PDA

View Full Version : Dye status?

dwalteroo
04-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Anyone know if Jermaine is starting tonight? I'm at work and am ready to plug him into my fantasy lineup if so, but I have no info/access to the radio. Anyone hear anything?!

DaleJRFan
04-07-2006, 04:45 PM
official word form the Sox is "day to day" and that he just had a knot in his calf.

Ol' No. 2
04-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Reifort usually posts the lineups on his blog (http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/) about half an hour before the game. That's probably the first we'll know.

Crede_Fan
04-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Lineup is on the blog.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

ondafarm
04-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Dye does not appear to be in the lineup tonight.

itsnotrequired
04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Lineup is on the blog.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

Oh man, did you see this quote on his site?

Time Poorly Spent

It seems that on the way out of the clubhouse on Wednesday, rookie Boone Logan asked someone what time the plane left on Thursday. The answer: "Eight o'clock."

So Boone showed up at Midway airport at 8 a.m. yesterday. Trouble was, the flight left at night.

:rolling:

oeo
04-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh man, did you see this quote on his site?

I was just going to post that...priceless.

DumpJerry
04-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Rookie hazing.

I think that shows he's very excited and enthusiastic about being with the White Sox.

DumpJerry
04-07-2006, 05:00 PM
No Pod, either. That's ok. My 5 year old nephew can beat the Royals. Give him some rest for that muscle of his.

itsnotrequired
04-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Rookie hazing.

I think that shows he's very excited and enthusiastic about being with the White Sox.

Sounds more like rookie stupidity...

:D:

oeo
04-07-2006, 05:03 PM
No Pod, either. That's ok. My 5 year old nephew can beat the Royals. Give him some rest for that muscle of his.

Pods still needs AB's, he hasn't looked so hot. Maybe another day off will bring him back?

KRS1
04-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Why the Sunday line-up so early? It's not like weve played 5 games in 5 days.

ilsox7
04-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Why the Sunday line-up so early? It's not like weve played 5 games in 5 days.

They're throwing a lefty. Ozzie likes his match-ups.

Ol' No. 2
04-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Why the Sunday line-up so early? It's not like weve played 5 games in 5 days.LHP

dwalteroo
04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Didn't realize the lineup was posted on that site. Thanks for the info! (Now if only someone else would start hitting I'd have a prayer of winning this week...) :?:

KRS1
04-07-2006, 05:15 PM
They're throwing a lefty. Ozzie likes his match-ups.
Pods has hit lefties well in his career, and AJ isnt terrible either. Also, going by how much Ozzie loves match-ups and Michaels record V. lefties, I found it shocking he left in Cotts to face him. Dont get me wrong this is not a B**** fest for me, just a little second guessing.

AJ splits graph.
http://www.fangraphs.com/splits.aspx?playerid=746&position=C&page=0&type=full&split=lr

Pods.
http://www.fangraphs.com/splits.aspx?playerid=1095&position=OF&page=0&type=full&split=lr

Hitmen77
04-07-2006, 05:16 PM

If not for the LHP, i'd like to see Pods get more ABs, not less. He missed a good chunk of spring training. I think he needs ABs to get his hitting back.

ilsox7
04-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Pods has hit lefties well in his career, and AJ isnt terrible either. Also, going by how much Ozzie loves match-ups and Michaels record V. lefties, I found it shocking he left in Cotts to face him. Dont get me wrong this is not a B**** fest for me, just a little second guessing.

AJ splits graph.
http://www.fangraphs.com/splits.aspx?playerid=746&position=C&page=0&type=full&split=lr
I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle. KC is throwing two RHP the rest of the series. Ozzie likes to mix things up and keep his guys fresh the entire year. If Pods and Dye are healthy, I'd guess you'll see them out there Saturday and Sunday. As for AJ, tomorrow is an afternoon game. So giving Widger the game versus the LHP and AJ the game versus the RHP makes sense.

Ol' No. 2
04-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle. KC is throwing two RHP the rest of the series. Ozzie likes to mix things up and keep his guys fresh the entire year. If Pods and Dye are healthy, I'd guess you'll see them out there Saturday and Sunday. As for AJ, tomorrow is an afternoon game. So giving Widger the game versus the LHP and AJ the game versus the RHP makes sense.Ozzie also likes to give guys a day off either before or after an off day to make it two in a row. That extra day can make a big difference for a mild strain like Dye had. And if Pods' groin is still not 100%, an extra off-day will help him, too. If you're going to get Ozuna playing time (and we know Ozzie will), today against Affeldt is the logical day.

oeo
04-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Ozzie also likes to give guys a day off either before or after an off day to make it two in a row. That extra day can make a big difference for a mild strain like Dye had. And if Pods' groin is still not 100%, an extra off-day will help him, too. If you're going to get Ozuna playing time (and we know Ozzie will), today against Affeldt is the logical day.

I still don't like seeing Ozuna in the outfield, but I guess I'll live. Can we see some sign of life today, though?

DickAllen72
04-07-2006, 06:13 PM
That's ok. My 5 year old nephew can beat the Royals.
I hope the Sox don't have that attitude.

Ol' No. 2
04-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I still don't like seeing Ozuna in the outfield, but I guess I'll live. Can we see some sign of life today, though?It's not like he's replacing a gold glove LF.

Lip Man 1
04-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Maybe it's the law of averages but those little nagging injuries sure seen to be biting the Sox this season as opposed to 2005. From spring training on it's been one thing after another.

And I understand Ozzie's reasoning, I just don't agree with it this early in the year. These guys who didn't get a lot of work in the spring because Ozzie like to play the minor leaguers, need some consistency. You can't get that sitting on the bench after only a few days.

This will be his 4th different lineup in four games...that's starting to sound Manager Gandhi-like.....and that's certainly not a good thing.

Just win.

Lip

CubKilla
04-07-2006, 10:53 PM
That's ok. My 5 year old nephew can beat the Royals.

Yeah :rolleyes:

oeo
04-08-2006, 09:22 AM
It's not like he's replacing a gold glove LF.
Nope, but Ozuna isn't really a gold glover himself. :tongue:

I NEVER want to see Ozuna in the OF ever again, he's the sole reason we lost yesterday because he accounted for about six of the runs.

BTW, I think DJ said Dye should be back on Sunday. Lets cross our fingers...

downstairs
04-08-2006, 09:32 AM

Does the kid need a job?