View Full Version : Monday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
04-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Hit #4,and the Sox never looked back.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4762.jpg

Chicks dig the long ball.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 05:46 PM
What, Daver; nobody questioned your PTC yet? Well, allow me!

Just kidding. Thome was awesome, although this could not have been an easy one, as Crede also was impressive.

Nice when you don't have to select the "loftiest dwarf," eh? :wink:

Jjav829
04-10-2006, 05:47 PM
It should have been Crede, damnit! *goes to find his elephant gun* What time tomorrow afternoon works for you? :redneck

ondafarm
04-10-2006, 05:48 PM

Just kidding. Thome was awesome, although this could not have been an easy one, as Crede also was impressive.

I'm on sabbatical.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Uh-Oh!

"WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

gobears1987
04-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Thome deserved it for Thomer #4

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Thome deserved it for Thomer #4

Thomer #4. Good one!

Daver
04-10-2006, 06:06 PM

I prefer not to have to clean my elephant gun more than once a month, it is a lot to clean.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Fifty%20Cal.jpg

CLR01
04-10-2006, 08:04 PM
1-4 with 2 strikeouts.:o:

Someone must have dipped into their yearly 6-pack.:?:

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 08:16 PM

Watch out!!! Mod fight!!!

NDSox12
04-10-2006, 10:16 PM

Does this mean you finally got one wrong? I couldn't believe it when I saw your score in the updated PTC standings.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Does this mean you finally got one wrong? I couldn't believe it when I saw your score in the updated PTC standings.

Actually, I'm surprised to see it as low as it is.:redneck

CLR01
04-10-2006, 10:22 PM

Todays game has not been updated yet. So far this season I have been updating them after each series.

I hate to say it but I missed Saturday's pick. Who knew AJ would get it over Javier.:dunno:

It didnt surprise me when I saw the one person who got Saturday's pick right was the same person who predicted the Bears to win the SuperBowl in August. :rolleyes: At least she finally got something right. :wink:

ondafarm
04-10-2006, 10:36 PM
It didnt surprise me when I saw the one person who got Saturday's pick right was the same person who predicted the Bears to win the SuperBowl in August. :rolleyes: At least she finally got something right. :wink:

Nobody plays the SuperBowl in August.

doublem23
04-11-2006, 12:26 AM
TBGR: Back on Track! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3092)

This was more fun to write than the last two. :bandance:

MarySwiss
04-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Todays game has not been updated yet. So far this season I have been updating them after each series.

I hate to say it but I missed Saturday's pick. Who knew AJ would get it over Javier.:dunno:

Yeah, I guess that World Series bet was a fluke.

EDIT: CLR, I originally said you could "bite me," but I decided to take the high road. So don't. :tongue:

Er, you don't have an elephant gun too, by any chance? :wink:

PaleHosed
04-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Wow, I have to completely disagree with that PTC. Thome was 1-4, 2 k's, 1 HR, 2 RBI. Crede was 1-3, 0 k's, 1 HR, 2 RBI, and 1 BB. Both home runs were equally significant, one tied the game, one took the lead. Those are somewhat even lines, but the problem with the Thome getting the PTC is Crede's getting no credit for the fine defensive gems he had. Considering that - I want to know how it is even possible for someone to argue that Thome had more to do with the win than Crede?

ondafarm
04-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Wow, I have to completely disagree with that PTC. Thome was 1-4, 2 k's, 1 HR, 2 RBI. Crede was 1-3, 0 k's, 1 HR, 2 RBI, and 1 BB. Both home runs were equally significant, one tied the game, one took the lead. Those are somewhat even lines, but the problem with the Thome getting the PTC is Crede's getting no credit for the fine defensive gems he had. Considering that - I want to know how it is even possible for someone to argue that Thome had more to do with the win than Crede?

PaleHosed, it was nice having you around, I'm sure you'll enjoy a nice ban.

PaleHosed
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
PaleHosed, it was nice having you around, I'm sure you'll enjoy a nice ban.

??? for what? expressing an opinion? I thought that was the point of a message board.

RealMenWearBlack
04-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Not that it really matters, but iirc Singleton and Farmer chose Joe Crede as their player of the game.

FarWestChicago
04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Not that it really matters, but iirc Singleton and Farmer chose Joe Crede as their player of the game.You're right. It doesn't matter at all.

IlliniSox4Life
04-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I was imagining a tag that could be nominated for "Most Used tag in the Winning Pick to Click threads" and it looked something like this:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kshanks2/elephantgun.jpg