PDA

View Full Version : Rooney gets ring

thomas35forever
04-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Rooney said on Talkin' Baseball earlier today that he got a World Series ring. How classy is that?:D:

itsnotrequired
04-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Rooney said on Talkin' Baseball earlier today that he got a World Series ring. How classy is that?:D:

He deserved a ring just like everyone else involved wit hthe 2005 season. It was expected. To not offer him a ring would be criminal, IMHO.

ChiSoxGirl
04-09-2006, 10:08 PM

It's standard procedure, as all broadcasters- radio & t.v.- got World Series rings.

To piggyback the World Series rings discussion, Rooney noted that when the Cardinals were in Philadelphia on Wednesday, he had Aaron Rowand on his pre-game show. Rooney said he talked to Rowand about his being at the Ring Ceremony and seeing all of his friends the day before, and Rooney just said, "Rowand was still very emotional about the whole thing, and while he didn't want to be traded, understands why it happened." Everytime I hear about Rowand, I just want to :whiner: because I just feel so bad for him.

chisoxfanatic
04-09-2006, 11:45 PM
You know, I think that everyone at the Core of the Core event should be given authentic World Series rings!

Or, at least those of us here who stayed until the final out was made on Opening Night! If that's not being the core of the core, I don't know what is!

doublem23
04-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Hawk has been sporting his the last few days. :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
04-09-2006, 11:51 PM

He's wearing his right now in the jacuzzi, sippin some fine champagne, talk about Ted Williams.

mike squires
04-10-2006, 12:04 AM
So, does that mean all members of the grounds crew and the ushers get rings as well. I imagine they do. They deserve and was part of the season. Just curious.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-10-2006, 12:07 AM
So, does that mean all members of the grounds crew and the ushers get rings as well. I imagine they do. They deserve and was part of the season. Just curious.

They gave out over 400. I bet the "milleeeeeeeeeeeer liggggggggggggghhhht" guy got one:smile:

FedEx227
04-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Hopefully IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIICE CREAAM didn't get one though...hate that guy!!

SouthSide_HitMen
04-10-2006, 12:40 AM
You know, I think that everyone at the Core of the Core event should be given authentic World Series rings!

Or, at least those of us here who stayed until the final out was made on Opening Night! If that's not being the core of the core, I don't know what is!

They used to give you a pin at Candlestick Park if you stayed the entire game during a particularly cold and miserable night.

Is this show still on locally and if so where and when? I'd still love to hear Rooney and plan to on MLB Gameday Audio including two of the three games I am not going to against our White Sox.

I hope he says "And thats a White Sox Winner" for old times sake at the end of the game.

Steelrod
04-10-2006, 03:59 AM
He deserved a ring just like everyone else involved wit hthe 2005 season. It was expected. To not offer him a ring would be criminal, IMHO.
I believe Minnesota stiffed him when he came here!

alohafri
04-10-2006, 08:10 AM
They gave out over 400. I bet the "milleeeeeeeeeeeer liggggggggggggghhhht" guy got one:smile:

I love that guy!

itsnotrequired
04-10-2006, 08:13 AM
The vendors are under separate contract and not White Sox employees. As such, it seems unlikely that they will get a ring.

I wonder how far "down the chain" the rings go? Do the batboys get them? The lowliest groundskeeper? Front office interns?

:dunno:

Viva Medias B's
04-10-2006, 10:41 AM
I wonder why they gave Rooney his right right away. As a way of thanking him for his service to the White Sox, I would have presented it to him on the field when the Redbirds come to town. I realize he did throw out the first pitch on the last regular season game of 2005, but this would have been cool.

Steelrod
04-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I wonder why they gave Rooney his right right away. As a way of thanking him for his service to the White Sox, I would have presented it to him on the field when the Redbirds come to town. I realize he did throw out the first pitch on the last regular season game of 2005, but this would have been cool.
How often do you want to honor the guy who grabbed the silver ring? I liked John also, but the Cardinal deal was started while under contract with the Sox!

ewokpelts
04-10-2006, 11:44 AM
How often do you want to honor the guy who grabbed the silver ring? I liked John also, but the Cardinal deal was started while under contract with the Sox!after the score said they didnt want to pay him as much as he wanted......
Gene

p.s. he was an am 1000 employee when he was thesox broadcaster.....

ewokpelts
04-10-2006, 11:45 AM

Or, at least those of us here who stayed until the final out was made on Opening Night! If that's not being the core of the core, I don't know what is!yeah...let's give people that post on a message board $20k rings....
Gene

ewokpelts
04-10-2006, 11:47 AM
The vendors are under separate contract and not White Sox employees. As such, it seems unlikely that they will get a ring.

I wonder how far "down the chain" the rings go? Do the batboys get them? The lowliest groundskeeper? Front office interns?

Full Time Employees.
Also, the top brass of levy, sportsservice, and the ushering firm got rings.
Gene

Steelrod
04-10-2006, 12:37 PM
after the score said they didnt want to pay him as much as he wanted......
Gene

p.s. he was an am 1000 employee when he was thesox broadcaster.....
The fact is that he tried to negotiate with St. Louis 3 years ago and was stopped by JMR. Very unethical. Then they fired Hagan when they hired Rooney, then the rehired him for radio. St. Louis is a backstabbing organization. Rooney better hope that Costas doesn't want the job!
BTW. My boss also doesn't pay me what I want.

BeefyD
04-10-2006, 12:44 PM

HA!!! I know exactly the guy you're talking about!

DeadMoney
04-10-2006, 12:58 PM

The batboys did not get a ring, but got the watches.

peeonwrigley
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
I was at a bar Friday night and a woman who worked for the Sox marketing department was there wearing her ring. She came to our table and asked if we were Sox fans, which 3 of us were. She let us pose for pictures wearing the ring... total awesomeness... even if it only fit on my pinkey.

And for those of you questioning her sanity, she had several male friends in very close proximity keeping a very close eye on the ring. She said she also had an insurance policy.

ewokpelts
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
The fact is that he tried to negotiate with St. Louis 3 years ago and was stopped by JMR. Very unethical. Then they fired Hagan when they hired Rooney, then the rehired him for radio. St. Louis is a backstabbing organization. Rooney better hope that Costas doesn't want the job!
BTW. My boss also doesn't pay me what I want.radio personalities field offers all the time...remember uncle jerry cozying up to the score after the moron got a radio show?

kevingrt
04-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Good for Rooney... I still listen to him in Missouri. I wonder what we do for him when he comes to Chicago in June. Should be kind of cool

JohnBasedowYoda
04-10-2006, 04:12 PM
HA!!! I know exactly the guy you're talking about!

I put a picture of him in the WSI Photo Gallery last year. SHould be under "other sox employees" or something

darkstar77
04-13-2006, 01:04 PM

i know that guys who work in the scoreboard got rings as well.

darkstar77
04-13-2006, 01:05 PM

i like how hawk got his fit for his pinky :D:

Steelrod
04-13-2006, 03:38 PM
radio personalities field offers all the time...remember uncle jerry cozying up to the score after the moron got a radio show?
It's called tampering when there's 3 years left in a contract.
One can ask permission to do so, but wasn't done. Also JR is not an on air personality, and often goes on other stations.

Stoky44
04-13-2006, 07:19 PM

One of my other favorite venders is an older asian lady who sells hotdogs. She walks around and with all her might whispers "hotdog". My friends and I always kinda laugh when she walks by. I mean we go from one extreme with the beer guy to the other extreme of not hearing anything unless you are on end of the row next to the hotdog lady, as she whispers "hotdog".