PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Breaking Out the Old Unis today

Brian26
04-09-2006, 02:21 PM
It's pretty cool to see CLee wearing the old Brewers jersey. I think they look great too. I bet they go back to these full-time next year.

Also, in the absurdity of the day, the Brewers announce team had Gorman Thomas up in the booth. He just claimed that he could have hit 85 homers if they would have had Miller Park in 1979. :rolleyes:

TDog
04-09-2006, 04:50 PM
It's pretty cool to see CLee wearing the old Brewers jersey. I think they look great too. I bet they go back to these full-time next year.

Also, in the absurdity of the day, the Brewers announce team had Gorman Thomas up in the booth. He just claimed that he could have hit 85 homers if they would have had Miller Park in 1979. :rolleyes:

County Stadium was such a pitcher's Park. Imagine what Henry Aaron could have done if he hadn't started and ended his career there.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Unis didn't seem to help much today. Brewers lose 7-0.

1951Campbell
04-09-2006, 05:02 PM

Yeah, and 250 strikeouts.

jortafan
04-09-2006, 06:26 PM
County Stadium was such a pitcher's Park. Imagine what Henry Aaron could have done if he hadn't started and ended his career there.

Actually, County Stadium was a pitchers' park, particularly in the 1950s when the Braves played there and the playing field was configured a little differently. The ball didn't carry well.

I'm not saying Hank Aaron wasn't special in Milwaukee, but his career benefitted from a move to Atlanta where the ball carried very well.

ComiskeyBrewer
04-12-2006, 06:46 AM

Honestly, i hope not. This brewers club is finally getting good, they need to have their own history in thier own jerseys. Having the Retro look once a week is cool, but i prefer to see them use the current ones. The only change i would make is have it say "Milwaukee" on the front of the away jerseys.