PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Club Questions

RealMenWearBlack
04-08-2006, 08:53 PM
How much is the average meal at the Stadium Club? I have Stadium Club passes for April 14, but I also have tickets for the 4th row of section 159. Should I go to the Stadium Club or go to my seats for BP to try to catch some balls? How long after the game ends does the Stadium Club stay open?

CLR01
04-08-2006, 09:33 PM
How much is the average meal at the Stadium Club? I have Stadium Club passes for April 14, but I also have tickets for the 4th row of section 159. Should I go to the Stadium Club or go to my seats for BP to try to catch some balls? How long after the game ends does the Stadium Club stay open?

They usually stay open about an hour. If the game is delayed at all they will shut down early. There have been times I've gone up there and barely finished half a beer before they were kicking people out.

Prices depend on which level you go to. Downstairs they do a buffet (they may do menu I only ate there once) and IIRC the price was around $25-30 a person, maybe more. The upstair bar area is cheaper, probably around $10-15 PP with drink. They also have a good dessert buffet.

If you have never been there before go hang out in the bar before the game. Remember to bring a CC, they do not take cash.

jamokes
04-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Call up the day before or that morning and reserve seats on the window. They will hold seats for you otherwise you will not get a good view.

TheKittle
04-08-2006, 11:22 PM
If you have never been there before go hang out in the bar before the game. Remember to bring a CC, they do not take cash.

How stupid is that, a place not taking cash? They must not trust the workers there.

Born SoxFan 1962
04-08-2006, 11:52 PM

The Stadium Club serves a fantastic buffet, but it's buffet only. There is no menu to order from. The dining room downstairs has two seatings for night games. Pre-Game and Game-Time. The Pre-Game seating starts 2 hours before the game starts which is the same time the gates open. This year, the first year they have done so, the Stadium Club has sold out all of their memberships. The Upstairs Bar takes reservations for limited seating on the glass and is first come, first served for the rest of the bar area which includes the actual bar in the center of the room as well as tables throughout. They serve the same food upstairs as they do downstairs. The downstairs resturant takes reservations only. Three guests and I had the buffet and drinks on opening day and the bill was $190.00 which included tip.
They begin taking reservations one week in advance and they fill up fast. You should call 312-674-5151 to make your reservation as early as you can. You will have to provide the member account number which is printed on the face of the white Stadium Club passes you have. If the stub that says "Member Acct." is attached to the passes then all you have to do is sign the bill otherwise you will have to bring a credit card. They do not take cash. Hope that helps a bit.

Banix12
04-09-2006, 01:34 AM
How stupid is that, a place not taking cash? They must not trust the workers there.

In the dining room it has more to do with speed being a necessity. They do two seatings with a couple hundred people, one before the game and one during the game. The time between 1st and 2nd seating is tiny and they have to get people in and out as fast as possible and if everybody paid cash you risk logjams around the cash register.

I'll bet the same is true in the bar. You have a lot of people up there, not a huge amount of staff and it gets crowded sometimes. It just makes it easier for the staff to keep track of everything.

Great food up there though. I really enjoy going to the pre-game buffet and then wandering down to my seats to watch the game. Though on certain days if it is gonna be cold I'll hang up there during the game.

Ol' No. 2
04-09-2006, 10:54 AM
This thread has an amazing amount of misinformation. I have never seen them close the Stadium Club during rain delays. In fact, the opposite is true. That's when they do their best business. It's often packed to capacity and there's a line to get in. However, I believe they do close the downstairs buffet after it's scheduled seating time, for obvious reasons.

The downstairs buffet does not require reservations, as I've been there without many times without. But reservations get priority, so given the expected crowds this year, it's a good idea. It is buffet only.

The Upstairs bar has it's own food selection. They have a buffet for about $12.95 that's pretty good, but it's NOT the same as the dining room downstairs. There is a sandwich bar that serves excellent sandwiches for $8.95. There's also a menu you can order from for things like nachos, wings, etc.

Credit cards only makes it easier on the wait staff as they just scan your card when you order and don't have to try to do all that stuff when you're trying to get out to your seats to see the first pitch.

MySoxAreClean
04-09-2006, 11:20 AM
How much is the average meal at the Stadium Club? I have Stadium Club passes for April 14, but I also have tickets for the 4th row of section 159. Should I go to the Stadium Club or go to my seats for BP to try to catch some balls? How long after the game ends does the Stadium Club stay open? Usally an Arm and A leg, I would keep the leg so I can go back to my seats :gulp:

CLR01
04-09-2006, 04:40 PM
This thread has an amazing amount of misinformation. I have never seen them close the Stadium Club during rain delays.

I didn't say they close during rain delays. I said they usually close down early (sooner than a hour) after rain delayed games are over.

RealMenWearBlack
04-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Born SoxFan 1962
04-09-2006, 08:13 PM
This thread has an amazing amount of misinformation. I have never seen them close the Stadium Club during rain delays. In fact, the opposite is true. That's when they do their best business. It's often packed to capacity and there's a line to get in. However, I believe they do close the downstairs buffet after it's scheduled seating time, for obvious reasons.

The downstairs buffet does not require reservations, as I've been there without many times without. But reservations get priority, so given the expected crowds this year, it's a good idea. It is buffet only.

The Upstairs bar has it's own food selection. They have a buffet for about $12.95 that's pretty good, but it's NOT the same as the dining room downstairs. There is a sandwich bar that serves excellent sandwiches for $8.95. There's also a menu you can order from for things like nachos, wings, etc.

Credit cards only makes it easier on the wait staff as they just scan your card when you order and don't have to try to do all that stuff when you're trying to get out to your seats to see the first pitch.

Ol' No. 2 is absolutely right. I gave an "amazing amount of misinformation" and I feel shamed into correcting it. I said that reservations for downstairs are required and can be made one week prior to the game and that's just flat out wrong. Reading from the page marked Stadium Club 2006 Policies that was included in my 2006 member package: "The Stadium Club bar and dining room will open two hours prior to game time in the 2006 season. Pre-game dining room seating will begin at that time. Game time seating will begin at the scheduled start of the game. For a list of specific seating times for both weekday and weekend games, please refer to the policy sheet included with this letter. You may make reservations beginning two weeks prior to the first game of each home stand. A list of the reservation dates is also included in this packet. Reservations are strongly recommended as we have sold out all memberships for the 2006 season." I also forgot to mention the sandwich bar upstairs - sorry. Oh, by the way, the fire marshall closed off access to the stadium club approx. 45 mins into opening night's rain delay and it remained that way through the end of the game.

dllrbll7
04-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Last time I was up there I "mistakenly" walked out with a bar menu for this very purpose. All the prices for the bar are on this pdf and for the main buffet it is $27.95. Gratuity is automatically added on all items. Still haven't dealt to much with the reservations so I can't help much there.

alohafri
04-10-2006, 08:21 AM

People come and go frequently, and often don't stay in one spot. They run a tab on your credit card and keep it open in case you leave, then come back. Gratuity is included, however, that hasn't stopped me from adding more if the service has been particularly good.

cbotnyse
04-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I have a quick question....how do I go about getting a stadium club pass for a game? I do not think they are for sale on an individual basis right? do members offer them for sale? what are the face value of them?...Im sorry I didnt search for this info on whitesox.com, I figured Id get a quick and better response here...thanks!

CLR01
04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I have a quick question....how do I go about getting a stadium club pass for a game? I do not think they are for sale on an individual basis right? do members offer them for sale? what are the face value of them?...Im sorry I didnt search for this info on whitesox.com, I figured Id get a quick and better response here...thanks!

This year you will have to find a member who will give/sell you a pass. They are sold out. The face value I guess would be around $12-15.

dllrbll7
04-10-2006, 10:05 PM
This year you will have to find a member who will give/sell you a pass. They are sold out. The face value I guess would be around $12-15.

I may be putting my up in the ticket exchange soon for games I am not planning on using them but I have to organize all my tickets first...

rookie
04-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I have a question, can you order from the menu both upstairs and downstairs?

And if this was your first time ever to the stadium club, and your only time this year - would you sit upstairs or downstairs? Which is better?

Scottiehaswheels
04-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Ok I have a question regarding stadium club.... Say I get 2 stadium club passes... Can my girlfriend and I get in with her 4 year old on just the 2 passes or will he also need a pass, even though he's so young? Or do they not even allow children?

jabrch
04-22-2006, 10:22 AM
I like going upstairs at the stadium club to the sports bar. A awesome fresh carved sandwich and a beer costs about $20, but it's great eats. I got there an hour and a half before the game and had a blast. Got to my seats with plenty of time to spare for he national anthem.

WhteSox725
08-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one. What is the dress code for the Stadium Club?

hi im skot
08-25-2006, 04:57 PM
The burlap sack has usually been ok for me.

champagne030
08-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one. What is the dress code for the Stadium Club?

Guys need to have sleeve....otherwise pretty much anything goes.

Jerko
08-25-2006, 05:04 PM

No tank tops, no sleeveless shirts. No hole-ey shorts.

WhteSox725
08-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Guys need to have sleeve....otherwise pretty much anything goes.

Jerseys are fine?

I have my bosses Stadium Club passes for tomorrows game and I'm trying to decide if I want to go up there or not.

BigPapaPump
08-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Make sure you get the 2Lb World Series burger, its only $42.

Jerko
08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Jerseys are fine.

dllrbll7
08-26-2006, 01:44 AM
I have never been turned down or had anyone turned down. I have worn sandals, jerseys, tshirts, shorts, jeans... ladies have worn shorts, jerseys, sandals, tank tops, spaghetti straps... as long as you dont look like a bum youll be fine, i think they just want it posted so if they want a reason to kick you out they can.

Definately go up there if youve never been. Its a different enviroment and cool to go up there. I prefer after the game for a beer or two since its open for an hour after, this way you avoid all the traffic.

whitesoxwin
08-28-2006, 08:58 AM
I may be putting my up in the ticket exchange soon for games I am not planning on using them but I have to organize all my tickets first...

You have to be careful on who gets your pass(s), due to the current sold out situation with the Stadium Club, the operators are really keeping track of fans who get out of hand and cause problems. They can revoke your Stadium Club just like the Sox can revoke a season ticket...if they get a hold of your account number.