PDA

View Full Version : Things not "Just Ducky" for Prior?

Jerko
04-07-2006, 09:18 AM
I didn't read the whole article, but it looks like Marky is being sued for acting the ass at his little autograph session a couple years back........

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-nws-prior07.html

mccoydp
04-07-2006, 09:25 AM
It's not like he had somewhere special to go, or something pressing to do...like pitch for the Cubs...he's always ****ing injured anyway. I'm sure he could have found time in-between all the simulated games he's always pitching to do a meet and greet every now and then.

Madvora
04-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Ah that was a funny day.
I can just see a bunch of those blue dorks out there holding their porcelin statues and crying.

itsnotrequired
04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Ah that was a funny day.
I can just see a bunch of those blue dorks out there holding their porcelin statues and crying.

That was pretty funny. Didn't his wife drag him out of there? In any event, he definitely breeched the contract he signed with the store hosting the event.

SOecks
04-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I haven't read the day's Trib yet. Any mention of this in there? I'd bet my house there isn't but just wondering. Those damn snails probably hard at work again.

Flight #24
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I didn't read the whole article, but it looks like Marky is being sued for acting the ass at his little autograph session a couple years back........

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-nws-prior07.html

Obviously the dopes at the session didn't realize that Prior DID participate! He left the actual session, but he had a simulated autograph session later the same day in the clubhouse. Anyone who's folowed him enough to want his autograph would know that that's par for the course with him & his partner in bandages, Carrie.

tebman
04-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Obviously the dopes at the session didn't realize that Prior DID participate! He left the actual session, but he had a simulated autograph session later the same day in the clubhouse.

:rolling:

SOXPHILE
04-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Ah that was a funny day.

I agree, the pictures I saw of all those people weeping were some of the funniest things I've ever seen, since.................

-The news showed grown men & women crying at Cubbie Bear following game 5 of the 1984 NLCS

-The news showed grown men & women crying at Cubbie Bear following game 5 of the 1989 NLCS

-The news showed grown men & women crying, & kids and old ladies openly SOBBING at Wrigley after game 7 of the 2003 NLCS.

-The news showing Ron Santo taking a phone call at home from the Hall of Fame in 2003, informing him that, no, he again did not get accepted; this after he was SOOO sure he was in this time, and threw a party at his house and invited the news cameras to record the event.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Trav
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I agree, the pictures I saw of all those people weeping were some of the funniest things I've ever seen, since.................

-The news showed grown men & women crying at Cubbie Bear following game 5 of the 1984 NLCS

-The news showed grown men & women crying at Cubbie Bear following game 5 of the 1989 NLCS

-The news showed grown men & women crying, & kids and old ladies openly SOBBING at Wrigley after game 7 of the 2003 NLCS.

-The news showing Ron Santo taking a phone call at home from the Hall of Fame in 2003, informing him that, no, he again did not get accepted; this after he was SOOO sure he was in this time, and threw a party at his house and invited the news cameras to record the event.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

No way that last one is true. Is there anyway of getting a clip of that leagally?

White Sox Randy
04-07-2006, 12:55 PM
I like the way that this story is pretty much buried in the Chicago media.

If this had been Frank Thomas, there would have been several front page stories on it - also recounting every accusation ever thrown at Frank.

Actually, any White Sox player would have had this story blown up.

wdelaney72
04-07-2006, 12:58 PM
From what I gathered, Just Ducky hired an entertainment consulting firm who in turn brought Mark Prior on board for this session. Is Mark Prior the defendent? This just goes to show how stupid some of these athletes and their agents are. My sister lives very close to the "Just Ducky" store, and there's no way in hell it's large enough to accomodate someone of Mark Prior's stature. Prior did leave early, and will be found financially lighter because of it. It was a really stupid event for him to agree to in the middle of the baseball season.
:dumbass:

McCuddy
04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
and there's no way in hell it's large enough to accomodate someone of Mark Prior's stature.

Ceilings lower than six feet? :redneck