PDA

View Full Version : Help Me! I'm a pessimist!

ClevelandKid
04-10-2006, 07:54 AM
I've been transplanted from my humble South Side home to the land of the feather-headed followers of Chief Wahoo. They're rubbing it in my face. As of today, the White Sox have more losses than the Cubs and the Indians combined! I'm so depressed and these people won't leave me alone. :whiner:

Was last season just a dream? Wasn't Jim Thome supposed to make us better? Everyone in Cleveland is laughing at me. Can someone please give me words of encouragement?

P.S. And they're all obnoxious Cavaliers fan. Whenever they talk about LeBron James, it's inevitable that someone is going to say something snide about how old Michael Jordan was when he entered the NBA and that LeBron is bound to shatter all of his records.

rdwj
04-10-2006, 07:56 AM
It's April - RELAX!

Frank the Tank
04-10-2006, 07:58 AM
:whiner:
Everyone in Cleveland is laughing at me. Can someone please give me words of encouragement?

Suicide is alway an option.

Madvora
04-10-2006, 08:02 AM
If the Sox started 6-0 and Cleveland was 0-6, would you forget about them for the rest of the year? Would you think the season is over and won?

This 6 game strech is the same as any 6 game stretch in the season and there's still 26 more 6 game stretches to go.

LongLiveFisk
04-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Just remind them who owns the championship ring.

Also remind them which two teams have the longest drought again? Hmmmm....let me think...hahahaha. :dtroll:

mccoydp
04-10-2006, 08:12 AM
I've been transplanted from my humble South Side home to the land of the feather-headed followers of Chief Wahoo. They're rubbing it in my face. As of today, the White Sox have more losses than the Cubs and the Indians combined! I'm so depressed and these people won't leave me alone. :whiner:

Was last season just a dream? Wasn't Jim Thome supposed to make us better? Everyone in Cleveland is laughing at me. Can someone please give me words of encouragement?

P.S. And they're all obnoxious Cavaliers fan. Whenever they talk about LeBron James, it's inevitable that someone is going to say something snide about how old Michael Jordan was when he entered the NBA and that LeBron is bound to shatter all of his records.
A few more notes from last year:

The 2005 Houston Astros started the season 15-30, and went to the World Series.
The 2005 L.A. Dodgers started off 15-8 in April, and not even Jose Valentin's moustache could save them from a fade...
The 2005 Baltimore Orioles went 16-7 in April and were going to win the A.L. East, remember?
The 2005 New York Yankees? 10-14 in April. They won 95 games by season's end.

The 2004 Atlanta Braves spent most of their season looking up at first place, until a decisive series win against the Phillies...heck, the Braves spent a number of their division winning seasons not in first place for the better part of the season; as you know, they've won their division every year since 1991.

Don't worry about the Cubs; they're always a collapse waiting to happen.

Relax, take a breather, and enjoy the games. This is a long season. :cool:

Dice
04-10-2006, 08:47 AM
A few more notes from last year:

The 2005 Houston Astros started the season 15-30, and went to the World Series.
The 2005 L.A. Dodgers started off 15-8 in April, and not even Jose Valentin's moustache could save them from a fade...
The 2005 Baltimore Orioles went 16-7 in April and were going to win the A.L. East, remember?
The 2005 New York Yankees? 10-14 in April. They won 95 games by season's end.

The 2004 Atlanta Braves spent most of their season looking up at first place, until a decisive series win against the Phillies...heck, the Braves spent a number of their division winning seasons not in first place for the better part of the season; as you know, they've won their division every year since 1991.

Don't worry about the Cubs; they're always a collapse waiting to happen.

Relax, take a breather, and enjoy the games. This is a long season. :cool:

AMEN!

My best friend who is a Cubs fan called me yesterday to hoop and holla about the big grand slam that Barrett hit and then to hoop and holla about sweeping the Cards in April. I told him he needs to take it easy. It's the beginning of April of Christ-sakes! The Cardinals have won like 200 games over the past 2 seasons and have drilled the Cubs in post July.

And just to add about the notes from 2005:
Cleveland started the season 9-15 and look what they did. They ended up winning 93 games and gave the Sox a nice little push before failing to make the playoffs.

So please remind your Cleveland and Cubs fans where the World Series Trophy resides.

Theanticub
04-10-2006, 08:48 AM
It's April - RELAX!

I wish I had a penny...just a penny for everytime I had to tell someone this exact statement this weekend.

On the other hand, let's hope Garcia is light's out tonight. :supernana:

itsnotrequired
04-10-2006, 08:50 AM
On the other hand, let's hope Garcia is light's out tonight. :supernana:

You mean today...

Jurr
04-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Ask the Injuns fans if their starters, just needing ONE WIN to get a playoff berth, beat the Sox bench ONCE in late September. If they try to retort, cut them off and tell them to answer the question. Yes or no.

They'll shut up before they give you that resounding NO.

Theanticub
04-10-2006, 08:51 AM
You mean today...

Yes, by tonight I meant today...or to be exact....3 hours and 10 minutes.

oeo
04-10-2006, 08:58 AM

Rubbing what into your face, six games? Hah! You've got a World Series to rub in their faces, they've only got six games.

Iwritecode
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
On the other hand, let's hope Garcia is light's out tonight.

You mean today...

Garcia in a day game, on the road?

I'm hopeful... :cool:

WizardsofOzzie
04-10-2006, 09:42 AM
You mean today...

Ohhh the things i would do to get comcast sportsnet. How is it possible to get comcast but not comcast sportsnet anyways? Bastards :(:

itsnotrequired
04-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Ohhh the things i would do to get comcast sportsnet. How is it possible to get comcast but not comcast sportsnet anyways? Bastards :(:

Alas, I will be watching Gameday for this one as I am stuck at work. I will be out on business on Wednesday so I'll miss that game entirely.

I'm actually glad the game starts at noon today. I'm heading out to the airport at 2:30 so I should be able to catch most of the game.

akingamongstmen
04-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Do what I do:

Constantly remind them that they are rooting for a team from CLEVELAND. That usually leads to a momentary pause, quiet reflection, and hilarious depressed silence.

OR

Ask them when they last won a championship in anything.

miker
04-10-2006, 01:08 PM
My best friend who is a Cubs fan...
You need new friends...

miker
04-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Constantly remind them that they are rooting for a team from CLEVELAND. That usually leads to a momentary pause, quiet reflection, and hilarious depressed silence. Ask them when they last won a championship in anything.

"Most Flammable River" - 1969

Also remind them that Drew Carey and the so-called Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame don't count as "championships".

Dice
04-10-2006, 02:14 PM
You need new friends...

Com'on now. If I get rid of him then I have no one to rag on about how crappy their team is.

We've been knowing each other since we were kids and he was my best man at my wedding. We'd always talk about eachothers team and how crappy the other teams was. BUT it always ended by each of us thinking...Damn! Neither team has won a championship. UNTIL LAST YEAR!

It's was just too much fun all winter. He rarely talked about baseball. I always bait him into talking and he'd just get frustrated. Now that I have the ability to end our arguments you want to get rid of him? I don't think so.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Ask the Injuns fans if their starters, just needing ONE WIN to get a playoff berth, beat the Sox bench ONCE in late September. If they try to retort, cut them off and tell them to answer the question. Yes or no.

They'll shut up before they give you that resounding NO.

Beat me to it, Jurr. That's the one I always use. And I add that this was a waaayyyy bigger choke than the "choke" we Sox fans kept hearing about. And finish them off by reminding them that this ass-kicking took place at the Jake.

That always does it! :D:

SoxFan76
04-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Suicide is alway an option.

I know it's just a joke....but still not cool.

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 04:23 PM

Dont even sweat it. just acknowledge that theyve got a darned good team in Cleveland, remind them that the AL Central is a hell of a division, and that may the best team win it all in the end. Then remind them that we did win it all last year, heh heh. Most Indian fans respect us and what the SOX did, I do respect what they ALMOST did last year, heh heh

JohnBasedowYoda
04-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Play the Sox Pride dvd for them and show the part where the Indians DIDN'T make playoffs and were silenced by the Mighty Pale Hose.

Also wear some 2005 WS Champs gear around town. Show your colors

MadetoOrta
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Ask them if they've ever witnessed a single major sports franchise from Cleveland win a championship. In my lifetime, ['85 Bears, 6-timeNBA and '05 Sox] I've seen 8! When Cleveland even remotely approaches that figure, give me a call. For good measure, remind them who actually choked last year and who won the World Series. You should laugh in their faces just as I laughed in a guys face today about the cubs. In fact, someone should look online for baseball standings last year as of April 10th,

Iguana775
04-10-2006, 04:39 PM

Well, I have CSN and I still dont get any of the Sox (or Bulls) games cause they are always blacked out for me. :angry::angry:

longshot7
04-10-2006, 04:39 PM
That happened to me last week. An Indians fan said "We took two of three."

I said "Who won the World Series last year?"

Enough said. He slunk away.

Iguana775
04-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I had some kid at Blockbuster talking trash to me about his Indians. lol. I just nodded my head and laughed. :cool:

Steelrod
04-10-2006, 04:45 PM
I always give the same answer.
I can't even imagine what was going on in your mind "Watching the White Sox win the World Series"
Enough said!

SoLongFrank
04-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Just tell them this:

You (The Tribe) traded away your best player when it comes to manufacturing runs in the absence of the big hit. When the team hits a hitting slump (like all teams do) that will come back to haunt you .. big time.

What team looks to be the slowest in the ALC? The Tribe. Slow teams don't win division championships.

paciorek1983
04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
My line is....Wait till your wins a ring and then we'll talk.....

voodoochile
04-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I admit that I am skeptical. I smell a :dtroll:.

Wouldn't be the first time someone tried to pass themselves off as a Sox fan and then load their post with trollish comments that "other people said to them".

Lebron going to shatter that record for highest career average in the finals, most Finals' MVPs and most times eliminating the Cavs from the playoffs on last second shots?

Who they crappin'?

Oh there was a championship for Cleveland in the last 10 years (IIRC). It was the indoor soccer franchise...(snicker)...

Prior to that you have to go back to the early 60's. It's u-g-l-y that town ain't got no alibi...

You can also fall back on the old tried and true... only team to lose to the Braves in the WS...(again...snicker...)