PDA

View Full Version : Get em on, Get em over, Get em in?

PatK
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Sure, the season is early, and the Sox haven't looked so great, but I'm optimistic of our chances to rebound.

The big thing I've noticed is last year it was get 'em on early, get 'em over, and bring them in.

It seems like right now, only one of the three is happening. We'll get 'em on, but not over. Or if they do get over, they aren't coming in.

I think with Pods being out during camp, he's out of shape right now. And he was such a catalyst for the offense last year (as evidenced by the Sox slump when he was hurt) that they need to think of someone else to put in the leadoff spot until he gets his form back if he keeps struggling.

The main thing bothering me right now is that we just don't seem to be driving in runners from scoring position, especially in bases loaded situations.

But it's early, and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

kittle545feet
04-10-2006, 11:51 AM
I pretty much agree with what you have said. We have looked pathetic in a lot of situations where we need a hit. I think Pods is definitely hurting because he hasn't tried to bunt to get on base during this skid he is on. That shows me he's hurting.:(:

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2006, 12:00 PM
It's hard to mess with the other teams pitchers when your sitting in the dugout.

nebraskasox
04-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I listened to the KC radio broadcast here in Omaha. Their announcers said the same thing - that Ozzie should be disappointed in the Sox ability to move runners over in the series. Of course, this was a hallmark of the 05 Sox.

They also said Thome was scalding the ball all day and finally got one into the air when he homered.

FP_sox
04-10-2006, 12:48 PM
There have been many blown chances for the Sox to score with runners in scoring position. Thie get them in part is missing so far.

fusillirob1983
04-10-2006, 01:23 PM
I pretty much agree with what you have said. We have looked pathetic in a lot of situations where we need a hit. I think Pods is definitely hurting because he hasn't tried to bunt to get on base during this skid he is on. That shows me he's hurting.:(:

He tried to bunt on Saturday but it went foul. That was the at-bat this season where he ended up with a base hit.