PDA

View Full Version : Another reason I'm a Sox Fan!

JoeClutch24
04-09-2006, 11:14 PM
I went down to K.C. this weekend to go watch the games this weekend. It was a good trip. As a 17 year old guy sometimes older people don't sometimes take the time to talk to a obnoxious team sometimes, but I had some great conversations with some Sox fans (including Joe Crede's relatives). It was just a great time all in all even though we lost 2 but It was a great.

Nellie_Fox
04-10-2006, 01:37 AM
As a 17 year old guy sometimes older people don't sometimes take the time to talk to a obnoxious team sometimes, but I had some great conversations with some Sox fans (including Joe Crede's relatives). Sometimes.

Jurr
04-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Sometimes.
Wow...no breaks for the kids today, huh? :roflmao:

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 09:56 AM
are you saying older sox fans wont talk to younger sox fans?
I dont understand your post .........
But sounds great if you were able to commisserate with other SOX fans.
Thats been the thing that most amazed me about SOX fans, how many there are of us (media never talks about that) how loud and vocal we are (media also never talks about this) and how SOX fans are all over (media definitely ignores this). Its what really made me proud to be a SOX fan.
The SOX fans ive seen in KC, in Detroit, in LA, in SanDiego ...........awesome. Dont let the lack of media acknowledgement make you think otherwise. We are the best fans.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-10-2006, 10:04 AM
I went down to K.C. this weekend to go watch the games this weekend. It was a good trip. As a 17 year old guy sometimes older people don't sometimes take the time to talk to a obnoxious team sometimes, but I had some great conversations with some Sox fans (including Joe Crede's relatives). It was just a great time all in all even though we lost 2 but It was a great.
If I ever run into you at a game out here on the east coast, I'm always happy to talk baseball with Sox fans of any age...

scottjanssens
04-10-2006, 10:27 AM

I was in KC this weekend. Missed the Sox at the Negro League Museum by a day. The museum is great, if you get to KC, definitely stop by.

I only attended Saturday's game. Other than a loud ******* behind us (who shouted he hoped a Sox player was hurt after diving back to avoid a pickoff attempt at 2nd) the KC fans were nice. They cheer enthusiastically for routine plays. My cousin tells me this is because there's so little for them to cheer about.

SoxFan76
04-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Older fans talk baseball, but it's really annoying. They're the biggest dark clouds I know. Every time a pitcher gives up a run all I hear is "What's the problem with this guy? He can't get anyone out!"

Grrr dark clouds piss me off.

Dan Mega
04-10-2006, 11:22 AM
They cheer enthusiastically for routine plays. My cousin tells me this is because there's so little for them to cheer about.

A good buddy of mine is a KC fan. He said they are praying for a .500 ballclub this year, or at least 75 wins. They certainly are a much better team than last year with a more solid, veteran lineup.

If only they had pitching :D: .

miker
04-10-2006, 01:14 PM
You know what's sad...I can't remember the last time I had a good baseball conversation at the ballpark. I'm always sitting next to "Mr. I had 58 beers before the game and have to go pee every fourth pitch" or "Mr. I'm yelling about everything even though I know nothing about baseball!":(:

SOecks
04-10-2006, 01:18 PM
You know what's sad...I can't remember the last time I had a good baseball conversation at the ballpark. I'm always sitting next to "Mr. I had 58 beers before the game and have to go pee every fourth pitch" or "Mr. I'm yelling about everything even though I know nothing about baseball!":(:

Is he friends with Mr. "I stack all my beer cups on themselves to show how much beer I can drink"???

miker
04-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Is he friends with Mr. "I stack all my beer cups on themselves to show how much beer I can drink"???
Yeah! And he goes to the game with his girlfriend Miss "I'm looking everywhere but where the ball is as it's fouled towards my head."

Nellie_Fox
04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Is he friends with Mr. "I stack all my beer cups on themselves to show how much beer I can drink"???Hey, I was that guy once. My beer-league 16" softball team went to Comiskey when I was in my early 20's, and we got our cup stack so high that we got on television.:redface:

thomas35forever
04-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah! And he goes to the game with his girlfriend Miss "I'm looking everywhere but where the ball is as it's fouled towards my head."
I've heard of her brother-in-law, Mr. "I like shouting out Nelly songs during the game even if the team's losing because I really don't know what's going on."