PDA

View Full Version : New Bleachers at Urinal

soxwon
04-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Anyone hear any stories on them?

LuvSox
04-08-2006, 01:04 AM
I heard they smell like pee and/or Budweiser.

ilsox7
04-08-2006, 01:09 AM
I heard they smell like pee and/or Budweiser.

One in the same.

soxwon
04-08-2006, 01:29 AM
so nothings changed

Steelrod
04-08-2006, 03:04 AM
How can they add so many seats and no extra washrooms. I guess thats why we call it the urinal.

tick53
04-08-2006, 11:47 AM
I heard they vibrate like the seats used to it in some of the old 50s horror
movies. It made the movies seem more realistic. These make the people in
bleachers think they're at a real ball game.

peeonwrigley
04-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Someone called B&B yesterday after the game saying he witnessed another patron eat a urinal cake for $60.:o:

tick53
04-08-2006, 01:31 PM
The Cell has Funnel Cakes
The Urinal has Urinal Cakes. Makes sense to me:rolleyes:

SouthSide_HitMen
04-08-2006, 01:51 PM
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060406&content_id=1387080&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

I was at the game yesterday. The upper row seats are as high as the "Budweiser" roof in Left - Center Field across the street. Per this article, the new bleachers have caused some of the right / center field rooftop seats to be obstructed (which the Cubs said wouldn't happen before the project to their "partners" who they get a cut of the ticket sales).

They built a small "suite" which looked somewhat empty in the middle of the weeds in centerfield. It looks like this is a private suite. HOK who designed The Cell oversaw this project. They said they would let the fans urinate in the bleacher section during the final game of the first homestand to return the green / mold look to the remodeled bleachers.

I'll be in my first row left center seat for the third game of the Mets series and give a first hand report from the Urinal in July.

Brian26
04-08-2006, 05:03 PM
My first impression is that I notice they are much steeper than the older bleachers.

SOXintheBURGH
04-08-2006, 06:59 PM
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060406&content_id=1387080&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

I was at the game yesterday. The upper row seats are as high as the "Budweiser" roof in Left - Center Field across the street. Per this article, the new bleachers have caused some of the right / center field rooftop seats to be obstructed (which the Cubs said wouldn't happen before the project to their "partners" who they get a cut of the ticket sales).

They built a small "suite" which looked somewhat empty in the middle of the weeds in centerfield. It looks like this is a private suite. HOK who designed The Cell oversaw this project. They said they would let the fans urinate in the bleacher section during the final game of the first homestand to return the green / mold look to the remodeled bleachers.

I'll be in my first row left center seat for the third game of the Mets series and give a first hand report from the Urinal in July.

That photo of the Urinal really shows off how magical the experience of sitting in good old fashioned Wrigley Stadium can really be.

TheDarkGundam
04-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Ah, the historic Wrigley field bleachers. Oh wait, they're not historic anymore. They're actually less historic than The Cell (since we actually have history with our park). At least the Cubbies would never disrespect the "mecca of baseball" (I actually know someone who calls it that :o:) by "selling out". Oh wait, they did that.

samram
04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Someone called B&B yesterday after the game saying he witnessed another patron eat a urinal cake for $60.:o:

"another"? Is this a common practice out there?

TheDarkGundam
04-08-2006, 10:55 PM
"another"? Is this a common practice out there?
He means one patron saw a different patron (or "another patron") eat a urinal cake ( I hope that's what he means).
Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a common practice out there.

miker
04-10-2006, 12:53 PM

Any more trips to the Urinal and we may start questioning your allegiances.

Hangar18
04-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Anyone hear any stories on them?

:knue
"WHoah Whoah, the bleachers arent New ........theyre .........um............
expanded. The EXPANDED bleachers .................."

SouthSide_HitMen
04-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Any more trips to the Urinal and we may start questioning your allegiances.

I usually go to a couple of games a year as follows:

A. 1 (minimum) game vs. my favorite NL team - The New York Mets.

B. 1 or 2 trips with free tickets which usually include free food / beer before the game (at a bar outing) or during the game (Budweiser skybox).

C. To see the White Sox though the idiots at the crowd have kept me away for several years until 2005. I went twice last year (for the first time in several years) because I got free tickets Friday and I wanted to see McCarthy's first start on Sunday (and was able to get tickets below the WGN booth - upper deck box at cost).

I go to many more White Sox games and I never root for the Cubs. Baseball is baseball and if I could I'd go to one or two games every day. I love going to out of town parks and catching a game. I am a White Sox fan and a baseball fan. :cool: