PDA

View Full Version : Wrigley showers leave Cardinals with the chills

itsnotrequired
04-08-2006, 10:04 AM
As the St. Louis Cardinals tried to thaw out after their 5-1 loss to the Cubs in Friday's frigid Wrigley Field season opener, they discovered the hot water in their showers had run out after about five minutes.

That's the kind of inconvenience that leads to bitter feelings between the two arch-rivals. Center fielder Jim Edmonds seemed to be speaking for all the Cardinals when he likened playing at Wrigley to "a complete Class A experience."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-0604080162apr08,1,7400963.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

Why is this place so great again?

:tongue:

rocky biddle
04-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Wrigley was a repository for booing last year. The atmosphere has undoubtedly changed the last few seasons because of higher expectations and a less forgiving fan base. But Friday's crowd reaction could be an indication that Barrett's plea for more support and less booing did not fall on deaf ears.

It's one game there big guy. Just wait. Baseball's greatest fans will show their true colors eventually.

Viva Medias B's
04-08-2006, 10:47 AM
:ozzie
"What a piece of [poop] that dump is!"

PaulDrake
04-08-2006, 11:13 AM
What is the matter with him? It's the nirvana of baseball parks.

Fenway
04-08-2006, 11:26 AM
What is the matter with him? It's the nirvana of baseball parks.

I'll never forget the thousands of Boston fans who visited Wrigley and were shocked at how dirty it was. ( and these are people used to Fenway )

only ballpark that smells worse than Wrigley is Yankee Stadium

I want Mags back
04-08-2006, 05:33 PM

They make me park at the McDonald's

Layla
04-08-2006, 07:45 PM
During spring training, I heard a replay of an interview with Buehrle.

I don't remember how it came up, but the topic was Wrigley. Mark mentioned how he hated to go there. And his words were "The field sucks. The locker room sucks. The whole place sucks."

JohnBasedowYoda
04-08-2006, 11:22 PM

My absolute favorite is the short clip during the Sox Pride DVD where Ozzie admitts to getting lost on the way to Wrigley.