PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT let Hangar18 Read Chicago Sports Sections Monday Morning!

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2006, 10:58 PM
With us losing two of three to the Royals and the Cubs sweeping the Cardinals, the media will most assuredly go hog wild over the Cubs. If Henry sees the sports sections Monday morning, it could be too much for him to take!

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2006, 11:20 PM
:whocares

The White Sox are 2-4. The Tribe is 5-1.

That's all that I care about.

MadetoOrta
04-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Actually, we don't care about the cubs but we do care about Henry's sanity.

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Actually, we don't care about the cubs but we do care about Henry's sanity.

He has sanity left?

vegyrex
04-10-2006, 12:09 AM
I can only imagine how the cubbie love fest is going to be like on Monday. :rolleyes:

LuvSox
04-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I can only imagine how the cubbie love fest is going to be like on Monday. :rolleyes:

Next year is here baby!!!!!!!!!!

Foulke You
04-10-2006, 02:16 AM
It will no doubt be vomit inducing. The inevitable "Is this the year?" stuff will be trotted out and Cub sheep will start printing playoff tickets and then they'll drop the next 2 games and life returns to normal.:cool:

Dan Mega
04-10-2006, 09:07 AM
There are a few articles on the Cubs sweep, Barretts slam, thats all I read from the Cubs side. The Sox have articles about how they are going to play the hot Detroit Tigers, how they were able to win verse the Royals yesterday, and how Crazy Carl can't keep his mouth shut.

roylestillman
04-10-2006, 09:10 AM
...But to calm him down, I noticed that a large number of the seats in the new Busch Stadium have yet to be installed.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2006, 09:14 AM
...But to calm him down, I noticed that a large number of the seats in the new Busch Stadium have yet to be installed.

:roflmao:

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 09:21 AM
With us losing two of three to the Royals and the Cubs sweeping the Cardinals, the media will most assuredly go hog wild over the Cubs. If Henry sees the sports sections Monday morning, it could be too much for him to take!

The morning news shows were definitely awful this morning to take. I quickly made sure to do something else. Cubby news bimbette Nancy Loo today had the biggest, widest, cheerleader smile when she just blurted during the sports "how bout them cubbies?!". This ....for a 4-1 start.
When the sox started 4-1, you didnt hear a peep out of her. I cant believe of all the momentum we gained, its now all gone, with the other team now back to "normal". I hate this city

TommyJohn
04-10-2006, 09:35 AM
I cant believe of all the momentum we gained, its now all gone, with the other team now back to "normal". I hate this city

Come on. Did you really expect it to be any other way? I didn't.

Jurr
04-10-2006, 09:35 AM
The morning news shows were definitely awful this morning to take. I quickly made sure to do something else. Cubby news bimbette Nancy Loo today had the biggest, widest, cheerleader smile when she just blurted during the sports "how bout them cubbies?!". This ....for a 4-1 start.
When the sox started 4-1, you didnt hear a peep out of her. I cant believe of all the momentum we gained, its now all gone, with the other team now back to "normal". I hate this city
Man...I love the media conspiracy stuff. It's the best. Better than coffee in the morning.

oeo
04-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Good...let them get all the press, we succeeded without it last year. Let them talk about the Cubs all they want, we know they aren't going anywhere...and while they go on and on, we'll "sneak" into another championship.

SOXPHILE
04-10-2006, 10:42 AM
The Cubune on Saturday and Sunday was absolutely pathetic. On saturday, I counted 8 Cubs related articles, along with a few, large, full color photos, while the Sox had a whole 1 article. That's it. Then, on Sunday, the Sox improved to 2 articles, along with a couple of small, black & white photos, but, again, the Cubs had about 7-8 articles, again, with some huge, full color photos. We were even treated to, yet again, another article on Juan Pierre. This time, it was the entire back page, in a hard hitting interview with "our guy", Steve Rosenbloom. It will be interestering to see how the coverage in that paper go the first time the Sox win and the Cubs lose on the same day, as well as how they will spin and present things when the Lil' Blue Ones lose a few more and come back down to earth after this history making 4-1 start.

miker
04-10-2006, 01:56 PM
I have fixed my problem with the Chicago media's reporting on the White Sox. I give them the same amount of respect they give the White Sox -- ZERO!

MadetoOrta
04-10-2006, 04:40 PM

Henry,

You've got it all wrong. You'll love this city by May 15th and here's why: the mediots have already fallen hook, line and sinker for the "this must be the cubs year" crap. When they inevitably fall back to mediocrity or worse and our beloved ascend to the top of the AL Central, the teeth knashing and bitching coming from the northside will reach a crecendo. Watch those yuppie scumbags turn on the cubs. It will be absolutely priceless. The worst thing for the cubs is for people to actually believe it's "their year." You'll see. When it occurs, enjoy.

Relax ..... we're World Champs!

Mike

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Henry,

You've got it all wrong. You'll love this city by May 15th and here's why: the mediots have already fallen hook, line and sinker for the "this must be the cubs year" crap. When they inevitably fall back to mediocrity or worse and our beloved ascend to the top of the AL Central, the teeth knashing and bitching coming from the northside will reach a crecendo. Watch those yuppie scumbags turn on the cubs. It will be absolutely priceless. The worst thing for the cubs is for people to actually believe it's "their year." You'll see. When it occurs, enjoy.

Relax ..... we're World Champs!

Mike

What Mike said.

C'mon Henry, you've been around long enough to know that this is business as usual for the Cubs, the media, and the Wrigley Field whatever. And--as I hate to remind you--it'll get worse for Sox fans before it gets better. We have yet to endure the inevitable "Prior's back" and "Wood's back" drivel. They'll come back and look really good for a few innings each, then some kind of "slight" injury will occur, and they're back to leading the majors in simulated wins. Still, the Cubs will be (more or less) in contention though. Until we get into around the middle of June or so and all the wheels start to come off. Three-error game here, 10-run ass-kicking there, the players will start looking around for an announcer to blame, and the world will once again have righted itself.

Ya just GOTS ta be patient, Henry! :D:

LauraJ14
04-10-2006, 06:01 PM
The Cubune on Saturday and Sunday was absolutely pathetic. On saturday, I counted 8 Cubs related articles, along with a few, large, full color photos, while the Sox had a whole 1 article. That's it. Then, on Sunday, the Sox improved to 2 articles, along with a couple of small, black & white photos, but, again, the Cubs had about 7-8 articles, again, with some huge, full color photos. We were even treated to, yet again, another article on Juan Pierre. This time, it was the entire back page, in a hard hitting interview with "our guy", Steve Rosenbloom. It will be interestering to see how the coverage in that paper go the first time the Sox win and the Cubs lose on the same day, as well as how they will spin and present things when the Lil' Blue Ones lose a few more and come back down to earth after this history making 4-1 start.

Well it was the Home Opener for the Cubs against their biggest rival.
How many stories did the Sox have for their Home opener?

JB98
04-10-2006, 09:09 PM
The Cubs will take the pipe again this year. Just have patience.

tony1972
04-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I know I will be jumped all over for this...but I don't think there is such a huge bias...

The opener for the White Sox as well as the opening series against Cleveland took up all the front pages of every paper in Chicago - the Sox were featured prominently on the front page of the sports sections (even in the Tribune)..

The Sox played the Royals this weekend on the road...while the Cubs opened at home against thier huge rival the Cardinals and swept them...come on people...the Monday morning papers should have had the Cubs stories first...

I just don't think there is this huge conspiracy...both team get coverage when they are winning and both are ignored when they are losing...look at how the Sox dominated the Trib last year although they own the Cubs...

Just be happy with our trophy (and Hangar's too):D: