PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moments 9895 - 9901 - Opening Day version

SouthSide_HitMen
04-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Some highlights at a bitterly cold day (the 20 - 30 MPH winds blowing right at us). The Cubs are .700 - .750 in games I attend so I really should stop going to the few games a year I do. Free tickets and pregame food / beer suckered me in.

Some Lowlights:

9895. Cub fan holding a sign "My whole life I've never cheered for the White Sox (with a backwords S) which was proudly displayed several times during the game.

9896. Jackass Ronnie Woo Woo Chant (sans Woo Woo) "Lets go Cubbies - With three Woos" Pathetic.

9897. Three joints being passed around my section with comments such as "This is Wrigley Field, great place for weed and relaxation." as well as "I smell some weed" with the second idiot saying "I want some weed."

9898. A 1 or 2 month infant staying on an absolutely freezing day with his / her asinine parents.

9899. A "White Sox Suck" chant by some idiot in a Cleveland hat and sweatshirt.

9900. Several fans with no jackets and one idiot with short pants on.

9901 - A giant "ivy man" walking around outside the park with cubs ivy planted from head to toe. He was advertising something but it was pretty pathetic.

Plenty of asinine frat boy / Trixie Cubby bead wearing jackass behavior. Most of the crowd was gone by the sixth.

A couple of impressive events witnessed -

A. Derek Lee's home run into the wind. He hit it very high and the wind was holding up everything but his shot was impressive (regardless of his uniform).

B. Pujols hitting an equally impressive shot that may have hit the Budweiser roof across the street on any normal day. It was hit sooo high, the ball came down at the warning track and the runner on 1B who for sure thought it was gone was doubled off.

C. Maddux letting the hitters hit it knowing the wind would keep everything (well except Edmond's shot to right (where the wind was blowing LF to RF / home plate). A typical Maddux performance.

Beer was $0.25 cheaper than at the cell after the 2006 price increase. They honored Ray Mayer with a pre game ceremony and Joey threw out the first pitch and sang Take Me Out To the Ballgame with his wife and two other people in his family (maybe his daughter and her husband?).

Other than that, it was too cold and I am glad I am not going back until the Mets come into town (unless I can score some White Sox tickets).

NonetheLoaiza
04-07-2006, 05:53 PM
A Cub fan trying to convince me that the NL Central is/was better than the AL Central this year and last year. Kept telling me that it's easy to get to the playoffs if you get to play the Royals, Tigers, and Twins for nearly 60 games. I'm sorry they aren't as impressive as the Pirates, Reds, and I'm sorry to say, the Cubs... That was a lowlight of my day today.

HebrewHammer
04-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Your first mistake was going to Opening Day at The Urinal.

FedEx227
04-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Somebody needs to get a vid-cap or picture of these Flubber fans holding up their sign "We're Here For the Miller Lite"... hope someone other then me saw it... I think it would just about sum up/end any argument Sox fans ever have with Cubdom.

thomas35forever
04-08-2006, 12:48 AM
A couple of Cubs fans saw Lee's home run on Gameday and were shouting in the computer lab at my school today. They said to the Sox fans "You may have your rings, but we have D-Lee!!" It's sad that they haven't been paying attention to Jim Thome lately. Actually, they don't pay attention to anything other than the Wrigley Field atmosphere anyway.

Steelrod
04-08-2006, 03:05 AM
A couple of Cubs fans saw Lee's home run on Gameday and were shouting in the computer lab at my school today. They said to the Sox fans "You may have your rings, but we have D-Lee!!" It's sad that they haven't been paying attention to Jim Thome lately. Actually, they don't pay attention to anything other than the Wrigley Field atmosphere anyway.
We have rings, they have Lee. Don't see the problem?

Nellie_Fox
04-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Thank you for supporting your Chicago Cubs.

Madvora
04-08-2006, 08:10 AM
I actually saw a guy with a "1969" patch on a Cubs jacket.
Can you believe that? Did he have any idea?

ChiSoxGirl
04-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I just had a Cub fan moment here at school. One of the secretaries said something to me a little while ago along the lines of, "did you see those Cub games this weekend?! And what's the Sox record??" I told her (and I borrowed this from a fellow WSIer who posted it the other day), "The Cubs sweep in April. We sweep in October when it really matters." The three ladies in the office then laughed.

MarySwiss
04-10-2006, 10:52 AM
I just had a Cub fan moment here at school. One of the secretaries said something to me a little while ago along the lines of, "did you see those Cub games this weekend?! And what's the Sox record??" I told her (and I borrowed this from a fellow WSIer who posted it the other day), "The Cubs sweep in April. We sweep in October when it really matters." The three ladies in the office then laughed.
You'd think some of these people would learn that if you want to match wits with Sox fans, it helps to have something to work with. Nice comeback!:cool:

skottyj242
04-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Somebody needs to get a vid-cap or picture of these Flubber fans holding up their sign "We're Here For the Miller Lite"... hope someone other then me saw it... I think it would just about sum up/end any argument Sox fans ever have with Cubdom.

I saw it but I believe it actually read: "We're Only Here For the Bud Light."

CaptainBallz
04-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Just saw this posted by a Cubs fan on another non-baseball related board:

"White Sox look impressive. Ha Ha."

I mean, come the **** on...! Talk about having NO frickin room to say anything... This guy had to get a Sox tattoo last year. What a joke. :rolleyes:

I_Liked_Manuel
04-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I saw it but I believe it actually read: "We're Only Here For the Bud Light."

i saw it when i was flipping channels- the timing couldn't have worked out better.

Dick Allen
04-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Something needs to be done about these Cubs fans. Seriously. Even if it's just a Three Stooges finger-poke in the eye.

Viva Medias B's
04-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Something needs to be done about these Cubs fans. Seriously. Even if it's just a Three Stooges finger-poke in the eye.

The Cubs getting their comeuppance will take care of this.

Dick Allen
04-10-2006, 12:28 PM
The Cubs getting their comeuppance will take care of this.Yeah, but the finger-poke is a lot faster.:D: