/article_images/MovieNewsReel/clerks.jpg
"I don't read posts. I find it best to stay out of other people's affairs."

MarySwiss
04-11-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.flixnjoystix.com/article_images/MovieNewsReel/clerks.jpg
"I don't read posts. I find it best to stay out of other people's affairs."

I don't know what it is, Yoda, but you and Batman always make me think of Heckyl and Jeckyl. And before I start hearing about what a bitch I am (again!), I mean that as a compliment!

Hope to see one or both of you crazy kids at the COTC! :D:

Beer Can Chicken
04-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Yeah, they cant lose right now. Me no likey.

Lip Man 1
04-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I thought they would have some issues with a weaker staff and Sabathia out three to five weeks. Doesn't seem to matter to them. They are playing like it was last August.

That's why I was concerned about the first 20 or so games on their schedule. Except for a few games with the Sox it's a cakewalk. They could start out 16-4 like the Sox did last season.

That immediately puts the pressure on the teams following them.

Lip

soxjim
04-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I care what the SOX do. Could care less about the tribe. If they start 16-4 nothing you can do about it as long as the 4 loses are to the SOX.

IlliniSox4Life
04-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Bring on the dark clouds, it only mean's more rain soaked moon shots for big Jim.

mccoydp
04-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Pardon me all to hell, mccoydp, but what does the size of his cajones have to do with anything? This guy is taking offense at something I didn't even say!! Cripes!

Trust me, it was no compliment to him. I was marvelling at his stupidity in taking you to task for your supposed statement in the first place. I was amazed at how brashly he addressed you.

Loosely translated: "Man, you have a lot of nerve, don't you?"

So sorry. I'll go back to my poorly written English next time. :redface:

MarySwiss
04-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Trust me, it was no compliment to him. I was marvelling at his stupidity in taking you to task for your supposed statement in the first place. I was amazed at how brashly he addressed you.

Loosely translated: "Man, you have a lot of nerve, don't you?"

So sorry. I'll go back to my poorly written English next time. :redface:

No, my bad; I understood what you were saying; I just misinterpreted it. I guess I was still cranky about his comment. I tend to get that way when someone attacks me for no damn reason. :wink:

Baby Fisk
04-12-2006, 09:59 AM
It's not so much the early jitterers, but the one poster in particular whose every post is frought with such despair you wonder why he's a fan in the first place. I've never met someone with as little faith or belief in his own team.

soxfan13
04-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Cant we all just get along LOL:D:

daveeym
04-12-2006, 10:09 AM
It's not so much the early jitterers, but the one poster in particular whose every post is frought with such despair you wonder why he's a fan in the first place. I've never met someone with as little faith or belief in his own team.Out him allready, it's VOODOO. Damn pessimist.

Baby Fisk
04-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Out him allready, it's VOODOO. Damn pessimist.
I didn't want to call him out, but jeez, Voodoo! You make the French Army look courageous! :cool:

mccoydp
04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
I didn't want to call him out, but jeez, Voodoo! You make the French Army look courageous! :cool:

Somebody call me?

:cleo

batmanZoSo
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't know what it is, Yoda, but you and Batman always make me think of Heckyl and Jeckyl. And before I start hearing about what a bitch I am (again!), I mean that as a compliment!

Hope to see one or both of you crazy kids at the COTC! :D:

Mary,

Are you saying JBY and I are two identical magpies who calmly outwit their foes whilst maintaining a mischievous streak on par with Woody Woodpecker?

MarySwiss
04-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Mary,

Are you saying JBY and I are two identical magpies who calmly outwit their foes whilst maintaining a mischievous streak on par with Woody Woodpecker?

Only if you like the characterization, ZoSo! :D:

White Sox Randy
04-12-2006, 11:17 AM
I feel really good about the Sox right now. Basically, they have not been clicking at all and they are still 3-4. The team ERA is 5 and the team BA is .236.

They will be much better. They have a ton of talent. They should be fine. If this was 7 games in June, no one would say a word.

We can't help what Cleveland is doing right now - their offense is on fire...hitting .320 something. That won't last either.

But, if Cleveland wins 100+ games, that's not the Sox fault. I still believe that the Sox will win this division and win 95+ games. I'm not worried.

PaulDrake
04-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Are we going to go through this again? Every criticism or sign of worry does not necessarily make on a "dark cloud". It's a long season and there will be ups and downs. Some of us wear our White Sox hearts on our sleeves. Anyway, on the plus side it's great to see what Thome and the starters are doing. As for Cleveland, I'm still not sold on their pitching. It's going to be a long tough year, but I expect the Sox to be in the playoffs again.

SOecks
04-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Threads like this really bother me. The "Anti Dark Cloud" people have become MUCH more annoying and prevalent than the few actual Dark Clouds around here. It's also annoying to see people using the whole Dark Cloud thing as another excuse to complain-at least when people have concerns they tend to post legitimate arguments. Every post in here doesn't need to be teddy bears and roses you know?

ode to veeck
04-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Threads like this really bother me. The "Anti Dark Cloud" people have become MUCH more annoying and prevalent than the few actual Dark Clouds around here. It's also annoying to see people using the whole Dark Cloud thing as another excuse to complain-at least when people have concerns they tend to post legitimate arguments. Every post in here doesn't need to be teddy bears and roses you know?

Given the overall history of WSI, the dark clouds have a wayy big lead even now, I see no problem with anti-dark cloud threads

SOecks
04-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Given the overall history of WSI, the dark clouds have a wayy big lead even now, I see no problem with anti-dark cloud threads

You've been here much longer than me so I can respect that. I'm just getting here in Summer of '05 so I've had a much different look at things. It just seems goofy to complain about complainers (and here I am complaining about that so I'm not much better I guess). I just don't like how the Dark Cloud Nazis come with their fancy pictures every time someone posts a legit concern or question.

PaulDrake
04-12-2006, 04:03 PM
You've been here much longer than me so I can respect that. I'm just getting here in Summer of '05 so I've had a much different look at things. It just seems goofy to complain about complainers (and here I am complaining about that so I'm not much better I guess). I just don't like how the Dark Cloud Nazis come with their fancy pictures every time someone posts a legit concern or question. I don't like it either and I especially didn't like it last August and September. Many of us have earned the right to worry and to criticize. Still, let's end this positive. How about Jose and Thome today?

JohnBasedowYoda
04-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Only if you like the characterization, ZoSo! :D:

I prefer Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Batman playing the part of brilliant Englishman and I'm the murderous creature that comes out when you least expect it.

MarySwiss
04-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I prefer Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Batman playing the part of brilliant Englishman and I'm the murderous creature that comes out when you least expect it.
Awww, cute!

But here's an idea; why don't we create a whole new literary work? (Damn! I've always wanted to create a whole new literary work!) We can call it Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hekyll.

ZoSo plays the brilliant Englishman, and you are the mischievious magpie that comes out when we least expect it and beats up Woody Woodpecker, thus making the world safe for hardwood trees.

So, whaddaya think?

White Sox Randy
04-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Since when is there something wrong with VENTING!

once in a while is ok

JohnBasedowYoda
04-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Awww, cute!

But here's an idea; why don't we create a whole new literary work? (Damn! I've always wanted to create a whole new literary work!) We can call it Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hekyll.

ZoSo plays the brilliant Englishman, and you are the mischievious magpie that comes out when we least expect it and beats up Woody Woodpecker, thus making the world safe for hardwood trees.

So, whaddaya think?

magpie is what I used to call an old girlfriend. so don't call me that please:cool:

MarySwiss
04-13-2006, 09:12 PM
magpie is what I used to call an old girlfriend. so don't call me that please:cool:

Did it ever occur to you that this may be why she's an "old" girlfriend?

JohnBasedowYoda
04-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Did it ever occur to you that this may be why she's an "old" girlfriend?

We went to schools that were 500 miles appart. It was bound to happen. That and she turned psycho-hose-beast

MarySwiss
04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
We went to schools that were 500 miles appart. It was bound to happen. That and she turned psycho-hose-beast

DUDE!!
(oh, wait. That's from another thread.)

Here's a simple rule of thumb: DON'T DATE WOMEN WHO GO TO SCHOOLS THAT ARE 500 MILES AWAY FROM YOUR SCHOOL.

You might want to write that one down. :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
04-14-2006, 02:09 AM
DUDE!!
(oh, wait. That's from another thread.)

Here's a simple rule of thumb: DON'T DATE WOMEN WHO GO TO SCHOOLS THAT ARE 500 MILES AWAY FROM YOUR SCHOOL.

You might want to write that one down. :cool:

Not to get into my life story here but we dated at the tail end of H.S. and then went to different schools.

richb2
04-14-2006, 07:31 PM
hey mary-you are a nice person but reread what you wrote in your first post----youdid come out after me and you said things that I did not say-hope the sox win

flo-B-flo
04-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I reserve the right to become a sudden dark cloud with a heavy rain. Only to return to a sunny disposition. It's called the mood swings of the baseball season.