PDA

View Full Version : Jim Hendry extended through 2008

SouthSide_HitMen
04-08-2006, 01:35 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060408&content_id=1390030&vkey=pr_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

Good news at it has been reported he is likely to extend Dusty Baker's contract after his deal was finalized (he has full authority).

DumpJerry
04-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Fools.

MarySwiss
04-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Well, I just ruined Mr.MarySwiss's weekend! :cool:

oeo
04-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Wow...how can that organization make stupid decison after stupid decision?

Thome's Homey
04-08-2006, 01:53 PM
I love it! Two thumbs up! Now all they need to do is re-sign Dusty!

In Dusty We Trusty!

I do love it when our competition for ticket sales shoots itself in the foot.

Here's my happy dance!

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

I_Liked_Manuel
04-08-2006, 01:53 PM
this is good news

jdm2662
04-08-2006, 02:00 PM
But, Hendry is the greatest GM ever!!!! He pulls off some the best trades in the history of baseball!!!!

TDog
04-08-2006, 02:15 PM
I read that Dusty Baker is looking for a pay raise, although he only Joe Torre is paid more among MLB managers.

Fenway
04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
But, Hendry is the greatest GM ever!!!! He pulls off some the best trades in the history of baseball!!!!

Well he did win a World Series by trading for Nomar :smile:

Boston never would have won if they don't make the trade with the Cubs :D:

RKMeibalane
04-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Wow...how can that organization make stupid decison after stupid decision?

Because no matter what they do, the blind sheep will continue to flock to the Urinal game after game. As long as the Cubs continue to play in front of a full house, it doesn't matter what kind of product is actually on the field.

PaulDrake
04-08-2006, 03:28 PM
I have a real good friend who loves his cubs like I love the Sox. He actually knows the game unlike many of his compatriots. He's going to be none too pleased.

He gone
04-08-2006, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE][Good news at it has been reported he is likely to extend Dusty Baker's contract after his deal was finalized (he has full authority)./QUOTE]

That would make me laugh if he gives Crusty an extention :bandance:

I wish we had a GM as smart as Hendry :redneck

Hitmen77
04-08-2006, 04:26 PM
His two big successes have been getting Ramirez and Lee for practically nothing. But, was that Hendry's skill or just him being able to use the Trib's deep pockets to cherry pick great players from bottom feeder teams?

Don't get me wrong, the Cubs got those guys where other rich teams didn't. I hate the Cubs as much as anyone, but I have to give them credit for that. But I don't know if that really was because of the genius of Hendry.

As far as Dusty goes, if they give him an extension, that is good news for those of us who don't like the Cubs.

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 10:14 AM
" I want to finish the job here. It wont be long. Im pleased to be here, in what is easily the most coveted job in baseball, and probably in sports ..... gm for the chicago cubs" - Jim Hendry

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 10:19 AM
His two big successes have been getting Ramirez and Lee for practically nothing. But, was that Hendry's skill or just him being able to use the Trib's deep pockets to cherry pick great players from bottom feeder teams?

YUP. thats his claim to fame, being the MLB predators they are, and get star players for absolutely nothing. They have Cedeno (went to 3rd world like country and signed the guy when he was like 12) and Pie (another guy who was treated like a 3rd world commodity and signed when he was like 12)
and were lucky to be able to KEEP them without having traded them.

Dan Mega
04-10-2006, 10:19 AM
" I want to finish the job here. It wont be long. Im pleased to be here, in what is easily the most coveted job in baseball, and probably in sports ..... gm for the chicago cubs" - Jim Hendry

*ponders if his contract included a clause that he had to say that.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-10-2006, 10:53 AM

It ranks with being the general manager of the Washington Generals.

Please give Dusty an extention after his glorious sweep.

peeonwrigley
04-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Cubbie Kool-Aid is flowing. You'd think they just won the NLCS as opposed to sweeping a team at home in April.