PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana/autographs

mike squires
04-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Those who have been to a Devil Ray game, how early would I need to get to the park so I can try and catch some of the guys off the bus for autographs. I know what some of you guys are thinking..."Don't harass the guys..." but this is my first time other than St. Louis catching a game and really want to try and make the most out of it. And try and get my wheeties box signed and a few other guys.

Anyone else going to Tampa for a few of the games? May can't get here fast enough!

Thome's Homey
04-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Those who have been to a Devil Ray game, how early would I need to get to the park so I can try and catch some of the guys off the bus for autographs. I know what some of you guys are thinking..."Don't harass the guys..." but this is my first time other than St. Louis catching a game and really want to try and make the most out of it. And try and get my wheeties box signed and a few other guys.

Anyone else going to Tampa for a few of the games? May can't get here fast enough!

What you'll usually see these days is buses unloading in fenced-in lots...With you on the wrong end of the fence. Better try around batting practice time, instead.

SectionBNole
04-08-2006, 11:32 PM
I live around there and go to about 20 games a year. What me and my friends do is get there 2 hours before the first pitch which is when they open the gates and we run down to the visitors dugout. We usually get anywhere from 1-6 autographs during the pregame warmups. The bullpen pitchers are particularly easy to get. As for the bus, Im not too sure since I've never tried that method before.

Some of the Autographs ive gotten at the games have been:

Loazia
Cotts
Schoenweiss
Eric Brynes
Mark Kotsay
Carl Crawford
Seth McClung

SectionBNole
04-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Feel free to PM me if you need to.

soxfanreggie
04-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I've been to tons of Sox/D-Rays games down there. Because there are consistently under 10,000 fans at the games, it is really easy to get tons of sigs-from both teams. Wearing Sox gear though will definitely go over well with the guys. I got a few balls and tons of autographs by wearing my Sox gear. Hawk even stopped by to talk and said he loved seeing Sox fans down there.

Don't even worry about the bus, just get there 2 hours before and you'll be fine. Enjoy the cheap tickets and ability to bring in tons of stuff to eat and drink-only team in baseball that lowered their ticket prices!

Thome's Homey
04-09-2006, 10:29 AM
only team in baseball that lowered their ticket prices!

...And made the parking free! If I lived down there, it wouldn't matter that I was a Sox fan. I'd have a season ticket. It's so cheap to see the Rays, and they have guys like Crawford and Gomes who would actually be fun to watch.

SectionBNole
04-09-2006, 10:44 AM
...And made the parking free! If I lived down there, it wouldn't matter that I was a Sox fan. I'd have a season ticket. It's so cheap to see the Rays, and they have guys like Crawford and Gomes who would actually be fun to watch.

Exactly what I plan on doing this season.

Cuck the Fubs
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM

I will be down there for work the week the Sox are in Tampa.....so I WILL be there!