PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Welcome back, White Sox postgame thread

Jjav829
04-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Ahh, good riddance to those chumps from last week. Glad to have you back real Sox. :bandance:

That is more like it! 2 in a row. :gulp:

Thome continues to stay white hot. Someone other than Thome finally homers. Freddy looks like the Freddy we all know and love. Jenks pitches a quick 1-2-3 9th. Great win.

NSSoxFan
04-10-2006, 03:21 PM
OH YEA!

Lookin' good, lookin' good.

Erik The Red
04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
2 in a row. :gulp:
"It's called a winning streak. It HAS happened before..."

CanBuehrleWait
CREDE!! Well done:cool:

BeviBall!
Good effort by Fredo and another moon shot from Thome, what new?

cbotnyse
04-10-2006, 03:23 PM
nothing like a good home opener spoiler!!!.....nice game, looked prety good....3 homers nice to see:bandance:

DaveIsHere
I think I can here all the Windows shut as people come back in from the Ledge:D:

WS in 05
crede player of the game

The_Floridian
04-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Hoo-ah. :gulp:

I think we need to give it up for Bobby Jenks. I'm sure a lot of people were nervous with him coming in after this spring. He took 'em down 1-2-3 and he did it fast.

Props to Freddy too for getting himself back in good standing with a quality start.

Keep it up on Wednesday Jose.

lostletters
Old Freddy is back. I guess the first game of the year was just a fluke.

Jenks is looking great, McCarthy is looking fine as well.

PK and Crede both homered.

Thome remains a monster.

CaptainBallz
Good to see these Sox can win on a weekday. Lookin' good.

Great work Thomer, Crede, freddy, Bobby, BMac...heck all of em. But big ups to :walnuts !!! Put it on the board!!!:bandance:

Here's to many more!:gulp:

nebraskasox
04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Now THIS is the team we know and love.

Let's keep it going.

goon
freddy pitched like freddy.

thome with yet another majestic blast.

crede and konerko get it going with the long ball.

pen looked great, so did the defense.

i'm just a happy camper

chisox117
Good to see Freddy's velocity back where it should be!
Nice win!!!
:gulp:

TheOldRoman
This was a fluke. Detroit is clearly the class of the AL Central.

Good to see the Sox picking up where they left off in Detroit - Freddy getting the win and Bobby nailing it down.

Most importantly, it is great to see the real Freddy again. All that chicken little dumbasses who were saying his career is over last week probably have calmed a bit. It is a 162 game marathon. Some people start slow. Our rotation will be better the second time around.

Hokiesox
04-10-2006, 03:26 PM
That's the way to get back on track! good win. Let's get above .500 for good tomorrow and wednesday.

MarySwiss
Much better, boys! Now if we can get Pods dialed in....:D:

Huisj
All in all a well played game. Quality pitching, some big hits, outstanding defense again by Crede. The only negative from this game is that Podsednik is still really really out of it, both at the plate and in the field. Hopefully, having the team snap out of the slump will help wake him up soon too.

HotelWhiteSox
Big win. Detroit Tigers, for real? Who knows, who cares? All I know is they're hot and they are in our division, so it's great to beat them.

Great efforts by BMac and Crede, again. Also nice to have a easy inning for Jenks. The HR's was the offense, but it's good to see it there while Pods is the Invisible Man, hope he's not hurt

Dan Mega
Nice to see quality pitching. And someone other than Thome hitting homeruns, its about time.

Pods looks terrible at the plate and in the OF so far. Can't go much longer with your leadoff guy batting what, .039?

Deebs14
04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
A 1,2,3 ninth inning is certainly good for my health. Now let's get back at those bastards on Wednesday. :gulp:

batmanZoSo
04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Good effort by Fredo and another moon shot from Thome, what new?

Great, great sig Bevi. Had to give props on that. Anyhoo...

Positives:

Jenks looking better with each outing
Thome no longer has homer market cornered
Freddy and Buehrle far better in second start, that's a relief
Weather is gorgeous and looks to get better tomorrowNegatives:

The ring came off my pudding can. :mad:
I'd love to sweep the Tigers here. Jose and Jon we need yas! :moonwalk:

nebraskasox
04-10-2006, 03:30 PM
McCarthy is starting out like Hermanson last year: ZERO ERA.

ChiWavDave
04-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Reminds me of all the 90's Bulls teams that would lose a couple or 2 outta 3 to start the season, and everybody would be freaking out. I guess those expecations go with the territory. As I said to my long time Yankee Fan friend who certainly knows championship baseball. If we can finish April at .500 then the Sox have it wrapped up! Let em warm up a bit. We are on our way! Time for one of our classic 9 game win streaks...

dave

:bandance: :bandance:

SSN721
04-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Pods is just killing us, and even so we pulled it out today, just be great to have the Pods of last year back. ANyway, nice to get the boys back on track and beating at the very least a decent team, we shall see as the year progresses. Be nice to at least take a series here, maybe even, dare I say, a sweep. :cool: :bandance:

spawn
04-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Here's something that's quite amusing...I stepped over to a Tigers boards to see what they're saying. They call Joe Crede Satan because he seems to kill them with his bat and glove. It's pretty damn funny!:D:

Jjav829
04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Negatives:

Take my pen knife, my good man.

http://www.walshbrothers.co.uk/Stock001/victorinox/AK0660300s.jpg

hawkjt
04-10-2006, 03:36 PM
but we certainly can go much longer with Pods leading off. Even if he is hitting .039 - 155 games to go,man. We are one game under .500

As long as we are around .500 at the allstar break we are fine.

solid sox-like effort today. Freddys back, SuperJoe is a vacuum at third and hitting like a he knows he is clutch, Paulie turning on a pitch, and Big Jim continues to hit homers that simply disapear into the haze. Why cant the camera pick up his homers? cuz they just disapear.

Big Bad Bobby looks thinner in black, he is looking solid and McCarthy suddenly becomes our key right-hander in the pen.

Cliff shaky,Hermy out, Bobby the closer- we need right-handed help.

Nice to cool the tigers roll- they need to come down to earth.

stl_sox_fan
:bandance:Happy 100th Victory to Freddie!!!:bandance:

Mickster
:dunno: Has Thome a homer that has traveled less than 400 ft. this year?

The_Floridian
\

Ah crap! I knew this day was gonna get screwed up somehow!

That's it! I'm back on the ledge! And I'm staying on the ledge! And I...wow, there's a lot of Yankee fans out here.

Go Sox! :bandance:

TaylorStSox
The defense was the key to the game. Nice job by McCarthy to pitch over the Pods error. Good game overall.

MeteorsSox4367
04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
The only bad thing about today's game is this whole adult idea of having to work instead of watching the game on TV. Listening to Farmio and Singleton at work is just damn depressing.

On the plus side, Thome goes yard again. Glad I bought that Thome jersey t-shirt when I did.

Thanks and Go Sox!!

StrTrkker
04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
A great win to start off the week. Now lets get 2 more wins and go home riding a nice winning streak.

Thumbs up to Joe, Jim, Paulie, Brandon and Freddie.
:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
04-10-2006, 03:40 PM
The Sox OWN Detroit. And, afterall, this was the place they clinched the AL Central Division at last year. I see it only fitting they beat Detroit in their home opener.

Crede looks like he's nearly in mid-season form already in the field. One can't say enough about Garcia and Thome. Hopefully Konerko will get back on track with his homer today.

robiwho
04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Nice job, guys.

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
+ 1/2 game on the Tribe. No game tomorrow :(: . Hope Pods uses the off day for extra BP.

batmanZoSo
04-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Take my pen knife, my good man.

http://www.walshbrothers.co.uk/Stock001/victorinox/AK0660300s.jpg

:rolling::neener:

Even with the total setup, still hilarious.

veeter
04-10-2006, 03:46 PM
McCarthy is starting out like Hermanson last year: ZERO ERA. BMac the quiet hero today. The world champs showed why.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-10-2006, 03:46 PM
nothing like a good home opener spoiler!!!.....nice game, looked prety good....3 homers nice to see:bandance:

I love spoiling home openers.

I didn't even have time to hear Jenks pitch in the 9th it was so fast.

FoulkeFan
04-10-2006, 03:47 PM
The only bad thing about today's game is this whole adult idea of having to work instead of watching the game on TV. Listening to Farmio and Singleton at work is just damn depressing.

On the plus side, Thome goes yard again. Glad I bought that Thome jersey t-shirt when I did.

Thanks and Go Sox!!

The game day audio package is worth it just so I can listen to the other teams radio broadcast instead of Farmio when I'm at work! The Tigers radio guys were actually very good - they were exciting to listen to and they said a lot of complimentary things about the Sox.

veeter
04-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Great job by the whole team.

0o0o0
04-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Fingernails on a blackboard the quiet hero today. The world champs showed why.
Gotta love the job McCarthy's done so far. He's gonna be a huge key to the sox success.

vegyrex
04-10-2006, 03:53 PM
That's more like it! :bandance:

mjharrison72
04-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a great win... and this Thome guy is looking better and better. :D:

goon
04-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Gotta love the job McCarthy's done so far. He's gonna be a huge key to the sox success.

the definition of lights out. i think i'm one of the few that actually believe our bullpen is pretty solid, mccarthy being one of the major reasons.

esbrechtel
04-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Here's something that's quite amusing...I stepped over to a Tigers boards to see what they're saying. They call Joe Crede Satan because he seems to kill them with his bat and glove. It's pretty damn funny!:D:

its also funny to hear that they had to listen to Hawk and DJ on MLB tv and how much they hate "he gone" :bandance:

spiffie
04-10-2006, 04:04 PM
We are on our way! Time for one of our classic 9 game win streaks...
Not sure about 9 game streaks, but I sure do remember a team that was great at putting 8-game streaks together. :bandance:

IlliniSox4Life
04-10-2006, 04:05 PM
its also funny to hear that they had to listen to Hawk and DJ on MLB tv and how much they hate "he gone" :bandance:

They must've hated all those "you can put it on the board"s too.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM
:dunno: Has Thome a homer that has traveled less than 400 ft. this year?

Dunno, but I have finally learned my lesson. Don't be eating or drinking anything when he's batting; could be life-threatening. :tongue:

batmanZoSo
04-10-2006, 04:51 PM
How was Garcia's velocity for those who couldn't watch?

Vernam
04-10-2006, 05:07 PM
How was Garcia's velocity for those who couldn't watch?Word is, he was in the low-to-mid 90s. Nice to see that our worst starter beat their stud.

And as soon as Jenks regains the "10 mph" that Steve Phillips claims he lost off his heater, he'll be throwing about 107 mph. :cool:

Vernam

batmanZoSo
04-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Word is, he was in the low-to-mid 90s. Nice to see that our worst starter beat their stud.

And as soon as Jenks regains the "10 mph" that Steve Phillips claims he lost off his heater, he'll be throwing about 107 mph. :cool:

Vernam

Thanks for the good news.

oeo
04-10-2006, 05:11 PM
the definition of lights out. i think i'm one of the few that actually believe our bullpen is pretty solid, mccarthy being one of the major reasons.

If Politte can turn it around, I'd say it's pretty good. But as of now, I am only comfortable seeing Bobby and McCarthy, maybe Cotts, out of the pen. The rest of the guys I only want to see when we're up by 10 runs.

DickAllen72
04-10-2006, 05:36 PM
This was a great win today, but what makes it even better is the fact that Garcia seems to have his velocity back up and Jenks looks like he's nearing last years form.

Now if we can only get Podsednik back on track, we'll be rollin'. :gulp:

Keep grindin' 'em out, boys! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

gbergman
04-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I am mad i didnt know the game was this early otherwise i would of woke up i demand a replay, wait i have mlb.tv i can replay it

goon
04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
If Politte can turn it around, I'd say it's pretty good. But as of now, I am only comfortable seeing Bobby and McCarthy, maybe Cotts, out of the pen. The rest of the guys I only want to see when we're up by 10 runs.

cotts has been pitching well in my opinion and right now i have way more confidence in thronton over logan, most of that is based on expierence and potential however.

though basing opinions on potential is riduclous, i am still happy with the bullpen...right now.

jandm859
04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Ahh, good riddance to those chumps from last week. Glad to have you back real Sox. :bandance:

That is more like it! 2 in a row. :gulp:

Thome continues to stay white hot. Someone other than Thome finally homers. Freddy looks like the Freddy we all know and love. Jenks pitches a quick 1-2-3 9th. Great win.

you said it perfect, they looked like last year. was worried about freddy, he looked great though

WinOrDyeTrying
04-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Glad to see the Tiger offense tamed. You dont know how hard it is here in Detroit dealing with people saying the Tigers have a lock in the ALC. Good game overall, though. Nice to be back on track

P.S. Whos going to the game Wensday and Thursday?

goon
04-10-2006, 05:44 PM
P.S. Whos going to the game Wensday and Thursday?

contreras wednesday, garland thursday.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 05:47 PM
contreras wednesday, garland thursday.

He's from Detroit, so I think he actually wants to know who is physically going to the game.

HotelWhiteSox
04-10-2006, 05:47 PM
I am mad i didnt know the game was this early otherwise i would of woke up i demand a replay, wait i have mlb.tv i can replay it

Comcast has a 7 pm replay

goon
04-10-2006, 05:48 PM
He's from Detroit, so I think he actually wants to know who is physically going to the game.

yikes. i probably should have read that right.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 05:50 PM
yikes. i probably should have read that right.
Ah, well! It's likely due to the inevitable euphoric feeling that comes with seeing the Sox play like the Sox.

Damn, I wish there was a game tomorrow! I hate off days!

TomBradley72
04-10-2006, 06:07 PM
It's a great sign when they can generate enough offense even with Pods doing nothing. Last year the offense would really stall...should be dominating when Pods gets his game going. If he's on...lots of fastballs for Thome and Konerko.

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2006, 06:10 PM
2 hours and 14 minutes.....when did Freddy speed it up like that.

JB98
04-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm encouraged by Garcia's performance. Velocity, location and movement were all much better than the outing against Cleveland. If not for the hanging breaking ball to Monroe in the second inning, it would have been an outstanding performance. As it was, it was pretty good. Jenks looked good, and the Sox played well overall defensively.

Nice to see some guys other than Thome get in the home-run column. My only criticism would be Podsednik. We all know he's not swinging the bat well, but he was poor defensively today. Hopefully, he's just out of sorts from not having enough playing time in spring training.

gobears1987
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
:rolling::neener:

Even with the total setup, still hilarious.MONORAIL!!! MONORAIL!!! MONO-DoH!!!!

Kogs35
04-10-2006, 07:43 PM
MONORAIL!!! MONORAIL!!! MONO-DoH!!!!

ahem, "Well main street still all cracked and broken, c'mon mom the mob has spoken"

he gone!
04-10-2006, 07:52 PM
didn't catch the game, but way to go guys! yesss!

starboy0
04-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Played like a TEAM today which was their strength last year. Pitching, D, hitting all contributory.

NDSox12
04-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Didn't get to see this one, but I did TiVo it. Sounds like it was worth watching, so I think I'll go do that now!

JoeClutch24
04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I'll keep this post simple We're Back!!

oh yeah it was nice to see Freddy come back to earth.

Hitmen77
04-10-2006, 11:21 PM

That's being a bit pessimistic. I would say that about Koch or last year's Marte, but I don't see anyone in our pen being that bad at this point.

Thornton has been that bad with Seattle, then seemed to make progress in spring training under Coop. Logan - still an unknown to me but I'm not worried about him being our LOOGY.

Politte has been shakey but actually didn't look too bad in his last outing despite getting beat by one of the league's best hitters on a decent pitch.
I agree that if he can come around we'll be in pretty good shape.

Mohoney
04-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Does anybody else think that fingernails could garner himself an All Star selection as a middle reliever/spot starter if he keeps this up?

I know that it's next to impossible to make it as a setup guy, but I think that if it's a toss-up between McCarthy and another setup guy, Ozzie could end up picking him.

Iwritecode
04-11-2006, 01:01 PM

I just saw this quote in the Cubune:

Crede's 10 career homers at Comerica rank first among visiting players, Konerko's nine homers place him second and Thome's eight put him fourth.

Looks like they have good reason to hate Crede and Konerko both. :cool: