PDA

View Full Version : Sign Spotted at Cubs Game

VA_GoGoSox
04-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I turned on the end of the Cubs/Cards game today, and as they're scanning the crowd, they stop to focus on two trixies (both wearing pink cubby hats) holding a sign reading "we're just here for the budlight!"

Can anyone imagine a more appropriate way to sum up cubs fans?

SOecks
04-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I was just about to post this. I took a pic of it. Not sure if it will show up but here it is. Cubbie faithful really care about the team don't they?

http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/F9/72/EricsPicturesofHisFavoriteStuff/1/c.jpg

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

DumpJerry
04-07-2006, 04:56 PM
I see the trixies are true Masters of the Obvious.

SOecks
04-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I see the trixies are true Masters of the Obvious.

And you know if I walked past them in my Sox had they'd intelligently comment "Cubs rule, Sox DROOL" and snicker at how clever they are.

TheDarkGundam
04-07-2006, 05:00 PM
And you know if I walked past them in my Sox had they'd intelligently comment "Cubs rule, Sox DROOL" and snicker at how clever they are.
I think something like that would actually be too clever for people like this. I'd more expect to hear the old favorite "Sox suck!"

SOecks
04-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I think something like that would actually be too clever for people like this. I'd more expect to hear the old favorite "Sox suck!"

True, and I'd just reply with how nice their "Wrigley Field" shirts look on them and how cool it is to wear high heel shoes to a baseball game.

itsnotrequired
04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I was just about to post this. I took a pic of it. Not sure if it will show up but here it is. Cubbie faithful really care about the team don't they?

...and the Budweiser executives let out a cheer!

:rolleyes:

MsSoxVixen22
04-07-2006, 05:03 PM

It's female baseball fans like that, that make the rest of us true female baseball fans look bad. :angry: Dumbasses

Chip Z'nuff
04-07-2006, 05:05 PM
It's female baseball fans like that, that make the rest of us true female baseball fans look bad. :angry: Dumbasses

Vixen I will speak for the masses when I say
"those trixies ain't got nothin on you!"

Jerko
04-07-2006, 05:07 PM

http://www.wegotcards.com/cards/friends/silly/gogirl.GIF

Cat Thief
04-07-2006, 05:07 PM
True, and I'd just reply with how nice their "Wrigley Field" shirts look on them and how cool it is to wear high heel shoes to a baseball game.

High heel shoes anywhere are cool.

:drool:

I know you are being sarcastic.

jenn2080
04-07-2006, 06:46 PM

Amen. I just got home from looking at apartments and was looking at one on Addison that my roommate found. It was amazing how many chicks were walking down the street saying I can not believe they won. I heard the wrong score at least 4 times. 7-1, 4-1, 5-2, and one more...Amazing. I was flipping through channels when I got home and stopped too see the score of the game and I saw 3 people on cell phones waving to the camera. Nice job cool guy..WATCH THE GAME! Then my friend in I got in this huge debate about Cubs fans. He tried to tell me that they are so loyal and so on. That lasted all of 5 minutes because I put him in place. I do not call it loyalty when my stadium is like Disney World......or when people spend half of their time on the their cell phones making calls to their friends like they are at the hottest night club.......or when you are at a series such as the Sox vs. Cubs and they cheer just cause everyone else is and feel real dumb that they just cheered for the opposite team. I can go on forever but Ill stop. ;-)

SouthSide_HitMen
04-07-2006, 06:59 PM
The worst sign by far was the "My whole life I've never cheered for the White Sox (with Little Rascals backwards style S)". It's cub opening day, your team is playing your biggest rivals (who have owned the Cubs for the past 60 + years) and you bring a jackass sign saying you don't cheer for the White Sox.

WSox8404
04-07-2006, 07:50 PM

What do you mean world's largest outdoor bar? You won't find more intelligent fans anywhere.

Hitmen77
04-07-2006, 07:53 PM
The worst sign by far was the "My whole life I've never cheered for the White Sox (with Little Rascals backwards style S)". It's cub opening day, your team is playing your biggest rivals (who have owned the Cubs for the past 60 + years) and you bring a jackass sign saying you don't cheer for the White Sox.

Proving once again that Cub fans don't care about the White Sox.

FedEx227
04-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Yo man, can you upload that pic somewhere...maybe like YouSendIt.com or something. I'd love to be able to share this with the world.

SOecks
04-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Send me a PM and I'll email it to you. I also got some good pics of the front row behind home plate. At a couple of points in the game, out of the 12 people you could see behind the plate, half of them were on their cell phones and waving at the camera. Good stuff, great entertainment.

MsSoxVixen22
04-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Vixen I will speak for the masses when I say
"those trixies ain't got nothin on you!"

Thank you! :D: