PDA

View Full Version : Double Talking Double Crossers...

DrCrawdad
04-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Sure, the bleachers are higher now...Well, maybe some of the views from the neighboring rooftops have been adversely affected...

Never mind that eight tall speaker poles -- four in right field and four in left -- mysteriously appeared on top of the bleachers during construction. The poles weren't in the original plans approved by the city, and they further obstruct several of the rooftops' views. But what are the Cubs' "rooftop partners'' going to do about it now?

"But we tried to be as honest about the changes as we could. We think the rooftops are extremely viable. We want them to do well. We just don't want their interests to come before ours.'' - Carol Sleazehack, Chicago Sun-Times

"We tried to as honest...as we could?" No, how about just BEING honest?

TheOldRoman
04-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Large speaker poles behind the bleachers? Yeah, that's first class.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-07-2006, 12:50 PM
:offtopic:
I used to have a double-talk voice mail greeting on my home phone.
I don't know if it double crossed anyone, but it sure confused the hell out of people.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

mantis1212
04-07-2006, 02:23 PM
"We tried to as honest...as we could?" No, how about just BEING honest?

I saw this line this morning as well, and found it absolutely hilarious.

miker
04-07-2006, 04:02 PM
But aren't they "historic" speaker poles?

Hangar18
04-07-2006, 05:46 PM
that is HILARIOUS .............."tried" to be honest .............
sure they did

DrCrawdad
04-08-2006, 12:32 AM
But aren't they "historic" speaker poles?

I remember hearing the blather from a Cub fan about how great it was that you could sit in the bleachers, in the same places and perhaps on the same wood benches where Cub fans had sat for close to seventy years. Now that line of argument will be dropped, dropped in the same bin where all the other boastful talk of some Cub fans has been deposited.

1. The lowly American League teams serve alcohol to their base fans. The grand NL teams, like the Cubs, refuse to serve demon alcohol.
2. Baseball should be only be played under the sun, and NOT under lights.
3. Advertising inside a ballpark is not acceptable, it's best to go to a park undefiled by advertising.
4. Having your park share the same name as a corporation (that owns the team) is fine, selling naming rights in just plain selling out.