PDA

View Full Version : Our Boy In The Hot Corner...

SoxSideIrish
04-09-2006, 03:46 PM
If Joe Crede doesn't win a Gold Glove this year, there is something very wrong with the system (as if we didn't know that already.) The ninth inning today against KC was a prime example of why he should be taking home the hardware. I'm of the opinion that, if your team wins the championship the previous year, there's not a lot that goes unnoticed the next year... which should work to Joe's advantage. He gets better every year. And now that the media will take every opportunity to scrutinize the reigning champs, I think that Joe will finally get what is rightfully his...the AL third basemen Gold Glove. So here's to our boy down in the hot corner...cheers :gulp:.

Brian26
04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
If Joe Crede doesn't win a Gold Glove this year, there is something very wrong with the system (as if we didn't know that already.)

There's still another 156 games to be played, and you're already handing out awards? Isn't this what is wrong with the system (ie last year Rowand not getting it because the AL three outfielders were decided before the season started).

TornLabrum
04-09-2006, 03:49 PM
There's still another 156 games to be played, and you're already handing out awards?

Ya gotta love the extremes of the fans around here. Lose four in a row and some are positively suicidal. Win one with a couple of defensive gems, and we're going 158-4 with 9 gold gloves to be won in November.

DMarte708
04-09-2006, 04:09 PM
There's still another 156 games to be played, and you're already handing out awards? Isn't this what is wrong with the system (ie last year Rowand not getting it because the AL three outfielders were decided before the season started).
Watching baseball tonight, I believe they've already decided two gold glove awards--Sizemore in the OF and Alex Rodriguez at 3B. Might as well join in.

SoxSideIrish
04-09-2006, 04:30 PM
There's still another 156 games to be played, and you're already handing out awards? Isn't this what is wrong with the system (ie last year Rowand not getting it because the AL three outfielders were decided before the season started).OK fine, there should have been a disclaimer...Assuming Joe plays the way he's fully capable of playing, and the way he has been playing for some time now, I believe this could be his year. I am by no means giving him the award now. Am I not allowed to cheer for my favorite player and hope that he gets the recognition I think he deserves? Why is my rooting for Joe all of the sudden "what is wrong with the system"? I don't hand out the awards. But apparently Crede isn't going to keep playing his game for the next 156 games...so why bother hoping.

Jurr
04-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Ya gotta love the extremes of the fans around here. Lose four in a row and some are positively suicidal. Win one with a couple of defensive gems, and we're going 158-4 with 9 gold gloves to be won in November.
Very funny stuff!!:tongue:

esbrechtel
04-09-2006, 05:13 PM
i thought that fields was going to play third this year...heres to Joe Crede :gulp:

WinOrDyeTrying
04-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Based on the Shoota model, Joe actually had 3 errors tonight. Once when the ball came out of the glove in the 9th, another when he didnt get the ball off in time to iguchi to get the double play, and once when he didnt catch the foul ball 16 rows back. :smile:

mcfish
04-09-2006, 06:36 PM
I knoow it's fun to hate him, but ARod's pretty damn good defensively. Obviously a lot of baseball left to play for both of them, but coming in second to ARod for the Gold Glove for whatever reason is not something to be ashamed of. Like it or not, it's a popularity contest, so Joe is going to have to be that much better than the popular pick to win it.

WSox8404
04-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Based on the Shoota model, Joe actually had 3 errors tonight. Once when the ball came out of the glove in the 9th, another when he didnt get the ball off in time to iguchi to get the double play, and once when he didnt catch the foul ball 16 rows back. :smile:

HaHa I miss shoota and his quirky ways.....lol. Wait no I don't.

bayzbol44
04-09-2006, 06:53 PM
This guy is overrated!!! Catches a few balls and he is supposed to win a Gold Glove?

Brian26
04-09-2006, 07:00 PM
This guy is overrated!!! Catches a few balls and he is supposed to win a Gold Glove?

Ugh. :rolleyes:

credefan24
04-09-2006, 07:06 PM
How 'bout that Joe Crede!

hawkjt
04-09-2006, 07:53 PM
it is there are two very good fielders in Chavez and A-rod that will usually get the nod over SuperJoe cuz of offensive stats. Joe needs to have a big year at the plate to get recognized.

I am just glad he is our third baseman, screw the awards.

depy48
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
I wouldnt lock him in for a gold glove, but he does have a good shot at making the all star team with Ozzie managing this year. Hopefully a lot of deserving White Sox find themselves in Pittsburgh this summer.

batmanZoSo
04-09-2006, 08:01 PM

LMAO. We're a pretty bipolar lot, eh? I'm happy we won a game. I say just enjoy the ride... :moonwalk:

Corlose 15
04-10-2006, 12:27 AM
it is there are two very good fielders in Chavez and A-rod that will usually get the nod over SuperJoe cuz of offensive stats. Joe needs to have a big year at the plate to get recognized.

You're right, and that just goes to show how assinine the gold gloves are. The idea that offensive numbers could be the deciding factor in an award for defense is bassackwards.

HaroMaster87
04-10-2006, 01:56 AM

:tealpolice::tealtutor:

nuff said, genius....

HotelWhiteSox
04-10-2006, 02:16 AM

Yes, I think the playoff/World Series exposure may help though. Once you get recognized on a big stage and start making those game savers, there's a chance of becoming a regular, like Torri Hunter, who doesn't have the best OF offensive stats.

I still think Joe is underrated though, as many of the plays he makes to look routine go through as hits or are seen as web gems if made by others. I am a little biased though, as he is/has been one of my favorite Sox players for years now :redface:

TDog
04-10-2006, 03:21 AM

You don't have to actually play to win a gold glove (see Torii Hunter, 2005).

Remember when you were in school and you voted on things and teachers told you it wasn't a popularity contest and you wondered, when will they hold a popularity contest?

The gold gloves vote is one such contest.

Steelrod
04-10-2006, 04:13 AM
Sounds about right!

Bobbo35
04-10-2006, 06:58 AM

Thats what I am preaching. I am glad he is on our team. Like I said before best infield in the majors.

Justagirl
04-10-2006, 08:58 AM
A *few* balls? Maybe if you're watching him play for the first time this season, but if you ask me- I dont think he gets enough credit.

hawkjt
04-10-2006, 01:35 PM
with that two run line shot homer in Detroit today.

Joe looks like a different player this year over last summer. Confidence-wise I just think last fall has made him a different player. He looks like he expects to come thru everytime now.

He is going to have a big career from here on out. Craig Nettles anyone?

HaroMaster87
04-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Too bad he will be gone after next year, as he has Scott Boras as his agent...:angry::whiner:

chisoxfanatic
04-10-2006, 01:41 PM
He sure made an outstanding play out there in the bottom of the 5th at Comerica Park! For those of you who didn't see the play, the ball bounced off of Crede's glove (straight up into the air), and Crede caught it with his bare right hand! Crede has made some outstanding plays out there that opposing teams' fans and players can only envy!

TaylorStSox
04-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Too bad he will be gone after next year, as he has Scott Boras as his agent...:angry::whiner:

We own the rights to Crede through 08.

Huisj
04-10-2006, 03:13 PM
You don't have to actually play to win a gold glove (see Torii Hunter, 2005).

Remember when you were in school and you voted on things and teachers told you it wasn't a popularity contest and you wondered, when will they hold a popularity contest?

The gold gloves vote is one such contest.

Or see Palmeiro in '99 with Texas. He won the gold glove while playing DH 135 games and only 28 at 1B. What a crock that was.

batmanZoSo
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Or see Palmeiro in '99 with Texas. He won the gold glove while playing DH 135 games and only 28 at 1B. What a crock that was.
Ugh, who could forget that...

For that, and the fact that Buehrle still doesn't have one, I say:

:peehttp://eteamz.active.com/J-hawks/images/gold_glove_award_shine_lg_clr.gif

TaylorStSox
04-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Ugh, who could forget that...

For that, and the fact that Buehrle still doesn't have one, I say:

:peehttp://eteamz.active.com/J-hawks/images/gold_glove_award_shine_lg_clr.gif

IMO, Garland should get one before Mark. I agree though, the GG is a joke and always has been.

ode to veeck
04-10-2006, 04:09 PM

I thought we were going 158-4 when we had lost 4 in a row. GGs for Crede is a no brainer