PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cardinal Fan Moment #1

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Cant believe im doing this, but Ive got to call these fans out here.
I was running errands, doing laundry, and stopped to get something to eat
and both games had already ended. 2 Cardinal fans walk into the place
and the 3 frat boy cub fans immediately started pestering them "go cubbeeeez" "how bout those cardinals?" "30 degrees and cards lose, I love it" "all your fans can go home" The 2 Card fans didnt say a word ...........not a peep. I sat there thinking oh my god, say this, or say that, say something, cub fans are so easy to make fun of. But they said nothing. I thought of writing a couple things down on my napkin, a cue card so to speak, of insults and facts they can hurl back ......but I thought
bahhhhhh, whatever.

Dan Mega
04-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Cant believe im doing this, but Ive got to call these fans out here.
I was running errands, doing laundry, and stopped to get something to eat
and both games had already ended. 2 Cardinal fans walk into the place
and the 3 frat boy cub fans immediately started pestering them "go cubbeeeez" "how bout those cardinals?" "30 degrees and cards lose, I love it" "all your fans can go home" The 2 Card fans didnt say a word ...........not a peep. I sat there thinking oh my god, say this, or say that, say something, cub fans are so easy to make fun of. But they said nothing. I thought of writing a couple things down on my napkin, a cue card so to speak, of insults and facts they can hurl back ......but I thought
bahhhhhh, whatever.

The Cardinals fans were probably thinking the same thing I usually do in those situations- the Cubs fans aren't even worth it.

McCuddy
04-10-2006, 10:53 AM
I'd say they played it right. Nothing wrong with the high road. Besides, the Cards will have a series to play in October, unlike the fratguys' team.

DumpJerry
04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
The Cardinals fans were probably thinking the same thing I usually do in those situations- the Cubs fans aren't even worth it.
1. The Cards fans took the high road.
2. The Cards fans know the record speak for itself.
3. Come on, is it really worth the energy to respond to the Frat Pack?
4. The Cards fans did not want to see grown frat boys cry.
5. What goes around, come around. One month from now, who is talking trash?

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd say they played it right. Nothing wrong with the high road. Besides, the Cards will have a series to play in October, unlike the fratguys' team.

I thought about that too ............... Cardinal fans and SOX fans are definitely very different. Their fans are very polite and respectful. They arent really loud and boisterous either, but can talk baseball with you.
Just made me remember, how NOT to believe the hype, how the media portrays this cub cardinal games ' intense rivalry', blah blah blah. its all bs.
I know that Cub fans know they couldnt/wouldnt say the same things to a SOX fan ................... things would be much different, heh heh heh.
god bless sox fans :cool:

Clembasbal
04-10-2006, 11:08 AM
You know what really makes me mad about this story, and most other ones related to idiotic Cubs fans, is that people always assume that the drunk guys are fraternity members.

Most of you complain that you hate it when the Tribune, or Sun-Times, Red Eye, ESPN, and so on, mentioned that Sox fans are trash/over-weight/lazy/fighters/etc.

Learn something about somebody, or an organization, before you stereotype and group the members ignorantly.

CaptainBallz
04-10-2006, 11:31 AM
You know what really makes me mad about this story, and most other ones related to idiotic Cubs fans, is that people always assume that the drunk guys are fraternity members.

Most of you complain that you hate it when the Tribune, or Sun-Times, Red Eye, ESPN, and so on, mentioned that Sox fans are trash/over-weight/lazy/fighters/etc.

Learn something about somebody, or an organization, before you stereotype and group the members ignorantly.

Yeah, "frat boys" has become the blanket term to refer to Abercrombie wearing "duders" that say "bro" alot---have their hats all bent way too much...those guys. I guess "Douchebags" is more appropriate.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah, "frat boys" has become the blanket term to refer to Abercrombie wearing "duders" that say "bro" alot---have their hats all bent way too much...those guys. I guess "Douchebags" is more appropriate.

Yeah, that's probably a better term. I have nothing against nice people who are in fraternities. A lot of those "bro-dudes" aren't even in frats.

ilsox7
04-10-2006, 11:38 AM

Exactly. Taking the high road is the mature thing to do.

Rocky Soprano
04-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Exactly. Taking the high road is the mature thing to do.

Hangar has no idea what that means.

Clembasbal
04-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, that's probably a better term. I have nothing against nice people who are in fraternities. A lot of those "bro-dudes" aren't even in frats.

Chances are they are just jerks and have no affiliation to an organization other than where they work.

I hate blanket terms and several posters here think that fraternity members are morons, who drink and say "bro" and "dude" a lot, and of course...love the Cubbies. This is incorrect, but I guess that stereotype has been around for a while, just like White Sox fans are "White Trash." Just not true, but fighting a losing cause.

Anyway, taking the high road is the way to go because then you can leave with your teeth in tack more often than not!:redneck

Jerko
04-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I'll reserve my opinion on Cardinal fans until they leave the Cell in late June.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2006, 12:48 PM
I draw the line when Cubs fans start talking smack to me about the Sox when I haven't even done so much as looked at them twice. That happened to me just last Saturday.

RealMenWearBlack
04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't think it's appropriate to call them frat boys either cause that would imply they're in college. To get to college you have to graduate high school, and to get to high school you have to graduate middle school, and to get to middle school you have to graduate grade school. I think you're setting the Cubs fans expectations a tad too high.

SOXintheBURGH
04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
The Cubs swept their arch nemesis, why wouldn't their fans be excited? :?:

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 01:47 PM
The Cubs swept their arch nemesis, why wouldn't their fans be excited? :?:

they win 1 in a row, and they get excited

miker
04-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Chances are they are just jerks and have no affiliation to an organization other than where they work.

I hate blanket terms and several posters here think that fraternity members are morons, who drink and say "bro" and "dude" a lot, and of course...love the Cubbies. This is incorrect, but I guess that stereotype has been around for a while, just like White Sox fans are "White Trash." Just not true, but fighting a losing cause.

Anyway, taking the high road is the way to go because then you can leave with your teeth in tack more often than not!:redneck
I'll consider Cubbie fans human beings when they do the same for Sox fans!

thomas35forever
04-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I have nothing but respect for the support the Cardinals fans have for their team down in St. Louis. I vacationed there last summer and I've never seen so much red before in my life.

Layla
04-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Just to to throw something in here about stereotypes:

I leave for work at 4:30 a.m. I was listening to David Stein on the Score. A caller talked about how Cubs management tied Derek Lee to their loser team and would never be a winner. He rambled on a little bit.

Then someone, (and I can't remember who) said "typical Sox fan." If I was more coherent I would have called in and told him who a typical Sox fan is.

Sorry for the hijack.

Foulke You
04-11-2006, 11:16 PM
they win 1 in a row, and they get excited
Absolutely. The two resident Cub fans at my place of employment were practically plotting the parade route after the sweep and taunting me that the Sox lost 2 of 3 to the Royals. However, I shut them up with one lovely saying: 1908

dcb56
04-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Absolutely. The two resident Cub fans at my place of employment were practically plotting the parade route after the sweep and taunting me that the Sox lost 2 of 3 to the Royals. However, I shut them up with one lovely saying: 1908

My Cub fan coworkers were giving me crap on Monday, too. My response was, "I'd rather root for a team that sweeps series in October rather than April." That sure took the wind out of their sails!

Cat Thief
04-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I draw the line when Cubs fans start talking smack to me about the Sox when I haven't even done so much as looked at them twice. That happened to me just last Saturday.

That seems to happen very often. The last time was when I was paying a bill at the restaurant with my wife. I had my back to the guy!