PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Jumping

Taliesinrk
04-08-2006, 11:40 PM
For all those who are ready to jump.. or just really frustrated by the way the Sox have been playing; I think I may have a pretty good remedy for you.

I can't remember how I got it (I think on here)... but ESPN 1000 put out a mix of John Rooney's calls from last year (just over 10 minutes in length). I was pretty frustrated after watching the past few games, so decided to put it on tonight... I STRONGLY suggest listening to it if you've got the chance. Just hearing those calls (especially the post-season and world series) sent chills down my whole body all over again. That was one hell of a summer to remember..

ShoelessJoeS
04-08-2006, 11:44 PM
I have that montage (sp?) saved onto my computer. It really does cheer me up when I'm down after a tough Sox loss. As for chills, I don't think they'll ever go away when listening to Rooney's calls or watching the DVDs.

Jurr
04-09-2006, 11:02 AM
For all those who are ready to jump.. or just really frustrated by the way the Sox have been playing; I think I may have a pretty good remedy for you.

I can't remember how I got it (I think on here)... but ESPN 1000 put out a mix of John Rooney's calls from last year (just over 10 minutes in length). I was pretty frustrated after watching the past few games, so decided to put it on tonight... I STRONGLY suggest listening to it if you've got the chance. Just hearing those calls (especially the post-season and world series) sent chills down my whole body all over again. That was one hell of a summer to remember..
The 2005 season is over, and no amount of "Don't stop believing" or "out..out..the white sox have won........" will make me smile about a Cliff Politte bloop and a blast in 2006. It's time to get back to being the neurotic, passionate fans that don't take anything for granted. It's fun (and more rewarding) that way. Baseball's back!

spiffie
04-09-2006, 11:19 AM
The 2005 season is over, and no amount of "Don't stop believing" or "out..out..the white sox have won........" will make me smile about a Cliff Politte bloop and a blast in 2006. It's time to get back to being the neurotic, passionate fans that don't take anything for granted. It's fun (and more rewarding) that way. Baseball's back!
It's funny, I just don't know if/when that neurotic feeling is going to return. Yesterday when that game ended I changed the channel and didn't think about it again for hours. Last year and all the years before that I would have been in a foul mood for hours. This year though I just am not hurt by losses. I think the World Series removed that urgency, the feeling like "I just want to see them win it all once!" They did win it all and now I feel like I'm at ease about them even when they're doing poorly. I mean, I hope they win and I love watching them, but if they lose, it's not the end of the world. Even if they do it 90 times this year. Because after all, we won it all last year! If they never win it again, I got to have that feeling of pure ecstacy at least one time.

Frontman
04-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Well,

There's a new house rule at my house. My wife isn't allowed to watch more than 2 innings of any White Sox game in a row. She's watched all of the games this week except for the season opener. Guess which one we won?

:)

In reality, we have to take these stretches of bad with the good. I think the team will be fine, as long as our starters can get to the 7th. If we need to go to the bullpen earlier, I'm worried.

Front

TornLabrum
04-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Well,

There's a new house rule at my house. My wife isn't allowed to watch more than 2 innings of any White Sox game in a row. She's watched all of the games this week except for the season opener. Guess which one we won?

:)

In reality, we have to take these stretches of bad with the good. I think the team will be fine, as long as our starters can get to the 7th. If we need to go to the bullpen earlier, I'm worried.

Front

My problem with your "stretches of bad with the good" statement is that we haven't had that stretch of good yet.

No, I'm not a dark cloud, but the Sox have a history of disaster following anything good that happens to them.

MarySwiss
04-09-2006, 11:55 AM
It's funny, I just don't know if/when that neurotic feeling is going to return. Yesterday when that game ended I changed the channel and didn't think about it again for hours. Last year and all the years before that I would have been in a foul mood for hours. This year though I just am not hurt by losses. I think the World Series removed that urgency, the feeling like "I just want to see them win it all once!" They did win it all and now I feel like I'm at ease about them even when they're doing poorly. I mean, I hope they win and I love watching them, but if they lose, it's not the end of the world. Even if they do it 90 times this year. Because after all, we won it all last year! If they never win it again, I got to have that feeling of pure ecstacy at least one time.

I'm not panicking, but when I got into my car yesterday, turned on the radio, and heard we had lost--again--I almost broke the knob on the radio. So I'd say I'm back to being neurotic, at least somewhat.

cbotnyse
04-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I have that montage (sp?) saved onto my computer. It really does cheer me up when I'm down after a tough Sox loss. As for chills, I don't think they'll ever go away when listening to Rooney's calls or watching the DVDs.

can you share that montage? I do not have it and need some cheer up...thanks

Frontman
04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
My problem with your "stretches of bad with the good" statement is that we haven't had that stretch of good yet.

No, I'm not a dark cloud, but the Sox have a history of disaster following anything good that happens to them.

Let's see?

Better record than the Cubs? err, wait.

No injuries to our starters....nevermind.

Our starting pitching has been dominant....oops.

Yeah, I know, we're not doing that hot last week. It's a new week, new chances to get that W.

Trust in lefty. Hopefully, both Burhele and Mickelson can get wins, one in KC, one at Augusta.

Front