PDA

View Full Version : Release Isringhausen

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
My God does he suck! This weekend could be the biggest embarrassment for Cardinal Nation in a decade! Getting swept by the Cubs at Wrigley Field will, well, I hope Hangar stays away from sharp objects tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!

:chunks

Thank God we won today! When we face the Cardinals this summer, we could be down 11-2 and still have a 100% of victory if LaRussa trots Isringhausen out there.

DSpivack
04-09-2006, 09:55 PM
He couldn't throw a strike at all. I do not know why La Russa left him out there so long. Ugh. I yelled at my tv and turned it off after Barrett's slam.

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2006, 09:56 PM
He couldn't throw a strike at all. I do not know why La Russa left him out there so long. Ugh. I yelled at my tv and turned it off after Barrett's slam.

:hawk
If only I were the Cardinal general manager right now...

JUribe1989
04-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Cubs fans chant sweep in early April
Sox fans chant sweep in late October

DSpivack
04-09-2006, 10:00 PM
If only I were the Cardinal general manager right now...

Jocketty knows what he's doing. Iz has been a good closer for years, hopefully he just works out whatever funk he is in right now.

samram
04-09-2006, 10:02 PM

He really looked awful. In fact, that's the type of inning that turns a guy from a pretty reliable closer into Billy Koch. I knew someone on the Cubs was going deep as soon as he got one near the strike zone, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt that way.

That said, good for the Cubs- nothing like being the Champs of the First Week of April.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2006, 10:03 PM
This was a pretty fun game to watch. Too bad the Cubs were able to tattoo the Cards for 5 in the 8th.

thomas35forever
04-09-2006, 10:04 PM
I was just talking to a Cards fan online and said maybe the Cubs fans chanting sweep will inspire the Cards to tie the score in the ninth. If only that could happen.

Chisox1500
04-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Izzy has lost his once great velocity. But I doubt the Cubs' rotation will hold up long enough for it to really matter.

DickAllen72
04-09-2006, 10:21 PM
This was a pretty fun game to watch. Too bad the Cubs were able to tattoo the Cards for 5 in the 8th.

The Cubs have a lot more speed this year, and so far they're playing like the Sox did the first half of last year.

We better bring our "A" game when we play them this year.

kittle42
04-09-2006, 10:22 PM
This thread is embarrassing.

chaerulez
04-09-2006, 10:25 PM

Agreed.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2006, 10:28 PM
The Cubs have a lot more speed this year, and so far they're playing like the Sox did the first half of last year.

Who knows what shape that the teams will be in come May but this game was still a lot of fun. Cards up 2-0, then Cubs up 3-2, then Cards up 4-3, then Cubs on top for good. A fun game to watch.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2006, 10:29 PM

kittle42's love of Isringhausen has been well documented.:redneck

NDSox12
04-09-2006, 10:31 PM

The Cubs have stolen one base so far this season. They don't look much different than the '05 version to me...

One thing I realized watching that game though is that the Sox bullpen problems don't seem so bad compared to the Cardinals.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-09-2006, 10:32 PM
You guys must be really hard up to watch baseball. The National League is a ****ing joke. I almost NEVER watch an N.L. game.

Not even the A.L. of the 1970's was as weak compared to the rival league as the N.L. is today. It's like watching AAA ballplayers out there.

Oh, and Tony LaRussa is a joke, too.

JorgeFabregas
04-09-2006, 10:33 PM
He was really bad/scary in the playoffs last year as well.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2006, 10:35 PM
You guys must be really hard up to watch baseball. The National League is a ****ing joke. I almost NEVER watch an N.L. game.

Not even the A.L. of the 1970's was as weak compared to the rival league as the N.L. is today. It's like watching AAA ballplayers out there.

Eh, it was either that or "The War at Home". AL is still better though.

I stand by my decision...:cool:

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2006, 10:35 PM

TLR overmanages. That is why he only won one World Series, I believe.

Jjav829
04-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Yikes, that's about as bad as it gets for a reliever. Izzy couldn't throw a strike to save his life. That slam was pretty predictable.

I don't blame LaRussa, though. Right move, wrong outcome.

Jjav829
04-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Eh, it was either that or "The War at Home". AL is still better though.

I stand by my decision...:cool:

AL/NL, who gives a ****? :dunno: It's still baseball.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2006, 10:38 PM

...and that's why I tuned in.:D:

FedEx227
04-09-2006, 10:38 PM
If anyone wants to see an even more fall from pitching grace then check out the entire Atlanta Braves team. WOW do they suck so far. That streak FINALLY looks like its over.

and for those of you who said the NL is a joke, I totally agree, watching their games then watching AL games... theres no comparison. Even overall NL pitching has turned into a complete joke, almost every other game is in double-digits.

samram
04-09-2006, 10:41 PM

No kidding. Plus, Albert Pujols was playing in that game. Why wouldn't I watch a game in which that guy is playing?

Jjav829
04-09-2006, 10:41 PM
If anyone wants to see an even more fall from pitching grace then check out the entire Atlanta Braves team. WOW do they suck so far. That streak FINALLY looks like its over.

and for those of you who said the NL is a joke, I totally agree, watching their games then watching AL games... theres no comparison. Even overall NL pitching has turned into a complete joke, almost every other game is in double-digits.

Give it time before you go writing off the Braves. One week does not a season make. Hudson and Smoltz have both been bad early on. I think it's safe to say neither will continue to pitch like this. Cox has a lot of new pieces he's trying to fit together. Give him a month or so to adjust and the Braves will be fine.

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2006, 10:42 PM
No kidding. Plus, Albert Pujols was playing in that game. Why wouldn't I watch a game in which that guy is playing?

Albert had a crappy series. 1 for 10, I think? He'll whack the Cubs around next weekend at the new Busch.

Jjav829
04-09-2006, 10:42 PM

There's no hitter I enjoy watching more in the game. He's one of the few players that I will stop whatever I am doing just to watch.

TheOldRoman
04-09-2006, 10:46 PM

What the hell are you talking about? What more speed do the Cubs have? Pierre? That is about it. Their defense is horrible (rookie at short and butchers at two other key positions - 3B and CF).

The Cubs aren't playing like last year's Sox because they dont have PITCHING. They have Zambrano and ... well, they have Zambrano. Prior will be good for 10 starts or so, Maddux will continue to serve up BP, and the AAA starters they have going 4 and 5 will suck. Don't let this week fool you, their pitching blows. Signing Gas "Can Howry" didn't help.

As for us needing to bring our A game against them, no way. We should bring our A game every day. However, if there ever was a time to bring our A game, it isn't in 6 meaningless games against a 4th or 5th place team, and the Cubs will certainly be by then.

dcb56
04-09-2006, 10:54 PM
The Cubs have stolen one base so far this season. They don't look much different than the '05 version to me...

One thing I realized watching that game though is that the Sox bullpen problems don't seem so bad compared to the Cardinals.

Yup, and 21 of the 38 runs they've scored thus far, 55%, have come from the long ball. I know it's only a week into the season, but so far they are just as dependent, if not more so, on the home run to score as they were last year.

Foulke You
04-10-2006, 01:11 AM

Y'know, I was guilty of watching about half the game too and I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking what PHG said. I'm watching the Cards and shaking my head thinking "This is the BEST the NL has to offer?". Outside of their fearsome 3-4-5 combo of Pujols/Rolen/Edmonds, the Cardinal lineup doesn't exactly strike fear in my heart. Corner outfield spots manned by So Taguchi and Encarnacion? All stars! No wonder Cards fans were upset about their offseason. The pitching I was watching wasn't all that impressive either.

Foulke You
04-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Give it time before you go writing off the Braves. One week does not a season make. Hudson and Smoltz have both been bad early on. I think it's safe to say neither will continue to pitch like this. Cox has a lot of new pieces he's trying to fit together. Give him a month or so to adjust and the Braves will be fine.
Agreed. I still think the Bravos will be back on top by mid Summer as usual. If I'm not mistaken the Braves got off to a slow start last year as well and rebounded.

However, Chipper went down with an injury today and they will have to nail down the closer problem real soon as well. I will say the NL East is as ripe as its been in a while though for a newcomer to take the crown.

Kuzman
04-10-2006, 07:19 AM
I would personally like to thank him for the INFINITY era he gave me in fantasy baseball and gave 2 points to the person I was playing in ERA and WHIP:angry:

Reni
04-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Cubs fans chant sweep in early April
Sox fans chant sweep in late October

that was my thought exactly

f'in losers.

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 08:04 AM
My God does he suck! This weekend could be the biggest embarrassment for Cardinal Nation in a decade! Getting swept by the Cubs at Wrigley Field will, well, I hope Hangar stays away from sharp objects tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!

:chunks

Thank God we won today! When we face the Cardinals this summer, we could be down 11-2 and still have a 100% of victory if LaRussa trots Isringhausen out there.

my god .................... that guy was embarrassing ................I was embarrassed for cardinal fans. I knew that team was way way overrated.
what an embarrassment. and just like I predicted, the media is going hog-wild about them right now.

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 08:07 AM

Not to be the "yeah man, your I agree totally" but yes, the NL is a **** joke. I tried to watch the Giants Braves sat nite, I couldnt make it thru ......... last nites game, I didnt watch, but I did keep getting updates
and was able to watch 1 minute of that horrible inning. everything phg says is spot-on. Thats why the nl shops in the al when they want good players

itsnotrequired
04-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Not to be the "yeah man, your I agree totally" but yes, the NL is a **** joke. I tried to watch the Giants Braves sat nite, I couldnt make it thru ......... last nites game, I didnt watch, but I did keep getting updates
and was able to watch 1 minute of that horrible inning. everything phg says is spot-on. Thats why the nl shops in the al when they want good players

Extra Innings was showing a lot of NL games during last week's free preview. That whole Braves-Giants series was brutal. The only decent NL games I saw were last night's (until the end) and the Brewer games.

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Extra Innings was showing a lot of NL games during last week's free preview. That whole Braves-Giants series was brutal. The only decent NL games I saw were last night's (until the end) and the Brewer games.

It is the Braves and Giants.....what do you expect? Those 2 teams are about the most boring as you can get.