PDA

View Full Version : The Relievers Thread

JorgeFabregas
04-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Relief pitchers are consistently the strangest players. Strange names, strange looks, strange performances--it's hard to predict their performance from year to year.

My two candidates for the Reliever All-Names team are JJ Putz and Jimmy Gobble. Gobble also gets extra reliever points for being one of the only players in the MLB to look as young as fellow-reliever Brad Thompson.
http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/7201.jpghttp://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/7536.jpg

gobears1987
04-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Where's that hilarious sig picture of Brendan Donnely looking like Col. Sanders and the "finger licking good" quote. That was hilarious.

PAPChiSox729
04-09-2006, 09:48 PM
It's killing me that I can't remember this guy's name. A few years ago, there was this RH reliever that would always puff out his cheeks and then turn his head sharply and stare down the batter. I thought it was hilarious. IIRC, Mark Grace did an impression of him when he got called to the mound. What is this guy's name??

santo=dorf
04-09-2006, 10:09 PM
It's killing me that I can't remember this guy's name. A few years ago, there was this RH reliever that would always puff out his cheeks and then turn his head sharply and stare down the batter. I thought it was hilarious. IIRC, Mark Grace did an impression of him when he got called to the mound. What is this guy's name??
Mike Fetters

JorgeFabregas
04-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Strangest looking reliever may go to Ezekiel Astacio, though that may be unfair because he looks as if he has a bonafide medical malady.

RealMenWearBlack
04-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Strangest looking reliever may go to Ezekiel Astacio, though that may be unfair because he looks as if he has a bonafide medical malady.

It looks like cystic acne to me, but I'm not too sure.

NonetheLoaiza
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM

When Grace did that impression of Fetters, I couldn't stop laughing for awhile. It was great, because he did it to like 3 batters in the inning. He pitched pretty well for 2/3 an inning, IIRC. But then, the onslaught began.