PDA

View Full Version : Urinal pigeon nesting update?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can give me an update on the status of that 2 year-old netting the Cubune stuck above the 15,000 seats located underneath the lawsuit-in-waiting upper deck? The netting just came through it's second Chicago winter of service and the pigeons are busy preparing a new set of nests.

I would have thought Cubune architecture critic Blair Kamin would have mentioned the latest news on the nets in his breathless praise for the BudLight bleacher renovations, but I'm guessing he was distracted by those multiple orgasms he was enjoying. I'm sure they're every bit as asthetically pleasing to the eye as everything else he described at the Urinal.
:wink:

Maybe apologist-in-chief Rick Morrissey can write a piece excusing Kamin's oversight. That's his job these days, making excuses for his fellow Cubune staffers.
:cool:

HotelWhiteSox
04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Don't pay too much attention to the other side of town, but was listening to the Score a couple days ago, they were promising a baseball segment, and instead it was a 'how do the bleachers look' (:puking: ) segment, and there was a like uncomfortable pause or 'oh' feeling when the reporter mentioned that nets were still around, with the hosts thinking they were going to be gone by now. They didn't expand on it, but I automatically thought of the whole situation as that 'polishing a turd' saying

Frater Perdurabo
04-09-2006, 04:13 PM
They didn't expand on it, but I automatically thought of the whole situation as that 'polishing a turd' saying

One can only polish a turd so many times before it turns to diarrhea. :redneck

miker
04-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Isn't the netting there to catch the falling concrete? As for the falling bird crap, let it rain on the Cubbie faithful.

Iwritecode
04-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Isn't the netting there to catch the falling concrete? As for the falling bird crap, let it rain on the Cubbie faithful.

I think the point he's trying to make is that the nets are 2 years old, have been through 2 Chicago winters and the pigeons are surely taking pieces of it for their nests. It's bound to have a few holes in it before too long. :o:

Also the fact that this "temporary solution" still exists 2 years later...

miker
04-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I think the point he's trying to make is that the nets are 2 years old, have been through 2 Chicago winters and the pigeons are surely taking pieces of it for their nests. It's bound to have a few holes in it before too long. :o:

Also the fact that this "temporary solution" still exists 2 years later...
Are pigeons naturally attracted to stupid people and the smell of urine?

thepaulbowski
04-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Are pigeons naturally attracted to stupid people and the smell of urine?

They are rats with wings...

Andy T Clown
04-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I think it's time to condem everything except the BUD LIGHT BLEACHERS!

Do they still have idiots on the street trying to catch home run balls, or did the new bleachers kill that?

Tragg
04-11-2006, 10:06 PM
When I read the title of this thread, I started laughing....and 2 minutes later, I haven't stopped. :supernana:

TheDarkGundam
04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Last week, I was telling a Cub fan I know about going to the ring ceremony. I told I had good seats in the upper deck. He asks me: "Did the Sox ever fix the upper deck?"
Now, if I were Hangar, I would've ripped him apart. Unfortunately, I always think of a good Cub zinger after the fact. I would've said something along the lines of "Did the Cubs ever fix that falling concrete problem?", but all I could come up with was "Yeah, the upper deck is fine." :rolleyes:

Hangar18
04-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Last week, I was telling a Cub fan I know about going to the ring ceremony. I told I had good seats in the upper deck. He asks me: "Did the Sox ever fix the upper deck?"
Now, if I were Hangar, I would've ripped him apart. Unfortunately, I always think of a good Cub zinger after the fact. I would've said something along the lines of "Did the Cubs ever fix that falling concrete problem?", but all I could come up with was "Yeah, the upper deck is fine." :rolleyes:

Cmon! that was a fastball right down the middle my friend, you shouldve taken him yard on that one!
Hawk: "3 balls noo strikes .....Gundam sitting in the catbird seat ....."