PDA

View Full Version : Astros Did Championship Rings too!

hula
04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Can you believe that?! My friend in TX said her husband went to a game last week and they gave out '05 Championship rings in a velvet bag. They're on ebay under "Houston Astros ring" Can't believe what babies they are!!

SOXintheBURGH
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Can you believe that?! My friend in TX said her husband went to a game last week and they gave out '05 Championship rings in a velvet bag. They're on ebay under "Houston Astros ring" Can't believe what babies they are!!

You know the players get National League Championship rings too.. :?:

Edward
04-08-2006, 09:07 PM
They deserve it, they won the National League Title and made it to the WS which is a hell of an accomplishment IMO. I know if the SOX would have lost the WS I would still be proud as hell for what they did, and I wouldn't want it to go unnoticed.

P.S. Talking Baseball???
EDIT: Got to it before i can even post, man you guys are quick

Thome's Homey
04-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Can you believe that?!!!

Well, since every pennant winner since before I was born has done that, I'd say yes. Yes, I believe it. :cool:

Daver
04-08-2006, 10:03 PM
P.S. Talking Baseball???
EDIT: Got to it before i can even post, man you guys are quick

Fastest bow in the midwest.

:)

hula
04-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I did not know that. You are a kinder bunch than I......

TheOldRoman
04-09-2006, 11:52 PM
The '59 Sox got rings for winning the pennant. It is a huge accomplishment.

HotelWhiteSox
04-10-2006, 12:00 AM
I personally think it's lame. It's a great accomplishment, but I always identify rings/hardware with the World Champion. Hang your little banner and next time win it all! :tongue:

LuvSox
04-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Nevermind the rings. Houston has Phil Garner. That's comedy gold right there.

chisoxfanatic
04-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Ho, hum...Only WE can say we finished on top of the baseball world! :gulp:

doublem23
04-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Doesn't the team that wins the NFC/AFC but loses the Super Bowl get championship rings, too?

It's a throwback to the day when winning the American League or National League was extremely important and the World Series was just icing on the cake. Had Houston won the World Series, I'm sure the Sox would have been presented with American League Championship rings.

TDog
04-10-2006, 03:26 PM
It's not like the Cubs were giving out Wild Card rings or Sports Illustrated-cover rings. If the Sox had lost the World Series, people here would be cherishing AL penant rings. Going to the World Series is a big deal.

Hitmen77
04-14-2006, 12:49 PM
The '59 Sox got rings for winning the pennant. It is a huge accomplishment.

That ring is shown fairly prominently in the Sox intro video that is played at the start of each game at the Cell.

Hangar18
04-14-2006, 12:53 PM
It's not like the Cubs were giving out Wild Card rings or Sports Illustrated-cover rings. .

I hear that the cubs were thisclose to giving out Wild Card Champions rings ............but was shelved at the last minute

Dan Mega
04-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't see the big deal over it. Even thought the Sox swept the Series, the Astros still came out to play every night. They deserve their NL rings.

tick53
04-15-2006, 11:28 AM
My brother, who knows a sports inside and out didn't realize that the losing
team received rings. It came up whe I told him that Carlton and Hawk were
probably the only two people in the world to have WS rings from both the
White Sox AND the Red Sox.

miker
04-15-2006, 11:32 AM
It's not like the Cubs were giving out Wild Card rings or Sports Illustrated-cover rings.
I thought they were doing Best Attendance rings next homestand...

ewokpelts
04-15-2006, 11:37 AM
My brother, who knows a sports inside and out didn't realize that the losing
team received rings. It came up whe I told him that Carlton and Hawk were
probably the only two people in the world to have WS rings from both the
White Sox AND the Red Sox.fisk and hawk have AL CHAMPIONSHIP rings.

They do not have WS rings.
Gene